PDA

View Full Version : IGN Insider

infoxicated
22nd February 2002, 11:10 PM
I just signed up for a year of this.

I'm glad it was only $20 because it is complete bull! There is next to no content, their game guides section is empty unless you want a guide to GT3 or Metal Gear (yawn), and the navigation once you're logged in to insider is just awful.

Wish I'd taken the months taster now, as I certainly don't think it's worth $20. Heck, they could have paid me that as a consultant and I'd have told them how to make a site bloody navigable! :reddevil

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: infoxicated on 2002-02-23 00:12 ]</font>

AmishRobot
22nd February 2002, 11:48 PM
IGN is a complete load.

The worst part is (and I hate to tell you this), at the rate IGN's parent company has been losing money, they won't make it through the end of the year. I'm actually surprised they lasted this long. Hey, you get to watch it all fall apart from the inside!

My last few posts have all been really negative. I wonder why? Let me try this:

:grin:

infoxicated
22nd February 2002, 11:58 PM
Oh, I know that Snowball have been melting(!) away since Daily Radar bought it last year, and the myriad ways that they're trying to get people to join the insider thing is a big indicator of financial trouble too. However, having played a lot of GTA3 while I was ill, yet still being quite far away from 100%, I wanted to see their guide.

Trouble is, I just paid $20 dollars for a guide that claimed it had "every level". Which is their way of saying it had a guide to every island - as in three guides about a page long with an overview of each island. It amounts to less than I'd know if I hadn't ever bought the game - that's why I feel a bit ripped off.

Hope they do go down - serves them right for that, I reckon. I'll happily light my $20 bill and toss it onto the rubble.

AmishRobot
23rd February 2002, 12:07 AM
Between GameFaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) and GTA3 Warehouse (http://www.gta3warehouse.com/), you'll find all the information you'll ever need to know, and then a lot more.

Lance
23rd February 2002, 12:50 PM
james, thanks for the link to games faq. i didn't know about this reference site. and it's great. i have a game that i never finished and didn't know the true depth and complexity and sheer coolness of till i skimmed a walkthrough of it that was about as long as the distance from here to the other side of the city. now i want to play it again and really go far into it this time.

infoxicated
23rd February 2002, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I found GTA Warehouse, but because Insider said they had guides "developed with the guys at Rockstar" I thought they'd be more detailed.

That GTA Warehouse site is very slick - the guy mustn't have a life to have created a fan site of that size! :wink:

AmishRobot
23rd February 2002, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty nice myself. That's actually the third major redesign they've gone through since October. At the rate he's improving, he's going to be looking at your job in no time! :lol:

There's a couple videos linked from GameFaqs of poeple who have been taking cars onto the L-train tracks, and when the train hits the car, it knocks them across teh ocean onto another Island. I saw one the other day, and it's hysterical. I need to try that.

Wamdue
23rd February 2002, 05:00 PM
you could always use the flying car cheat... Im having huge difficulties getting altitude with the airplane. just tap in the cheat and all cars will have the same features as the airplane. (duuh, flying cars) :wink:

science
25th February 2002, 05:21 AM
i dont think you can get any altitude with the plane. i dont know if its the same with your version, but in the american version the plane is called a dodo, which is a pretty good indication that its not gonna get too high up.

Xono
25th February 2002, 05:48 PM
IGN and its parent company Snowball have been deteriorating for many years, but not many people noticed. A few years ago, the webmaster of GameFAQs was part of Snowball as well; he had some business sense, though, as he pulled out of the network.