PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Omega Collection Press Kit!

multibodydynamics
12th June 2017, 10:08 PM
I'm very excited now!
I just found this on eBay and bought it immediately!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUTEn_kIIQY
Hopefully I can also find the vinyl version but there is only 163 of those. If I find more info when I have it in my hands I will let you all know. Take care everybody and see you on the track. :p

marcingru
12th June 2017, 11:27 PM
Man that vinyl is so interesting ,i will look for one for sure!

Hybrid Divide
12th June 2017, 11:38 PM
Glad someone on here got one! Wish it was me! :D

Cheapether
13th June 2017, 12:10 AM
I made an offer on the very one you were likely looking at. :lol Congrats on the find!

Racingfan
13th June 2017, 12:18 AM
is the media allowed to sell these things this early?

Cheapether
13th June 2017, 01:01 AM
I honestly don't know what the agreement is/was between the folks that got their hands on a press kit and the devs. I figured that after release day the promo swag would turn into a wild west situation, like it always does with new releases. Same with E3 stuff, too -some lucky schmuck gets their hands on a big, juicy,free carrot, and starts dangling it.

The particular kit to which I was referring in my prior post was coming out of Slovakia; don't know what difference that makes, but just thought I'd mention it. Regardless of where it comes from, I stand by the notion that if your job provides you with material, for free, which you can turn around and sale for a premium, then you should consider yourself overpaid. If a Microsoft employee were selling free copies of Windows at $100.00 a pop, then you would expect there to be a little friction coming from any management that found out about it. Selling press kits for hundreds of dollars is no less disgraceful to the workplace, in my opinion.

Kurlija
13th June 2017, 02:10 AM
Lucky bastard :D That looks stunning!

missmolotov
13th June 2017, 01:12 PM
Press kits, because someone needs to remind you that you are just a gamer/listener/consumer :D

It's beautiful, you're very lucky multibodydynamics.

Looks like there's a second version with a 12" vinyl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0T2raaJuI

Cheapether
13th June 2017, 05:33 PM
Bitter as I sound, I am happy for you. As I said, congrats on the find - it's a beautiful piece of Wipeout history. I'm just pissed that you, or any fan for that matter, HAD to pay that kind of price for something that some lucky prick got his hands on, only to immediately take to the task of deciding what degree of pure profit they would like to siphon out of the actual community.

multibodydynamics
13th June 2017, 08:21 PM
I agree with you. It is sad that they chose to do it this way. These press kits are so well made that they should have done several thousands of them and sold them to us ordinary people. Worst of all was the idea to put serial numbers on them and clearly reveal to the receiver how rare these items are! That just tempts not-hardcore-fans of the series to choose the money instead of keeping the press kit as they should. I predict more of these press kits will come out on the market and prices will surely be high, especially for the vinyl version. All I can say is that my press kit will find its home in a collection that is surely one of the most comprehensive Wipeout collections in the world. I will take good care of it.

Cipher
13th June 2017, 10:34 PM
Don't want to ruin your day Orbital, but you paid quite a lot for that one can get them way cheaper (http://www.ebay.it/itm/Wipeout-Omega-Collection-PS4-Press-Kit-Box-/252970777558)
Gratz on adding it to your collection though ;-)

Hellfire_WZ
3rd August 2017, 11:16 AM
The dudes at Clever Beans were kind enough to send me this lovely thing this morning! :D That'll be taking pride of place in my new display cabinet

10891 10892

BlackReign
3rd August 2017, 12:24 PM
Awesome!

Rapier Racer
3rd August 2017, 04:39 PM
I want that! Someone take my money!

Racingfan
3rd August 2017, 05:00 PM
That looks so awesome! like rapier said, i want one :D

Cipher
11th August 2017, 10:56 AM
For those who want one of those hexagonal gems, there's a pretty cheap one for sale right here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wipeout-Omega-Collection-Press-Kit-Eines-von-NUR-1303-Stück/322647203805?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649)
Do note that it'll most likely be in german (the press kits have been localised), also note if you are outside the EU, you'll probably have to pay import taxes

Edit: Gone right after i posted this, hope 1 of you got it :)

lovedr
11th August 2017, 10:36 PM
Evening all...so I bought 4 copies (plus a download) of Omega upon release as these were all the versions I was aware of...had a free evening last night so had a browse here as not really been on since launch and saw this thread. I just picked up that copy from ebay (before seeing the last update, was tempted to put an offer in on the other one for sale before seeing this one earlier tonight at a fair price). I didn't look actually (or think) whether it'll be in German, will see lol. Had a little google too, and I see there's 3 press kits in total. The CD, Vinyl and Tigron versions.
Sony, why oh why weren't (aren't?) these for sale. Am sure there's plenty here who'd also love to own these too and would pay handsomely for the privilege and ideally not through ebay, but needs must. I fear finding a vinyl and Tigron for sale may be near impossible.

vincoof
12th August 2017, 07:24 AM
The dudes at Clever Beans were kind enough to send me this lovely thing this morning! :D That'll be taking pride of place in my new display cabinet
#2 really? You promise you didn’t photoshop that?

And why 1303 copies?

Dawn_Fire_
15th August 2017, 09:21 AM
I managed to get one of these! :D

Mine is one of the German copies, i can confirm that the booklet is indeed in German as the kits are localised :) It is a beautiful little package and looks great for display. I fully recommend getting one of these if you enjoy collecting for the series.

Here's a picture of all the versions i currently own (which also gives you an idea of the press kits size) including: base game, classic sleeve, steel book, retail display (incl. release date printed on cover, which i like!) and the press kit!

As a collector i think i will look after it and give it a good home :D

Racingfan
16th August 2017, 02:50 AM
Got this :D :D :D :D

love the t shirt :D

press kit is also very cool :D

thanks NotEnoughRed/Clever beans!

Racingfan
16th August 2017, 09:38 PM
wow i thought there was 2 press kit badges, one with art (like mine in the picture) and one with numbering.

got number 5 out of 1304 :D

noticed theres a voucher code for omega, it works but didnt accept it

the manual is super cool too, shake it disc is too :D

man i wanna get the HD PS3 press kit, vinyl and tigron ones now, press kits are super cool!

BlackReign
17th August 2017, 01:22 PM
Congrats man.

Cheapether
19th August 2017, 03:36 AM
Mine is #994, with the text being entirely in English, yet purchased from a seller in France. They're actually more impressive in person, and I can't help but feel a little satisfied that the translucent, hexagonal case has a bit of heft to it - makes it feel a bit more substantive, I guess.

multibodydynamics
24th September 2017, 09:07 PM
Got the vinyl version as well now:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10924&d=1506284949

multibodydynamics
25th November 2017, 08:33 PM
Someone is apparently selling the vinyl press kit on eBay. Auction ends in 3 days.
Edit:
Sold for £280.

stin
3rd June 2018, 11:25 AM
Got the press kit the number is 814 out of 1303, not cheap but worth it in the end.

Stevie 🙂