PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Fusion merchandise is dire.

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 04:01 PM
Wow. What a line.

Nine T-Shirts, some hats and a few bags. Why bother? At least they could have done a hoody or something. And the logos on teh T-Shirts are a tad small aren't they?

http://www.kappastore.com/uk/offerte.asp?vetrina=155&Id_Reparto=57

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 04:21 PM
Is that it???

Why is it on a Fusion hat, the Kappa logo is the biggest one? The same with the bag.

I don't know what I was expecting, but this surley isn't it.

Let me guess, not available in stores?? Internet orders only?

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 04:23 PM
The link was posted by Webmaster on the Fusion forums... so I believe that this is it for the line.

Perhaps they will add more stuff in the future? Hopefully. I wouldn't mind skating around in an EGr Hoody.

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 05:28 PM
Saying that, hoodies arn't really Kappa-Slappa gear, plus added to the fact that the game and thusly the gear will be pushed towards the trendy/clubber scene whereas hoodies are more alternative.

Unless you can buy a Fruit of the Loom hoodie and somehow transfer the logo onto it (like the £5 merchandise outside gigs) I think you're out of luck

jmoid
22nd February 2002, 06:33 PM
i think i might keep my £8.27 after all...

Wamdue
22nd February 2002, 08:36 PM
i want a fusion bag for my camera eqiupment and to transfer my black beauty ( not the horse from the tv show, my ps2)

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 09:33 PM
I tried that transfering of logos. You can buy that iron on stuff and print a bunch of logos on it... but you have to treat it or the iron on logo will come off.

I ruined a nice Rollersnakes T-Shirt by doing that.

Wamdue
22nd February 2002, 09:36 PM
iron on print papers arent very good. I think Ive printed 4 of those, the print is hardly visable after 2 washes.

The kappa gear is a bit thin, but Im going to buy one Clone t-shirt to me and my brother,or... maybe that Feisar

brokenvoice
22nd February 2002, 09:39 PM
Man, that is just utter garbage. What a wasted chance. I for one will be buying a FOTL shirt and doing a little screenprinting practice for my EG-r shirt.

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 10:02 PM
My Uncle in France has a couple of those Embroidering machines... I might ask him to run off ten T-Shirts or Hoodys for me with various Fusion Graphics...

Might not look as clean as the printed shirts, but at least it will last.

science
22nd February 2002, 10:46 PM
oh! oh my god! what trash!!! why do they do this to us??? have we been anything but faithful? those damned dirty ratbastards! thats the most meager, half-assed attempt and a clothing line that could possibly be pulled off! my stomach hurts. im going to take a nap.

AmishRobot
23rd February 2002, 12:03 AM
Wow, that is disappointing. Some of the shirts are pretty cool, like the xios and the track layout designs. I imagine they're about as thick as two sheets of air, though. I never knew that logo was for Kappa. It looks like it belongs on the mudflap of a truck. What kind of people does this company cater to? They sure seem awfully proud of that logo.

BTW their website is ****. Some nice hi-res images of the designs would have been, well... common sense.

Lance
23rd February 2002, 12:25 AM
that's it? i suppose that they're going to tell us that it's artfully understated! to hell with that cheap [to them, not us] approach. i want to see some BIG logos!

Confusion
23rd February 2002, 11:23 AM
AmishRobot: Cover up the heads of the Kappa logo and it looks like a woman spreading her legs.. :razz:

Lance: Those logos really ought to be at least 4 times bigger.

AmigoJack
23rd February 2002, 01:27 PM
hehe - so i see ya all reflecting my thoughts...

this "merchandize" by k(r)appa is very low - the logos are v.small and the product range itself is far too small. for this disappointing stuff i think its too expensive.

:(

jmoid
23rd February 2002, 02:17 PM
i say we storm their factory, make some decent stuff (including hoodies), steal all their sandwiches and paint rude things on all the kappa logos we can find.

jmoid
23rd February 2002, 02:56 PM
actually, looking at the shirts (in as much as you can look at them, well said amishrobot, their site is lame) some of them are ok, and i dare say i'll be purchasing one. they just aren't what i expected.

jmoid
23rd February 2002, 03:04 PM
actually, scratch that. the biggest t-shirts come in XL, and according to their "search your size" feature, i'm an XXXL :lol:

maybe i'll buy one and use it as a wristband!

auslander
23rd February 2002, 04:21 PM
I must be a drone...

I want six of those shirts.. :smile:

Lance
23rd February 2002, 05:40 PM
''bzzz bzzz'' ''[hums a happy kappa tune]''

just kidding. if they've made what you want, go for it. :smile:

xEik
23rd February 2002, 10:13 PM
I can see a couple of 'marketing' guys involved in this.
:mad: MARKETING SUCKS :mad:

Spaceboy Gajo
24th February 2002, 01:04 AM
I'm not too thrilled about the merchandise. Actually I'm really disappointed.

When it was announced that Kappa was releasing official merchandise I was quite pleased. Imagining a great line up, with a company like Kappa.

Honestly, it's like Kappa gave it to say Jimmy who's father works for the company and they asked Jimmy to design some T-shirts.

I know we all can have better T-shirts than this.

Kappa's shirts are so uninspiring. It's minimalistic but not in a good design way. Very boring.

The hats, I thought would have large team logos and a small Kappa logo. You have to have a Kappa logo so you know the company that made the merchandise. Instead we have a huge Kappa logo and Wipeout Fusion on the side.

Sorry guys and gals for the rant. Just one more thing, they don't even ship to Canada.

So much for the Internet.

science
25th February 2002, 06:09 AM
ok, ummm, i feel kinda stupid. i went to the site the first time and thought that they had a grand total of 3 items. a shirt, a hat and a bag. despite the fact that i scrolled down, i still missed the very small t-shirts at the bottom.
so while the lineup is still pretty sad, its a little broader of a line than i first thought, so that first post was a little misguided. (but just a little).

i would really like to have one of the hats, though... i wonder how much it would end up costing me to get it shipped over here.

AmishRobot
25th February 2002, 08:55 AM
appearantly, they don't ship overseas... which is utterly ridiculous.

Stalker
25th February 2002, 04:47 PM
Just ordered 2 t-shirts. (Piranha and Auricom) Hoping to get them reeeally soon... Ok, the design wasn´t that great, but it´s still Wipeout, right? =)

Lance
25th February 2002, 07:04 PM
well, yeah, it is still wipeout, but considering how very veeeeery long a time it was before Fusion was released, Kappa had plenty of time to do better.

and it woulda been nice if their own logo was smaller than the wipeout logo! :wink:

science
25th February 2002, 07:49 PM
im going to have to get one of you british folk to use as a middleman. any volunteers?:D

Stalker
26th February 2002, 11:34 AM
Lance! U can´t blame Kappa, it´s not their fault they´re lazy italians. Well... Maybe it is. =)

Lance
26th February 2002, 01:42 PM
i wonder what wipeout itself and wipeout clothing would look like if Bang and Olufsen gave everything that futurist scandinavian touch.