PDA

View Full Version : Favourite HD Track

NotEnoughRed
14th June 2017, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone, just for a bit of fun, could everyone post their favourite HD track?

Edit: Could have sworn i put SOL2 in there... :(

Dylan061997
14th June 2017, 11:01 AM
Vineta K for me but reverse in 1st , fwd in 2nd :g

Hellfire_WZ
14th June 2017, 11:24 AM
Added Sol 2 :)

Racingfan
14th June 2017, 12:47 PM
It used to be ubermall when i started, but now its chenghou project... so fun to race on :D

UB3R~JKP
14th June 2017, 01:12 PM
Sol 2! It's the Feisar's playground. :D

XxSuperRyugaxX
14th June 2017, 01:36 PM
Of course Moa Therma for me..
Also it's a sicilian track, just like me :D

OBH
14th June 2017, 01:46 PM
Chenghou for me. Great, technical track to race on. Can be absolute mayhem.

Surprised to see no ones voted Sebenco yet, i thought people loved that.

No surprise Ubermall has no votes. It's not a bad track to race on, it just very grey and looks bland compared to some of the others.

mannjon
14th June 2017, 01:55 PM
Ubermall also now has a lower tolerance or would seem for out of bounds on the turbo shortcut near the start of the race (the left hand turn you boost off the track for).

Sebenco is great... for venom and flash speedlaps. But that is literally the only way to experience all 14 available barrel rolls per lap (please inquire if you want to know where they are and do not know). I never win Sebenco racing because I go for all 14 during a race and explode.

Phantom and rapier are different.

I like chenghou because the 9ish barrel rolls are possible each lap (I say ish because you never know how many rolls you get off of the left hand extended turn with the raised left bank, I think 3 are possible before the tunnel). That's what got my vote.

PureSpeed7
14th June 2017, 02:16 PM
I got my PS3 waaaay back in 2011 after the PSN outage. I was looking for free games when I saw Wipeout HD. I downloaded it, thinking if I didn't like it I could delete it. I played it with my brother and our favorite track was Metropia. We thought the mag strip drop was cool. (We used pilot assist.) A couple weeks later, I came back to the game and looked it up on Youtube out of curiosity. There i saw a video called Wipeout HD Fury - The Basics. Hellfire scared me out of using pilot assist. That was when I really got into the game. I started getting better and moving through the speed classes. Metropia is still my favorite track to this day, though I'm not really sure why. I just enjoy racing there.

Cipher
14th June 2017, 05:00 PM
This is sooo haaaaaardd!!

I like so many of them, all for different reasons

but tracks with more roll and useful boost roll opportunities are ranked higher i suppose (Sebenco being an exception as it doesn't have enough pads to absorb (it's also rather short and has a lot of annoying physics on phantom))

Vineta (in Omega), Moa Therma, & Sol win in architectural and environmental design though ^^

For the poll, i went with Chenghou (specifically the reverse one), as the shortcut feels really satisfying & the whole track has a nice flow to it :)
(Sol also has a very satisfying shortcut when you fly under that wing, but it's too finicky, and the rest of the track is rather simple)

KazzyMac
14th June 2017, 09:36 PM
I went for Moa Therma.

Kinda hard to pick a 'best' track out of all of them, as I like many for different reasons. I'm a noob, mind, so I don't know some of the more extreme shortcuts :/ but yeah. I think it's because of that long, mag-strip corkscrew loop thing that I remember driving lots and lots and lots on Pulse that's the reason I like this track maybe a liiiiiiiiittle more than the others. lol.

AssegaiGuy24
15th June 2017, 01:36 PM
Sebenco Climb forward used to kill me on ps3, then I've slowly gotten the hang of it somewhat, but still challenges me quite a bit.
My first race on Omega at Sebenco Climb, I won by like 5 seconds. My second time through I was 4th, but still felt way easier than it used to be. :(
I always enjoy a nice balance of tracks when I set up a tournament for myself, and this used to be one of my toughest, so far on Omega, not so tough.

btw, I voted Moa Therma. Love getting rockets when on the long uphill straightaway and trying to pick off 2 ships at a time!

Jonny
15th June 2017, 02:07 PM
Metropia, but only forwards.
Also, I love Kyoto, shame I wasn't able to see the real deal (yet).

gaboa
15th June 2017, 02:34 PM
Metropia somehow is one of my favourites!

Its flows so nicely and apears so fast.

Design wise ill would pick sol2