PDA

View Full Version : turbo

JABBERJAW
3rd January 2004, 04:26 PM
slight turbo on the first s turns with pitch up and after braking for the last turn, a toiuch of hyperthrust up the hill to get going again, or all of it if it is the last lap. I go in the pit the first 4 laps.

science
4th January 2004, 02:46 AM
nice abstract. what does it apply to? ;P;)

zargz
5th January 2004, 02:18 PM
al strikes new topic button again! (^___^)

Wiseman
11th January 2004, 08:15 AM
Heh, we could make a game out of this...

It's "Figure what topic Al's reply is supposed to go to!" game!
(O.K. so the names too long, let's shorten it to the "FWTARISTGT" game)

We could even offer a prize... :lol:

science
12th January 2004, 02:49 AM
how do you pronounce that? i tried. it hurt.

Wiseman
15th January 2004, 04:13 AM
You have to say it with a flourish. :wink:

JABBERJAW
15th January 2004, 01:29 PM
This refers to the question of how I race porta kora

TYSON
18th January 2004, 08:54 PM
This refers to the question of how I race porta kora

Thanks Al, I'd asked about that a while ago, lol, it's funny to hear the guys trying to work out what your talking about!

:lol:

slight turbo on the first s turns with pitch up and after braking for the last turn, a toiuch of hyperthrust up the hill to get going again, or all of it if it is the last lap. I go in the pit the first 4 laps.

yeah this is about exactly what I've theorised. I'll have to completely re learn the track. I wasn't pitting at all.
What do you suggest for pit entry/ exit? Lifting the nose seems to help but does it slow the craft down?

Also, do you use any Hyperthrust for the large jump just before the tunnel?

How about Talon's reach in W3SE, I don't understand how you were able to get a 1:26 or what ever it was, surely going into the pits on this one is not worth the trouble?

Thanks man
:lol:

JABBERJAW
18th January 2004, 11:39 PM
I lift the nose of the ship in the pit. on talon's reach, I never pit. I pitch up on the first downhill and cut off a small section of track. then on the second small hill after that jump, pull up and go straight in the air off to the right of the track and into the tunnel. You have to not hit at all to have enough turbo to do this on the last lap. So, slight turbo on first uphill, then turbo off the second jump. If you have any turbo left at the end, use it up.

TYSON
19th January 2004, 08:26 PM
Hi Al,
Much respect to you, thanks for the valuble advice.

Talon's reach is still a problem for me on the second section where we leave the track to the right. I think what I'm doing wrong is taking waay too much air on the first cut off. Should I be landing just in front of that small hill then use that to jump to the right into the tunnel? It seems that I don't have enough height (It might be that i don't have enough speed). Should i turbo at that section?

I can only pull off 18's there, i'd like to at least cut 2 seconds off.

Thanks again
:wink: