PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way to unlock HD/Fury ships ?

Kaede
14th June 2017, 06:05 PM
Hi :)

I have already played HD/Fury on PS3 (got all trophies on it, and played it "more" than that :)).
I don't feel like redoing this against on PS4 (I will rather go for some TT and multiplayer only), so would anyone know what is the quickest route to unlocking all ships ? (or at least Icaras, since it was my usual pick).

Thanks !

KazzyMac
14th June 2017, 06:48 PM
Pretty sure you unlock all the 'locked' ships by progressing through the HD campaign. I don't think there's any other way to do it, but I think you only need to do two or three to unlock Icaras.

dontmindlosing
14th June 2017, 07:31 PM
On the HD campaign, get the minimum number of points in each event to progress to the next. When events 2, 3, 4, and 5 are unlocked so are each of the four locked ships. Focus on beating speed laps when possible to speed things up. By the time you unlock event 5, you've unlocked all the ships (just not all the skins for all the ships). IIRC, Icaras is the last ship that is unlocked.

mannjon
14th June 2017, 09:33 PM
The quickest way by far is to breeze through the campaign and take the minimum medal requirement as mentioned above. If you want to unlock every single ship skin, you'll also need to get 8000 loyalty points for each team.

The quickest way to do that is to do zone and eliminator on phantom. If that isn't your thing, you can do speedlaps too in one long session. After racing to unlock the basic ships, playing on elite is the fastest way to unlock all the skins because you get a huge loyalty bonus from it. So the best way by far to unlock all the skins is probably phantom elite racebox eliminator. Choose an easy track like Anulpha pass (which was supposedly a zone track originally, and got changed at the last minute). There is no penalty for getting blown up, and the elite ai for eliminator is as stupid as a bag of hammers. You can also quake, bomb or mine farm for these races if you aren't the best at aiming, and absorb everything else.

Lion
15th June 2017, 08:38 AM
If you want to rack up the speed lap count like mannjon suggests in his second paragraph, you can turn on pilot assist, set up 99 laps on Anulpha Pass Reverse, then you can just tape down the throttle button on your controller and go out for a while. The pilot assist will keep you on the track well enough to do the 99 laps without you even being home. You'll come home to a big lump of loyalty points.
This might need you to choose vector for it to work. I haven't done this since getting the 99 laps trophy in WipeoutHD on PS3, so the specifics are hazy.

Kaede
15th June 2017, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys, I expected it to be much more time-consuming. It was as dontmindlosing said, so I could unlock ships very fast (a few hours, if not less).

I don't care much about the skins (the pilot assist exploit is tempting 'though...) but thanks for the clarification, I couldn't remember how loyalty points worked exactly.

mannjon
15th June 2017, 12:58 PM
For what its worth, if you are racing on phantom elite anything it only takes a few short races. It is a hassle, esoecially since you don't much care about the liveries.