PDA

View Full Version : Amplitude... best bemani-sim ever?

Thruster2097
7th November 2003, 11:46 AM
I have to hand it to amplitude. It quite simply is the best pick-up-and-play game of all time.
Lush graphics and environments, fast loading, excellent progression system and some of the best music tracks your ever likely to treat your ears to.
For total noobs to frequency/amplitude, here's the five-o.
You design your own freQ and have to complete a journey made of music tracks. Each level has 5 or 4 songs, end each song is split into 6 layers (drums, bass, vocal, special...) Your freQ has to capture notes on each layer by pressing the corresponding button on your pad, which isnt too hard because you only have three to choose from, left, centre and right. Once you capture the note sequence, the track becomes unlocked for 8 bars (or about 40 secs depending on the speed of the song). Unlock all the layers to complete the song, and beat all the songs to complete the game.
Sounds tough, but set it up at a party and it becomes shockingly competitive, and set it all up when youre alone and turn the speakers up for a real blast!

I really cant praise this game enough, it rocked my world, and i reckon it will capture the imagination and tv of anyone who has tapped their fingers or feet along to the radio... which is everyone?!? :)

Harvai
7th November 2003, 12:01 PM
haven't heard from me for a long time!!

Amplitude is pretty cool, it's fighting against NFS Underground for chrissie + birthday money. great game to play with some mates. catch tunes too.

Thruster2097
7th November 2003, 12:53 PM
if were talking xmas money, it really has to be ssx3. A belter of an alterna-sports game which builds on its insanley popular reputation, and is a must-have to show the PS2 working at the limit. Probably a bit better on xbox, but im going to be a ps2 purist on that one...