PDA

View Full Version : The Marked Man! New custom game mode

XxSuperRyugaxX
1st September 2017, 10:29 PM
Hello guys!
Wipe-FuSionZ had an idea about a "minigame" for WipEout. It's called The Marked Man, we tested it with other players and it worked! It's a particular minigame, cool to play with friends and have fun.

DESCRIPTION

The Marked Man is based on Eliminator mode (or Combat for 2048 ). One player of the lobby will be randomly chosen as the "marked one" before starting race. What does it mean?
It means that he will be against all other players, trying to avoid and escape from them. He can't fire, he can only use shields (or absorb to gain a little bit of energy on 2048 ). If he reaches the chosen score without being destroyed, he wins. If he gets killed even just one time by opponents, he loses. How does it work? There are some rules.

RULES

Mode : Eliminator or Combat
Class : Rapier or Phantom
HUD : Enabled
Pilot assist : Disabled
Barrel Roll : Enabled
Target score : 50

- The Marked Man(MM) must reach 50 points without shooting. This means he must complete 10 laps, since Eliminator gives you 5 points each lap.
For Combat, MM must reach 16 points (on 2048, each completed lap gives you 2 points, but 2048 tracks are longer, so we thought 8 laps are good enough :D).

- Remember that friendly fire is on! If the killers hit/destroy eachother, they'll gain points. If a killer reaches 50 points, all the killers lose and the MM wins. So you must aim and use your weapons carefully! The only goal for killers is to destroy the MM, and not to gain points!

- On HD, IDs while racing are not really visible, so for avoid confusion, the MM must use a different ship than the ones of all other players. Plus, if possible, MM must use the grey skin while killers the default skin, making the MM more visible.
On 2048 IDs are visible, so no need of grey skin. But: killers must use FIGHTER ships, while MM must use a SPEED or AGILITY ship (no prototypes allowed!)

- Currently thinking if Quake should be banned or not. On HD Eliminator is way too common, making the escaping very hard.

- If MM gets destroyed, players will continue to normally play for reach the score and end the game.
Same thing for 2048: since the min score is 50, and there the MM must reach 16 for win, players will continue to play for end the game either if MM or killers win.

These are the rules! It may sound complicated, but once tried it isn't! It's very fun, especially when you're the Marked Man :D tell guys what do you think, and if you would like to try this minigame!

Video recorded by Wipe-FuSionZ, the creator of this minigame! Remember that these were our first tests so something can be different from rules written above here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwj0aQqIU0

Snakenator1
2nd September 2017, 11:16 AM
Sounds like fun, basically a wipeout version of cops and robbers. Count me in for the next time you run this. But no prototypes? noooo I love my Pir-hana prototype >.<

The only problem I see here is barrel rolls being turned on in 2048, since fighter ships are not considerably fast, the mm could easily gain a lead if they absorb tons of weaps and just keep rolling. There is potential the killers may not be able to catch up leading to an unbalanced affair. However I suppose that varies between individual skill level as well.

XxSuperRyugaxX
2nd September 2017, 02:29 PM
Exactly! Cops and robbers at extremely high speed :D

Thank you for your suggestion, we'll consider if Barrel Rolls should be disabled or not, we'll do more tests when possible (you can join too of course) to see what things are better and not. I think you're right, Wipe-FuSionZ also agrees, Fighter ships are slow and letting the MM to barrel roll could be a problem. But at the same time I see the BR as a risk, because you lose 15 of energy, also remember that on Eliminator killers can decide to run the track on reverse and do a big surprise to the MM if he goes too fast :P but this idea of disabling BR is pretty good. We should try..

Also, I'm thinking about AG-Systems prototype for the MM. As I remember, it loses much more energy for everything respect to other ships, making the absorb fact a bit less OP. But I can't remember if this prototype gains more energy from absorbs hehe.. if yes, then it's the same thing

WipeFuSionZ
2nd September 2017, 08:23 PM
Hello! I’d like to Say, I’m Glad you Guys are Enjoying Playing Marked Man On WipEout Omega Collection. :)
We Have Been Listening to your feedback on this Custom Gamemode. Throughout the time, we have been testing sessions out with new settings in attempt to Balance The Play Field to make it a Fun, Enjoyable Experience For Everyone!

