PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 64 prototype

multibodydynamics
25th August 2017, 11:33 AM
A Wipeout 64 prototype dump was shared on a forum yesterday. I have not had time to test it yet. I will report if I find anything interesting. PM me if anyone wants to test it.

JABBERJAW
25th August 2017, 12:19 PM
can you link to a video, and/or give some more information about it. sounds awesome

AdHoc
25th August 2017, 05:16 PM
Interested in a copy of the files as well, cheers!

miljoneir
27th August 2017, 07:35 PM
I'm also really interested! Good find :)

multibodydynamics
27th August 2017, 10:38 PM
I can't get it to run. I'm using Project64. Probably just need changed settings in the emulator.
Anyone willing to try is welcome.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lvf4xong7ggy22/Wipeout%2064%20%28Europe%29%20%28Proto%29.7z?dl=0

multibodydynamics
28th August 2017, 03:36 PM
Here is the answer from the person who shared the file:

Sounds like a graphics plugin issue. Wipeout 64 has an oddball one, so some plugins may not support it or may require an entry added to an .ini file to know which one to use. Easiest thing would be to just try a different plugin.

I haven't used emulators for a while now, so you probably want to ask somebody attached to one of those projects for more specific help.

miljoneir
29th August 2017, 07:32 PM
According to the readme you supplied, the prototype rom is closer to the PAL version of wipeout 64, which isn't supported on project64. So testing it there won't work. Maybe Mupen64 does but that one failed hard to even open the GUI properly on my PC.

Hybrid Divide
8th September 2017, 10:23 PM
I need to see this for myself! I used to have the issue of Nintendo Power that featured WipEout 64, but I'm pretty sure they used a beta version, as I distinctly remember them showing a portion of Terafumos with a split track.

Likely stemming from its origin as a heavily modified version of Silverstream.

Would be cool to play. :D

multibodydynamics
9th September 2017, 08:44 AM
It would be good if more people can experiment with this file and try to get it to run. Feel free to download it from my Dropbox.