just downloaded v1.02. 19mb or 21mb

patch notes say

leaderboard glitches fixed
changed photo mode UI hiding behaviour
fixed HD zone ship health indicator
bug fixes

blackwiggle
15th June 2017, 01:23 PM
Gitched times have been removed, but the names still remain, this makes for example the number 1 time actually appear as the 7th fastest time, with the other 6 times recorded as 0.0

Racingfan
15th June 2017, 01:30 PM
No reset yet

also the "---" on boards used to be 0.00.00 on ps3 but it was changed to that with omega

even i have some of these on SR boards :(

- - - Updated - - -

One thing i noticed so far is

you can now scroll down the pages on 2048 campaign boards, and it show full number of players now

big thanks for this fix CB :d

chalovak
15th June 2017, 03:27 PM
just downloaded v1.02. 19mb or 21mb

fixed HD zone ship health indicator

OMG! Thank you!)))

Racingfan
15th June 2017, 03:29 PM
noticed some times are now removed now

NotEnoughRed
15th June 2017, 03:55 PM
Glitched time removal is a "by hand" process, so you'll see them over time.. They won't all just disappear at once...

It's happening as I type. Please give it a couple of days before pointing out any glitched times!

Cheers

Hybrid Divide
15th June 2017, 04:00 PM
@NotEnoughRed

Thanks for the patch, guys! :D

Racingfan
15th June 2017, 04:10 PM

tug_14
16th June 2017, 12:19 AM
Happy with that ... thanks to CB an u NER ^^

NotEnoughRed , i guess u know the work Connavar (a belgiumwipouter) made with his site " wipeoutranking.xxx"

It's an interresting way to ( or for ??? im so bad in english sorry :) )WOO leaderboard ... it give the psychological engine to "real racers" to flatter their Ego ... This site has given a second life to WOHD

AdHoc
16th June 2017, 12:40 AM
Yep, match making and leaderboards need to be the next thing in WipEout.

People love to make their imprint onto something. Racing for the sake of racing isn’t enough anymore. Like tug_14 said, the player’s ego needs to be flattered.

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 12:58 AM
:lol :lol :lol

anyway i noticed lapsed bombs still a issue :(

and stats page for each ship's team in multiplayer still doesnt count :(

hope these are fixed in next patch (if there be another :P)

KazzyMac
16th June 2017, 01:03 AM
If you're that fast that lapped bombs are an issue, maybe you need to start hoarding a shield? ;)

(( In all seriousness though, if it's becoming problematic, you're gonna have to learn to counter them in some way lol. ))

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 01:25 AM
try playing on ubermall in omega, bombs are impossible to see

also the announcer doesnt warn you about bombs if its from the previous lap

also you can't really "counter" a lapsed bomb during a turn etc.

mannjon
16th June 2017, 01:48 AM
Yeah the announcer tells me what just hit me and doesn't really function as warning indicator.

I noticed something about the time glitches though. The other day, I was racing a racebox race and I think it was Sol 2 (I don't remember the exact time or track). I managed to place first on leaderboard after a mediocre race where I fell off twice on the wings going for barrel rolls on Venom or Flash. So I knew that wasn't a top time. Then I saw the time... sure enough it showed up as 0:31.54 or something like that when the actual time was 1:31.54. The minute got truncated, and left the seconds instead. I don't remember what it was that triggered the glitched time, but I got to looking, and the next few pilots after me were things like 0:38.66, 0.39.35 etc. So for all these times, it seemed like the glitch is that the time posted gets truncated. The first real time could easily be found, but I noticed some other similar "world records" that were close to what the world record should be, but off by a minute.

I don't have the game up right now, but a good example would be the Amphiseum. The normal range for top times for laps span from 0:33 - 0:35 seconds. In an earlier post I noted that the speed laps were not messed up. The only way there would be a problem here is if a pilot were to take longer than a minute for a speedlap. So the top glitched time for a time trial for the Amphiseum (venom) might be 0:33.21. Which would actually not be too far off from the real world record which might read 1:33.21, but be behind all the times that had the minute truncated from them.

Hopefully this makes some sense.

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 02:39 AM
i tried what you said, but no luck of it happening

i also tested this sr exploit that i knew of at the release, then i tested this now after patch v1.02...didnt register this time

mannjon
16th June 2017, 03:52 AM
The patch added a HUGE amount of new times, and the top 100-150 times for SR and TT all seem to be glitched times. This is getting a little out of hand!

Everyone try to be mindful of what could trigger a glitch time so we can report it and possibly get it resolved. Another thing we may want to do is post the last glitched time just before the first legit one. All the veterans here should know what is possible and what is not possible for HD/Fury which might help to clean up the glitch times.

There is NOTHING worse than finally nailing all the tilt rolls for a track, getting all perfect laps, and hitting every speed pad only to check the leaderboard and see you are #258.

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 04:06 AM
they havn't reset the sr boards yet, even i still have some ----- times on the SR boards in hd fury... and i did those 5 days before omega was released

TT? i looked and there isnt any? its just SR

but yeah, sr has been really buggy, even back in the ps3 version

when you did a sub 2 minute on chenghou project phantom SR, you would be rank 6000

also i havnt noticed any new glitched times since the patch has been released... at least for 2048

nu9get
16th June 2017, 12:03 PM
try playing on ubermall in omega, bombs are impossible to see

this^^^, bombs are hard to see in almost any track 4 me, make them more visible please! i remember you notice 'em waaaay better on HD FURY, from the sound too.

mannjon
16th June 2017, 03:30 PM
So potentially stupid question...