If you Have Any Suggestions, Feel Free to Send them to my PSN or Reply here. If you’d like to Join for a Couple of Marked Man Games, Feel Free! We are Always willing to Play.

:beer
New Rules We Have Implemented so far since Froggy’s post about the Rules are:

-All Players Hunting will use the Same Team Ship (HD/Fury or Skins don’t matter) and the Marked Man will use any ship they would like. We Agree this is Easier for the hunters to see the MM without having to be up close to see the gamertags ingame.
-The Hunters Can Use Quakes, As many times as they like. Because of how many weapon pads that could be scattered, the MM could be shielding all the time, meaning without a powerful weapon among the others, it won’t be near easy to destroy the MM and maybe near impossible, so to keep balancing the playing field, we allow quakes.
-(20488) Barrel Rolls are Being Disabled for 2048 Marked Man Games, To Ensure There is no unfair advantage on the MM, from speed. Making it impossible to Kill.
-(20488) Players On the Hunters Can Either Use Fighter or Agility Crafts to Hunt the Marked Man. While the Marked Man Uses any Speed Ship they Like.
-(20488) Prototype Ships are Not Allowed! The Reason for this is because anyone could get any Advantage or Even Disadvantage on Marked Man. If you Look at AG.Sys Prototype, the Health is Too Low for Combat Events, and Auricom Prototype can’t be Stunned by weapons and Regens Health, And FEISAR Prototype can become the fastest ship super easily after charging, but while charging, you could likely fall behind from the Marked Man. Qirex Prototype completely ruins the Marked Man Game By Having 30 bullet cannons that kill instantly if all 30 bullets are hit on the Marked Man Or Accidentally Hitting Teammates, causing games to end Quickly making it no fun Whatsoever.

(2048 Rules and Gameplay is still being tested quite strongly. It’s difficult with 2048 at this time, i recommend playing HD/Fury with Marked Man for now with at least 4 players to enjoy minimum Experience and Fun)

docfo4r
4th September 2017, 02:05 PM
Sounds like a fun idea. Count me in for future testing events :)

WipeFuSionZ
4th September 2017, 05:28 PM
Hello!
I’ve came up with a bunch of Custom Marked Man Gamemode Which i’d like to Share with You!
Please Keep In Mind, These are Still being Tested to See if they Would Work, and to see if Alternative Gamemodes will change the way Marked Man Could Be Played :)
Some of these maybe Adjusted or Removed In the Near Future. :) Here’s What I Came Up With:

Prototype Plaza (2048 Exclusive)
Game Settings:
Gamemode: Eliminator/Combat
Target Score: 50
Class: A+
Marked Man Ship: FEISAR Prototype
Hunters Ship: Qirex Prototype (Fighter)
Barrel Roll = OFF
HUD = OFF
As Requested that Prototypes should be tested, i’ve came up with an alternative that features only Prototypes! Within the Absorbing Issue as seen on 2048, it makes it harder for the marked man to survive instead of absorbing consistently while you get up to 7 other ships with Powerful Miniguns chasing down after you. Same Rules Apply as Standard Marked Man, No Shooting for the Marked Man, and Friendly Fire Must be Watched Carefully! The Marked Man Must Execute 10 Laps (20 points) in succession without dying to win, or attempt to get the hunters to kill each other by pushing or swinging side to side.

