PDA

View Full Version : Win a spot on wipEout omega collection's soundtrack

Racingfan
12th July 2017, 07:24 PM
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/07/12/win-a-spot-on-the-wipeout-omega-collection-soundtrack/

remix the shake it music and you can have a chance getting your remix into the game and win a ps4 pro :O

skythian
12th July 2017, 08:26 PM
I wish they would just patch in the old soundtrack... and zone/detonator visuals. I went back and played HD/Fury last week and forgot how freaking awesome those levels looked.

amplificated
13th July 2017, 07:05 AM
Sent in my entry. 3 minutes of silence - and it's a better song in every possible way (and some impossible)! Who'd-a-thunk-it?

This track is literally one of the worst, cringiest "songs" I've ever heard.

SlashStrike
13th July 2017, 12:23 PM
Sent in my entry. 3 minutes of silence - and it's a better song in every possible way (and some impossible)! Who'd-a-thunk-it?

I have to Disagree with you bud. It sounds good to me

Xpand
13th July 2017, 01:35 PM
I'll try giving it a 90's rave vibe lol

SlashStrike
14th July 2017, 11:23 AM

If thats one of the cringiest songs you have ever heard, then listen to eye of the spider. :P

Racingfan
20th July 2017, 02:56 PM
if you submit a track then you have to resubmit it due to a issue with old email address

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/887998238250455040

i like it

but the song i like the least is where its all "bass bass bass bass" for the entire track. i think its the song after shake it

mannjon
21st July 2017, 09:58 PM
I notice this is Playstation Europe. Guess that means Americans need not apply?

*Update*
You know what is only 3.45 bpm off 128? We Have Explosive

Here is a snippet. Still working on it, but I think this could work.
https://soundcloud.com/mannjon/we-have-shake-it

TheConzio
25th July 2017, 05:37 AM
You know what is only 3.45 bpm off 128? We Have Explosive

Huh, good find :P

Racingfan
25th July 2017, 01:53 PM
I notice this is Playstation Europe. Guess that means Americans need not apply?

i looked at the rules and it seems that only some EU countries can enter. Nothing about this competition on US blog at all

mannjon
26th July 2017, 12:32 AM
Dammit! Seriously? I mean I kind of figured, but still.

Well maybe I will finish it anyway and let someone else use it :(

I guess an PAL PS4 Pro wouldn't work here anyway because I don't have a TV capable of 50Hz.

JFthebestJan
26th July 2017, 01:23 AM
Since the days of PS3/XBOX360/WII there's no differences anymore between the NTSC/PAL regions, at least in graphics/sound/gameplay. The only thing to worry about is energy supply, but that can be solved with an adapter...

mannjon
27th July 2017, 01:02 AM
Doesn't PAL have a variable Hz or something? I remember reading that I would need a TV capable of a 50Hz channel. Besides, it doesn't matter. I'm ineligible for this. F you Sony US.

TheConzio
28th July 2017, 10:07 AM
It almost feels like Playstation Europe and USA are completely separate companies.. I wonder why they struggle so much to get the same content/opportunities across all nations

mannjon
28th July 2017, 01:43 PM
It isn't that they struggle to get anything. That's the problem with Sony us: apathy. It's the same for Nintendo us, but they listen to fans if a profit can be made which is how we got Pandoras Tower, Xenoblade, and Last Story.

Sony US doesn't do anything for fans. Nor will they. I assume they would prefer Microsoft do all that and either people go Sony or they don't. Sony doesn't have the same market share here.

Localization is stupid for stuff like this. Why not instead just have Playstation global issue the competition. Wouldn't they get more participants like that anyways? This region garbage has me pissed. It isn't necessary this day in age and I don't know why there is a need for specific sects of playstation aside from target marketing campaigns which can be sent regardless of region.

TheConzio
25th September 2017, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know what happened to this? Haven't heard any news :?

Dawn_Fire_
25th September 2017, 04:01 PM
Yeah, i was wondering that too. It made me hopeful of a free update with some new music, this track and maybe some cold storage or something.

I know a lot of people over on neogaf make custom wipeout music and even made a full album to compliment omega collection so thought it might of got some interest.

Anyone in the know?

WipeFuSionZ
25th September 2017, 05:53 PM
Not Sure if Anyone Knows, But I’m fairly sure the remix contest is over by now surely.. but When does the winning soundtrack get officially added into WipEout Omega? I think we’ve all been expecting an update for a while now 😁😁

Snakenator1
14th November 2017, 04:03 PM
So they announced the winner of the competiton almost 5 months later on the playstation blog:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11/14/announcing-the-winner-of-the-wipeout-omega-collection-music-track-remix-competition/

Just a remix of shake it

Dawn_Fire_
15th February 2018, 04:00 AM
Did this or any other updates show up in-game yet? (i only ask as i currently don't have the game installed) :)

Hellfire_WZ
15th February 2018, 04:15 AM
It will be included in the upcoming VR update

Dawn_Fire_
17th February 2018, 04:11 PM
Cool, thanks! I plan on dropping back in when there's some new stuff :)