PDA

View Full Version : Omega wipeout hd

JABBERJAW
13th June 2017, 02:11 PM
I haven't played Omega yet

Regarding Wipeout HD for the Omega Collection, how does it compare with the PS3 version? Is it faster by times? Are the physics the same? Besides the graphics, what are the differences, and do you think it is better or worse?

Racingfan
13th June 2017, 02:40 PM
Its the same to me, i get same times as before. game uses the lastest version of the vita version
the ships feel a bit more sensitive than before but you get used to it

every track looks better to me except ubermall, it looks worse to me

Force Ten
13th June 2017, 03:41 PM
I knew something was fishy about Ubermall! Seems like the time of day on it changed or something? It feels a lot more...drab, probably the only stage I get that feeling from.

Otherwise, HD feels largely the same gameplay wise. But the remastered visuals make it feel brand new again. It's like a totally different experience than playing HD for the first time.

Jonny
13th June 2017, 05:19 PM
Ubermall feels like on a cloudy day, but the rest sure looks great.
A big plus are the two (or one) ship(s) and the inclusion of 2048.
Also soooo much online activity

dontmindlosing
13th June 2017, 06:22 PM
I didn't notice any problems with Ubermall. What I did notice on Ubermall were the tiny fans in the stands pumping their fists in the air and cheering. That was awesome.

tug_14
13th June 2017, 08:00 PM
Times are a bit slower IMO ... and some tricks are easier ... Also, u can cross the wall on tech de Ra's shortcut just after the start

mannjon
13th June 2017, 08:17 PM
Times are a bit slower IMO ... and some tricks are easier ... Also, u can cross the wall on tech de Ra's shortcut just after the start

Wait really? You could in Fury too but it was a hard side shift on venom and flash. Is that the same spot?

The only difference I noticed was more online play. Full lobbies everywhere. They did seem to tweak the ai some but it still isn't much of a challenge.

tug_14
13th June 2017, 08:51 PM
yep Mannjon , same line withh ss as Fury but no respawn if u hit it , coz u can cut throught ...

mannjon
13th June 2017, 09:12 PM
yep Mannjon , same line withh ss as Fury but no respawn if u hit it , coz u can cut throught ...

..."new lap record"

tug_14
13th June 2017, 09:45 PM
:beer :clap

mannjon
13th June 2017, 10:06 PM
I kind of wonder if they left that in as a nod to all the HD pro's. Certainly don't report it as a glitch!

Cipher
13th June 2017, 10:58 PM
It wasn't really a glitch until now. In HD the rock doesn't come that close to the track and you would never clip it, because if you did touch it, it would respawn you, so now the rock moved closer, but the respawn barrier didn't.
I hope they move the rock back, instead of moving the respawn barrier, that little shortcut is so much better for the flow of the track

KazzyMac
14th June 2017, 10:06 AM
Dumb question but .... there's a shortcut on Tech De Ra? O.o

tug_14
14th June 2017, 11:13 AM
Yep Kazzy on TdR F , a little jump to avoid the corner at begin of track . Avalaible with ss...

Hellfire_WZ
14th June 2017, 11:29 AM
If you have a look at my Tech De Ra tutorial video from the PS3 version it shows how to do it :)

mannjon
15th June 2017, 04:13 AM
Dumb question but .... there's a shortcut on Tech De Ra? O.o

There is another "shorter cut" I don't see a lot of people use. On the bridge without "handrails", there are two boost pads beside each other after the uphill righthand turn. With a turbo you can boost and roll over the whole section.

JABBERJAW
15th June 2017, 04:20 AM
I just got it today, and got a negcon working as well. HD seems a touch slower by times, but it has been a long time since I have played, and that might be the issue. Thought it played great though.

2048 is quite a treat with the negcon, and even without it, it plays incredibly well. It's easy to beat my times on the vita, it's so much smoother

I need to fix the cronusmax a bit though. I was only using partial support for the PS4, so every 10 minutes it turns off a second wrecking whatever race I'm on.

Lots of mess ups on the records tables, hopefully those can be worked out

nu9get
15th June 2017, 03:31 PM
It wasn't really a glitch until now. In HD the rock doesn't come that close to the track and you would never clip it, because if you did touch it, it would respawn you, so now the rock moved closer, but the respawn barrier didn't.
I hope they move the rock back, instead of moving the respawn barrier, that little shortcut is so much better for the flow of the track

with that rock, you can also clip the archs on metropia rev when trying a triple or double (if you remember, you would have bounced and get stopped by those if you hitted them), and also the last archs where you can do a turbo BR, you can clip them, unlike hd....this is 2 easy imho...they should fix this kind of stuff or anyone can learn easily how to do that tricks ._.

and also more stuff you can clip thru, not going to list all of them here now but i'm sure there are more

mannjon
15th June 2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah JF has found them all it would seem.

They screwed up some of the open air spots. I have a much harder time on uber mall for example.