Marked By The Zone (HD/Fury Exclusive)
Game Settings:
Gamemode: Zone Battle
Zone Target: 55
Marked Man Ship: Any Personal Ship
Hunters: Icarus Or FEISAR
Barrel Rolls: OFF
Marked Man Faster Than Super-Phantom??, You Got It! Marked in The Zone is a Marked Man Alternative Gamemode that Challenges Everyone just as much as the Marked Man. Same Ship Rules Apply to this gamemode as the original Marked Man. The Marked Man Has to Try And Survive until the zone target is hit by anyone to win, while everyone else plants down Barriers to prevent the Marked Man from winning. The Marked Man Can only Shield and at any time (Also Absorb As Much Health as They Like Per Shield) while avoiding the hunters barriers. The Marked Man Gets One Life to Survive and the Hunters have Infinite. If Anyone Hits Zone 55 or The Zone Target, Without the Marked Man Dying, the MM Wins. Just Like Old Times, The MM Dies, The Hunters Win

Pirahna Brigade (2048 Exclusive) Recommended: Experts & Above
Game Settings:
Gamemode: Combat
Barrel Roll: ON
Pilot Assist: OFF
Track: Sol
Marked Man Ship: Pirahna Prototype (Sliver Skin)
Hunters Ship: Pirahna Prototype (Standard Skin)
Class: A+
Target Score: 50
The Ultimate Challenge for All Players. The Pirahna Brigade! Only Pirahna Prototypes Exist. (Required to Be Unlocked To Participate!) Same Marked Man Rules Apply, But the Marked Man Has to Complete 20 Laps! 1 Life for the Marked Man, Infinite for the Hunters.:lol It’s a Extremely Hard Challenge for Everyone! The Hunters will fear attempting to eliminate the Marked Man! And The Marked Man will Thunder into a bolt knowing that you have to do 20 Laps instead of 10! 40 points to win! As Always, if the game ends and if the MM hasn’t died, the MM Wins! With The Airbrakes only enabled and No Braking at all as Pirahna Acts like a Zone Ship, non stop Consistent Accelerations. This is Why I Recommend this Challenge for Experts of the WipEout Series Only!

Time Reaper (Tournament Mode)
Gamemode: Combat/Eliminator
Class: Super-Phantom (A+)/Phantom (A)
Marked Man Ship: Auricom Prototype on 2048 & Any on HD/Fury
Hunters Ship: Any (Can’t be the Same as The MM)
Prototype Ships: Auricom Prototype (Fighter Prototype)
Target Score: 200+
NOTE: The Marked Man Cannot Win On this Game Type | Time Reaper. You can Guess it Easily. It’s Time Attack! The Chosen Marked Man Has to try and Survive for as Long as Possible, while being Timed on their Survival. As it’s a tournament game type, it’s obvious that everyone has to try once to build a leaderboard to see who is the Ultimate Survivor. The Twist with this gamemode is, is that:

-The Marked Man CANNOT Absorb a Single Weapon [2048 Games].
-The MM can Shield the Weapon [HD/Fury Games]

But You Question, How can they get health?? In HD/Fury, You Can Gain 20% Health From Surpassing The Starting Line Per Lap. In 2048, the Marked Man Uses Auricom Prototype to Gain Health Back, as it Regenerates 1% Health every 1-2secs, As there’s no other way to absorb. Same Standard Rules Apply with Ships, and No Weapon Fire From The Marked Man. 1 Life to survive as long as possible as the MM, infinite for Hunters. If Playing in HD, The MM Can still be healed by surviving the Lap. Once Killed. The Clock is Stopped and the time allocated is added to the leaderboard for that player. May The Best Man Win.

THE TOP 3 BEST SURVIVORS
1st: thehonestfork | Time: 6:25.00
2nd: feisar_2097 | Time: 4:09.05
3rd: Snakenator1 | Time: 3:56.56
(Submission of Times Must Require Full Match Length Video Proof :D)

