PDA

View Full Version : WHY??!?

science
8th December 2003, 05:02 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/smb3.php
I know this is somewhat hippocritical since this is a forum devoted to a series of video games...
but WHY???
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE THIS GOOD AT SUPER MARIO?
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry by the end.

Wamdue
9th December 2003, 10:20 AM
I think its awesome! I think it shows a bit of asian mentality in it.. I mean, they choose something / some field they want to be good at.. and then _completly_ devote themselfes to it and become the best. I mean, look at the technology being developed and integrated in japan. Sushichefs anyone? takes 10years of practice to even get decent at it... Asians are all about mad skills, I envy their spirit :)

Lance
9th December 2003, 04:00 PM
Japan has had a truly extremist culture for several hundred years at the very least. that's probably why they have produced so much that i admire. i know that it goes back to at least a century before Tokugawa, the first Shogun. i suppose the real question is why are they so extreme?

science
9th December 2003, 05:01 PM
I think the real question is where do you draw the line? If you are extremely devoted to, say metalsmithing (a stereotype, i know, but it makes my point), I would assume that that is good devotion. But, lets say you are extremely devoted to poop-scooping; that is not properly asserted devotion, IMO. To which side of the line does our Mario Brothers friend fall?
That may beg the question of which side of the line we fall to, but we'll get to that later...;)

Lance
9th December 2003, 05:49 PM
[remembers the Joel and Al Manortop battle] ;)

zargz
9th December 2003, 06:52 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/smb3.php
I know this is somewhat hippocritical since this is a forum devoted to a series of video games...
but WHY???
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE THIS GOOD AT SUPER MARIO?
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry by the end.

the answer 2 u Q is another .. the same Q:

would YOU like to b THAT good at wipEout?? (^___^)b

jmoid
9th December 2003, 07:36 PM
I know you can get an Ikaruga tutorial DVD that has footage of someone finishing the game on one credit (possibly even without losing a life) - I'd love to see that.

science
10th December 2003, 12:04 AM
[remembers the Joel and Al Manortop battle] ;)
...yeah.
That almost got ugly for abit!
I plan on starting another one of those in the near future. Finals are over on thursday, then I'm going to seek out a PS1 and get started :D

lunar
10th December 2003, 12:12 AM
Well if you`re going to get a ps1 you might as well get a PAL one, as there`s only game worth playing on it - 3SE, which can be also be bought v. cheap. Then we can see you on the classic tracks 2.

science
10th December 2003, 05:11 PM
Thats not a bad idea, except i would still have to play at my friends house. He's got a widescreen tv that can handle a PAL signal. Otherwise, I would have to buy a system, a tv, the game, and a power converter.
As much as i would love to have all of that, it's just not in the cards right now. I have 3 months a year to make money, the rest of the time I'm stuck in school- living on a rather tight budget. right now I can pick up a PS1 for about 20-30 bucks, and that would be all I would need.

lunar
10th December 2003, 05:36 PM
Just trying to drum up more competition on the classic tracks.... not sure why because I`d probably just move further down the tables, and at the moment I can`t get anywhere near my best times, let alone the ones I used to dream of beating :-? :D As you say let`s hope this rumoured new wipeout has transatlantic compatibility.