PDA

View Full Version : Barrel roll timing

JABBERJAW
25th April 2018, 02:50 AM
I have thought about this for a while now. Is it better to wait to BR on a long jump longer, or to do it right away? Is there speed loss if you do it immediately?

JFthebestJan
25th April 2018, 03:38 AM
No difference at all, it's the landing that decides if it's fast or not. Btw BRs in VR is absolutely a no go, cause it messes around with my stomach (im playing pilot view). That's why no1 will ever do a WR in VR! Downtown and Moa Therma are impossible to play in VR, cause of the very bumpy track layout. I tried track and cockpit view, but that's no way as intense as pilot view, therefore not an option for me ;)

mannjon
25th April 2018, 09:40 PM
No difference at all, it's the landing that decides if it's fast or not. Btw BRs in VR is absolutely a no go, cause it messes around with my stomach (im playing pilot view). That's why no1 will ever do a WR in VR! Downtown and Moa Therma are impossible to play in VR, cause of the very bumpy track layout. I tried track and cockpit view, but that's no way as intense as pilot view, therefore not an option for me ;)

I think it depends on the track. While I haven't set any wrs in vr yet, I've beat some of my older records by at least one second of more which is huge.

But I have a lot of trouble chaining them together accurately for sure. Especially in pilot view.

JABBERJAW
25th April 2018, 11:42 PM
track view moves more than pilot, and BRs work very well. I have a pr on chenghou rev and almost on downtown, though I havent played enough. Pilot view on the bumps and lots of BRs would be very hard

blackwiggle
26th April 2018, 05:00 AM
Anybody gone into your PS4's settings and changed the needed L/R move of the D-Pad to the shoulder buttons?
I've always had a shockingly bad success rate with BR's, and a pretty sizable amount of BR's that do actually work have had my craft ending up on a different line than I wanted it to be, just because the BR move is tied to the steering.

I have always used the D-Pad for steering, but when in VR mode I find I can use the left stick, so it left the D-Pad free.....I have remapped the L1R1 as air brakes in game, but since this leaves the L2R2 triggers free I thought I'd try remapping the BR move to those two triggers......it's works fine, but like any new setup, needs time to get used to it.

If you want to try it, go into PS4's Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments, then click on "Enable Custom Button Assignments", once done that will open up the option "Customize Button Assignments", then once in that button mapping menu just remap the D-Pads < and > controls to whatever you want to try.

eLhabib
26th April 2018, 09:01 AM
I use that as well!
Also, you can remap the airbrakes to < and > which enables you to fly the Pirhana prototype like a normal craft! ;)

mannjon
1st May 2018, 02:45 AM
Man I just can't. I'm sure I could Crack a few more top teens if I could, but it's so hard after a decade.