Marked Infection (Infected Gametype) [Fun Gametype]
Gamemode: Combat/Eliminator
Class: A/Phantom
Infected Marked Man: Any Ship
Survivors Ship: Any Ship
Prototype Ships Allowed: AG-Systems Prototype, Pirahna Prototype, FEISAR Prototype
Target Score: 200+
NOTE: There is No Winners or Losers in the Gamemode.When the Anti-Gravity League, FX350 has broken away, the Tracks became infectious, causing an infected chaos cluster of ships that are vivid and want to destroy everything in its path. The Selected Marked Man is Infected and they have to hunt everyone down! It’s Like the Marked Mans Revenge! Only The Marked Man Can Fire Weapons, and The Survivors, which previously were hunters, are now only Allowed to Shield! And Since this is a Free For All Infection Mode, everyone can use any ship they like, with any skin :D (Prototype Rules still apply to 2/5 Of the Ships, which are the ones that aren’t available) When the Marked Man Kills a Survivor, or if a Survivor Commits Suicide, They Become Infected and they join the Marked Man to help hunt everyone down! Meaning the newly infected are now legal to fire weapons at everybody. The Game Plays Until Everyone is Killed and Turned Infected, after that, Rampage until the end of the match. :) 1 Life as a Survivor, and Infinite for the Infected and Marked Man! Don’t get Eaten Alive! Take No Prisoners....

Resurrection Resemblance (HD/Fury Exclusive) New Gamemode Being Tested! [Festival Gametype]
Gamemode: Eliminator
Class: Phantom
Hunters Ship: Any Ship
Marked Man: Any Ship
All Players Must Use Different Teams to Avoid Confusion!
Target Score: 200-400 Points
Minimum Players Required: 5
[I]This Gamemode is All VS All, Everyone Has To Try To Become the Next Marked Man. How this Works, Is Someone Before the Round Starts is Selected for being the Marked Man And Everyone has to Kill The Marked Man. But the Twist Is, Once The Marked Man has been Killed, the Game DOESN’T End! The Marked Man is the Player Who Killed the Previous Marked Man! Same Rules Apply for Marked Man, While Marked, the Marked Man Cannot Fire Weapons, Only Shield. If the Marked Man Commits Suicide, The Player in 1st Place Becomes the New Marked Man. The Hunters can Fire Weapons Still! While Everyone Enjoys the Fun Of This New Gamemode, Only 1 Can Win The Round! The Game Goes Until The Target Score Is Hit, And the Winner is Whoever in Concurrently Marked! So Make Sure you Hit the Marked Man as much as you can and when Marked, Protect yourself as much as you can, And Make sure you are Marked at the end of the game to Win! Safe Hunting Soldier!

StingerTheRaven
5th September 2017, 10:59 PM
Might I make a suggestion to unlimit ship choice in HD?

Hunters all fly platinum skins. They can fly anything, so long as they completed the campaigns. It may be a bit biased against players who haven't gotten that far, but since we can't tint our ships manually or select teams, we don't have a better choice.
The marked man can fly any ship with any paint scheme except for platinum.

Admittedly, some skins will make it a challenge to identify ships at longer range, especially Mirage Fury, Qirex HD 3, Piranha HD 3, and other brightly-coloured ships. However, at those ranges, you're risking friendly fire already even with Icaras hunters versus a different prey; I don't think much will actually change.

Also, I realize that HD ships fly so similarly that restricting hunters to one team is already a fair option. I'm just biased towards seeing more than two shapes on the track.

EDIT: Additionally, instead of rolling dice, how 'bout the marked man be determined based on position in the lobby? Starting with the host or whoever's up top and cycling down until the list is completed.

WipeFuSionZ
8th September 2017, 11:11 AM
Might I make a suggestion to unlimit ship choice in HD?

Hunters all fly platinum skins. They can fly anything, so long as they completed the campaigns. It may be a bit biased against players who haven't gotten that far, but since we can't tint our ships manually or select teams, we don't have a better choice.
The marked man can fly any ship with any paint scheme except for platinum.

Admittedly, some skins will make it a challenge to identify ships at longer range, especially Mirage Fury, Qirex HD 3, Piranha HD 3, and other brightly-coloured ships. However, at those ranges, you're risking friendly fire already even with Icaras hunters versus a different prey; I don't think much will actually change.

