PDA

View Full Version : what do u think?

zerodivide666
24th December 2003, 08:37 PM
Acclaim has a new game out-XGRA(extreme g racing association).
i was woundering if anyone has played it yet?i seen the trailer2 the game and it looks
kind-of-sick :wink:
do u think x.g.r.a. is giving WIPEOUT a run 4 it's money?

Piranha Advancements
26th December 2003, 08:15 PM
Old game.I bought that when it came out.And I unlocked everything possible in that game in a 12 hr period and shelved it.It is that easy.

Honestly,it was quite fun.I like the menu interface,very sweet looking and definitely much beter than Fusion.You can choose riders with their variable stats upon starting.When you go to your race screen,there's a sweet ass female voice ( that is always an accompaniment to futuristic themes in general) saying "Good luck out there,rider.." Oh yeah.I was stoked the first time and got bored by the second hour but hey,whatever.For each level of difficulty's completion and depending on your performance,you get more sponsor choices with better bikes.

There's a "driver interaction" in races where pop up windows of the driver you just attacked/rival etc giving insults and so on which sorta makes the races sorta involving.Sorta anyways since they'll probably eat your dust by the second lap.Hence lies a problem.

Every race has a "mission goal",just a side bonus to add to that perfect game completion and most of it isnt a problem.Especially when you get the cheap ass "locked-on one hit kill" attack which means you can really just snuff every competiotion.

The music is good with choices of rock and trance,like one of those EA Trax in NFS games.Just not solid enough.

But the biggest downfall is the lack of tracks.If memory serves me right,there's only 4 or 5? Harder difficulties are just unbloced areas of previous tracks but the tracks are quite neat in implementation.There's weather effects,there's corkscrews,drag races,tunnels all giving that sense of speed and that pinball effect of ricocheting on walls we are so familiar with.

All in all,it's an average game.Would have been a solid game had it more tracks and a harder difficulty or phantom speed.It was just too easy for me.

zargz
28th December 2003, 03:12 PM
I dont find it that ez. good game (better than fusion). Buy it!! //^_^)\

zerodivide666
30th December 2003, 08:11 PM
i just got it yesterday and played it 4 a half-hour and i must say i'm digging it so-far.
what i think is X.G.R.A. and WIPEOUT should put their minds together and come up
with a supreme anti-grav. game.
everything that X.G.R.A. has WIPEOUT lacks and vice-versa.dont get me wrong i
sill think wipeout is #1 but.... :-? ......anyways.....it's just a thougt 8)

Piranha Advancements
31st December 2003, 04:48 PM
Abuse Deathstrike by the time you unlock it.Abuse,abuse,abuse.

Then get the Templar bike.Have fun.

jmoid
5th January 2004, 04:07 PM
They have the PS2 version in Game for £9.98 in the UK

zerodivide666
5th January 2004, 07:16 PM
dammm your right i finshed the game in 11 and a half hours 8)
i didn't think it was that e-z :o and the 1 hit kill helped me complete the contract
alot faster :wink: but its still a good game.

Piranha Advancements
5th January 2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah,told you.

And once you've unlocked Templar,there's nothing the game can do for you anymore.And you don't need Templar anyways.All you need is Deathstrike which kills all (hey,I cleaned out everyone by the fourth lap of a five lap race on final difficulty) but it also kills all fun there is in that game,making all other weapons useless.

They really should take out such a weapon.Flawed implementation I say and shouldnt be used in a sequel if there be.That chick in black latex that I used,Jakar-whatchamacallit,should be in though.

zerodivide666
6th January 2004, 09:25 PM
I agree :D besides i only payed 29.99 dollers 4 it :wink:

JABBERJAW
7th January 2004, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know if there are any race records or lap records you can look up. I beat the game, but don't know where to find it. If there are no records, I would have to call the developers morons. You make a racing game and don't have any race records, that's just stupid. Otherwise the game plays great, especially on X-box