PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Omega Collection version 1.05 update

purist284
16th April 2018, 06:54 PM
Currently I'm downloading a roughly 6.4 GB patch update for Omega Collection (Version 1.05) It will be a while before I can complete the download. Does anyone have it running already? Such a large patch... is there any new content? I know it's probably unlikely that there would be, but since it's over 6 gigs, I can't help but hope.

multibodydynamics
16th April 2018, 09:45 PM
Nothing new. Just the VR ship selection glitch patched. Nothing else that I can see. Supersampling glitch is probably getting fixed in an upcoming patch.

JABBERJAW
16th April 2018, 09:50 PM
Nothing new. Just the VR ship selection glitch patched. Nothing else that I can see. Supersampling glitch is probably getting fixed in an upcoming patch.

wait, they didn’t put the supersampling patch in? They said they had it fixed almost immediately after they were told about it.

purist284
16th April 2018, 10:02 PM
I see. I figured that would be the case. Oh well... back to the Fury campaign in VR I go...

JABBERJAW
17th April 2018, 01:33 AM
The game worked with supersampling on, I guess it was a miscellaneous bug fix. It doesnt seem to look any different than before

Dawn_Fire_
17th April 2018, 09:23 PM
I just loaded up the game and the two differences i noticed were the VR ships locked at the bottom of the ship select screen and for some reason the standard ships themselves are displayed really small now, you can still zoom with R2, but they always revert back to looking really small, which is a bit odd. Big white screen and tiny ship. Don't like that, but whatever.

I haven't been on for a while, so this may be old, but that's all i noticed in the standard non VR game.

multibodydynamics
17th April 2018, 10:08 PM
Default view orientation was weird from the start in 1.03 when VR was released. It is probably because you get a nice effect when you zoom with R2 button when in VR mode. It would have been nice if they had kept the old default view orientation for non-VR though. No biggie I guess, but still.

mannjon
18th April 2018, 09:27 PM
Man what a rip off! For those of us that have limited hard drive space because we spent all our money on the head set, I'm having to delete a game just so I can race with you guys! Worth it, but that is a huge update just to lock people out of a glitch exploit.

AdHoc
19th April 2018, 12:33 AM
I would have thought the new files from the update would replace the outdated files, not be stored alongside?!

T-301
19th April 2018, 01:37 AM
Doesn't it require extra space in order to download the update as a whole, then replace updated files during installation?

AdHoc
19th April 2018, 02:58 AM
Sure, but if your hard drive is full, how do you ever update any game anyway? Aren’t most updates nowadays over 2-3GBs, especially for resource-heavy games?

Cipher
19th April 2018, 07:40 PM
Games bundle individual assets into packages, if 1 asset changes, the entire package that asset resides in has to be rebuilt which is why you get large downloads.
The reason for asset packages is to improve load times, hard drive access is slow, having to request thousands of files scattered across the hard drive platters would take so much longer than just reading in 1 big file which is a nice, steady, continuous stream of data on the hard drive.

Developers could do it, but then everyone would complain about the loading times being too long, it's one or the other, and in this day and age, disk space is usually less of a problem :)

blackwiggle
20th April 2018, 04:13 AM
Now that the system software allows you to, you should get a external USB3 HD for your PS4, at least 4TB, as after formatting that's reduced to around 3.65 TB.....I bought a 8TB HD at Xmas and have already filled 1TB of it just purely with games in 4 months.
I'd had to delete 18 games off my 1TB PS4 prior to getting the 8TB HD, and once a HD is around 15% from capacity it tends to slow down considerably anyway, so it's also wise to have space on your main drive, just from a performance point of view.

As Cipher mentions above about why downloads are so big now days, GT Sports has had several updates and one of the last cause loss of game save data, so they produced a new one with a fix that and bundled all the previous updates into one massive 32GB update, that replaced all the old ones.....a bit of a shock when I saw it auto downloading.