Also, I realize that HD ships fly so similarly that restricting hunters to one team is already a fair option. I'm just biased towards seeing more than two shapes on the track.

EDIT: Additionally, instead of rolling dice, how 'bout the marked man be determined based on position in the lobby? Starting with the host or whoever's up top and cycling down until the list is completed.

Wipe-FuSionZ: Unfortunately, It could be worse if all players are different ships, and all platinum Skins. It’ll be way too difficult to identify the MM. Which is why, all hunters should use the same ship, Skins doesn’t matter. Essentially, the team that all hunters have to use doesn’t matter, it can be any ship, as long as the MM isn’t the same as the hunters. It could be Qirex or FEISAR For all I care. I also see where your coming from, with skins, because if all hunters are sliver and the only colour on the track is the Ship that’s Marked, it can make it easier, but also at the same time, you might not know who’s what and who’s actually marked unless you look closely, especially on colourful tracks. This will also mean that every player that plays, must have completed the campaign, unlocked all ships, and all skins, making lower people unable to play this mode :( But we can give this a test to see if this is the right way to do it, i could be completely wrong, so don’t quote me. :) Friendly Fire is apart of the fun, you’ve got watch out! Thanks for your suggestions though.

StingerTheRaven
11th September 2017, 12:03 AM
I can see where you're coming from; it's better if more people can join in, after all. I'd suggest implementing my suggestion if everyone has platinum skins in the first place, otherwise, all hunters must use the default paint scheme of the selected craft, HD/Fury is irrelevant. The idea of a craft for all hunters seems fitting to me, but I found it's still very, VERY easy to confuse friendlies when, in Icaras' case for instance, some of them are pink, some of them are black-and-orange, some are platinum, and some are TRON. Imagine if the marked man was wearing Tigron Skin 2 in that situation..

WipeFuSionZ
11th September 2017, 12:00 PM
We will bear that in mind Buddy :) HD skins are all sorted now :) 2048 we could trial your suggestion. :)

WipeFuSionZ
18th September 2017, 01:48 PM
Hello! For Those Who would like to see how Time Reaper is Played, We did a Whole Tournament with 7 People and it Went Successfully!

https://youtu.be/-6puamIyGvE
Heres the video if you’d like to see the chaos! We are planning on testing the final alternative game type for Marked Man Very Soon! Which is Marked Infection! Check out my Post On all the Alternative game types for Marked Man for more details on This gamemode. (The Post is on Page 1, just in case the thread gets long) :)
Thanks for you’re continual support on Marked Man and i’m glad you guys are enjoying the Game Type! If any of you haven’t already heard about Avalon, there’s another avalon event coming soon on Sep.29 and lasts until Oct.1. I’ll be there to race anyone or If anyone would like to play Marked Man at any point!

Any Questions on Marked Man, Feel Free to Post here Feedback and Questions here or Message Me on PSN (as displayed on My a Profile) :)

noffelhonk
24th September 2017, 04:22 PM
Hi there! I just wanted to suggest a correction. I think in the Time Reaper rules you mixed up 2084 and HD/Fury in one part: "But You Question, How can they get health??, The Marked Man Now has Legalised Leech Beams that he can use [HD/Fury Only]. " I think you probably wanted to put 2084 in brackets there, since in HD/Fury health regenerates after each completed lap.

I would also like to suggest to change the rules of Marked By The Zone a bit. I think it would be more interesting if the Marked Man wasn't allowed to boost and as such can't leave barriers, but would still be allowed to shield through barriers. Otherwise it would pretty much be a regular Zone Battle, since it is pretty hard or next to impossible to aim for a specific target with those barriers. So while the hunters would be able to spam the track in front of the Marked Man with barriers, and since the MM can only shield and not boost, it is guaranteed that he won't race ahead of the others.