Did they update the scores on omega from the old hd fury list? Or were there really just 50000 attempts on various ttacks?

Racingfan
18th June 2017, 11:33 PM
they used completely new leaderboards for omega

another thing with the patch i noticed is turning off player names works in 2048 now :D :D

thanks again cb :P

multibodydynamics
18th June 2017, 11:43 PM
Why did they separate Zone leaderboards between 2048 campaign and 2048 racebox? We have 2 leaderboards per track for the same thing...

mannjon
19th June 2017, 12:32 AM
Why did they separate Zone leaderboards between 2048 campaign and 2048 racebox? We have 2 leaderboards per track for the same thing...

That doesn't make much sense. Agreed.

Similarly, I wonder why they did away with the multiplayer online times on leaderboards. I guess technically speaking, the new pure race mode would cause some major differences, but other than that I don't know why there are no records recorded at all for online play. It would have made more sense for me to register them and just include them in the SR leaderboards.

Racingfan
19th June 2017, 12:37 AM
cb could only add a limited amount of boards and they felt mp was the one to be removed to make space for 2048 etc

yeah, pure racing would be a big difference if mp boards were still in.

but would be crazy setting very good pure racing times on mp boards :P

Yep, should be merged into one

mannjon
19th June 2017, 02:29 AM
cb could only add a limited amount of boards and they felt mp was the one to be removed to make space for 2048 etc

yeah, pure racing would be a big difference if mp boards were still in.

but would be crazy setting very good pure racing times on mp boards :P

Since pure racing is essentially a multiplayer time trial, for an accurate trial comparison (just for funsies), I still somehow hold the world record on wipeoutrankings.com for venom multiplayer race on Talon's Junction reverse at 1.44.33. I chose my own times for comparison, because I remember the specific details of each race (which is important because there are some variations with the multiplayer races). In this instance, I got 4 turbos, had 3 perfect laps, and used 3/4 turbos on the speedcut over the magstrip and the last one on the final straight (for the turbo-roll).

My time trial is rank #30 with a time of 1.45.95. The same racing line was used, but obviously with one less turbo (I also scraped the wall a couple of times, so I'll subtract 0.00.25 to keep things a fair comparison). That turbo roll was worth 0.01.62 - 0.00.25 seconds for the scrapes = 0.01.37 total.

So at first glance, it might seem that pure racing would be slightly slower since you could theoretically get an extra turbo (or two even) in multiplayer race, that you can't get when pure racing.

BUT, and this is HUGE, since you don't lose energy on pure racing modes for rolls, the same logic above is reversed for tracks like Chenghou and Sebenco where there are more rolls than you can land in a typical normal race. Even with an extra turbo, there is no way to ever beat a Time Trial time on those tracks, So it would be very unbalanced.

Chill
23rd June 2017, 06:24 PM
Anyone else find the zone colors of 2048 meaninglessly disorientating? Now that it's on the big screen I'm thinking a patch could improve it, considering the 2048 challenges seem the hardest of the three campaigns..

mannjon
23rd June 2017, 11:07 PM
Anyone else find the zone colors of 2048 meaninglessly disorientating? Now that it's on the big screen I'm thinking a patch could improve it, considering the 2048 challenges seem the hardest of the three campaigns..

OMG YES! I've complained about that before, and you are not alone. Zones B - A are almost impossible to detect where the track is from the wall without knowing the tracks well. To get higher zone scores I really need perfect laps through A+ class, and that is super hard when you can't see the track.

XavierZer0
24th June 2017, 12:12 AM

yeah same thing! the light-blue one personally confuses me a lot. can't understand from the long distance where the corners are and when I do it's too late.

Force Ten
24th June 2017, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 in particular is extremely difficult to navigate for me cause both walls and the track ahead of you are practically pure white. I love 2048's Zone visuals but I REALLY think they need some toning down for the sake of being able to see the track ahead of you better. HD/Fury didn't have this issue. To those who played on Vita, were the colors that bright?

And maybe increase the brightness of speed/weapon pads?

Kurlija
24th June 2017, 02:44 PM
While I do enjoy the game, I feel like there's an overuse of bloom in general, especially when compared to HD/Fury on PS3. Makes it hard to even see the speedpads sometimes, everything's just so bright.

That, coupled with the funky colours, makes zone mode really frustrating for all the wrong reasons this time around.

Sausehuhn
25th June 2017, 09:28 PM
Yes, especially WO2048’s inner city tracks use alot of bloom (basically everything but Altima, and to some extend Sol), but I guess that was already the case with the Vita version. And speaking of speed pads being hard to see: If I recall correctly, the original Vita Version used white lights around certain track surfaces, whereas the PS4 version uses blue lights. Those seem to be the same color as speed pads. Combine that with the bloom effects and on tracks like Empire climb you find yourself going over speed pads you just don’t realize they are there until you hit them. I’ll file that under increased learning curve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