WipeFuSionZ
25th September 2017, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I noticed something Slighly Wrong there. I’ll update it. But with 2048, You can’t discard a Weapon without Using It or Regeneration of Health. Time Reaper in 2048 Doesn’t quite work the way i want it too. Plus, in A+ Class, Leech Beams Literally Refills the Whole Health Bar in 2 seconds, and add the shield effect too. So I’m thinking that Leech Beams should be removed now I think about it. Because what’s the point of Grabbing a Leech beam, just knowing you can continually absorb weapons and while you’re attempting to find the Leech Beams, you are absorbing weapons, meaning you get health!

:) And Marked In The Zone Does Still Need Experiementation. There’s Quite a Few Things Wrong and Right. :/ Session 3 Yesterday did the first ever run of it, and it worked well, but we can work on these modes in future testing and standard sessions. We could Test it and Have The MM boost nothing for the whole game, but this also means that’s the MM Cannot Get the Zone Target. Meaning if the Rule of Depleting is included with this, makes the whole gamemode impossible for the MM to Win. So we might have to scrap that rule for this alternative way of playing This Game Type. :)

noffelhonk
27th September 2017, 09:18 AM
"We could Test it and Have The MM boost nothing for the whole game, but this also means that’s the MM Cannot Get the Zone Target."

I think one possibility could be that the other players need to try and keep their own zone scores low, similar to the regular MM mode, where the other players would also lose if one of them would reach the score target. Believe me, I've managed to keep my zone score pretty low throughout our sessions, just spamming barriers and crashing into barriers :-D

WipeFuSionZ
27th September 2017, 03:56 PM
"We could Test it and Have The MM boost nothing for the whole game, but this also means that’s the MM Cannot Get the Zone Target."

I think one possibility could be that the other players need to try and keep their own zone scores low, similar to the regular MM mode, where the other players would also lose if one of them would reach the score target. Believe me, I've managed to keep my zone score pretty low throughout our sessions, just spamming barriers and crashing into barriers :-D

That’s Matter of Skill Mate :) Keeping the Zone Maintained :) And Obviously, there’s no rule on how you can kill the MM in Marked In The Zone, just shoot barriers and hope they die hehe :) and Yeah! worth the re-test!

Snakenator1
11th December 2017, 02:42 PM
A session of Marked Man is being organised for this Saturday, if you wanna join in then put your name down here :D

EDIT: Schedule for Saturday's Marked Man

19:00 - 21:00 BST

18:45 - 19:00: Lobby join time
19:00 - 20:00: Standard MM
20:05 - 20:20: MM prototype plaza
20:20 - 20:45: MM time reaper
20:45 - 21:00: MM piranha brigade

A voice chat lobby will also be hosted for pilots who wish to speak in real-time (ideal for teamwork ;) )

WipeFuSionZ
16th December 2017, 10:55 AM
Final Marked Man Schedule:
Marked Man: The Return (Christmas Special #1) | 19:00-21:00 BST

Schedule:
19:00-20:00: Standard 1v7 Marked Man [HD/Fury]
20:00-20:20: Marked Man: Time Reaper (Timed Survival)
20:20-20:35: Marked Man: Pirhana Brigade (Experts Only Recommended)
20:35-21:00: Standard 1v7 Marked Man [2048]
21:00-: Rapier Racing/Phantom Racing :)

Christmas Special Limited Edition Rule Changes:

HD
Marked Ship: AG-Systems (The Santa Ship)
Hunters Ship: Triakis (The Angry Elves Ship)

Marked Ship: Auricom Prototype (The Regenerating Fat Ship, Just Like Sir Santa)
Hunters Ship: Green FEISAR Speed (The Angry Elves Chip)

Tracks Only: [Including Reverse]
-Sebenco Climb (The Snow!)
-Ubermall (Christmas Shopping)
-The Amphiseum (The Dark Night Sleep Before Santa)
-Sol 2 (Where Santa “Flys”)
-Metropia (The City Where The Christmas Spirit will fly)
-Downtown (Christmas Shopping)
-Sol (Pirhana Brigade Experts Only Map)
-Unity Square (The Darkness)

Thanks To Snakenator1 For Helping Bring Marked Man Back Online 🙂 Pleasure Dear!