PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for an Omega Collection expansion

dontmindlosing
8th June 2017, 03:06 PM
Because why not?

If ever there were to be an expansion to Omega Collection, I'd love to see the following tracks from Pulse added:

De Konstruct
Platinum Rush
Fort Gale
Basilico

What would you want to see in an Omega Collection expansion?

Silverstream
8th June 2017, 05:09 PM
I'd love to see Fort Gale included as that was my favourite Pulse track and a big miss from HD & Fury. Three other picks would be Sinucit and Staten Park from Pure, and Outpost 7 from Pulse.

This probably won't be a popular idea but what about bringing back G-Tech as a team? Or would that cause problems given the Good Technology similarities?

deaddoctor2010
8th June 2017, 06:45 PM
I would love to see all the tracks left out from Pure & Pulse including the DLC stuff. Also a ship editor.
Then perhaps a funtion that alows 2048 ships with HDfury ship races.
Plus a few new/old weapons

Some Game themed tracks & ships too. For example Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted...

The thing i most defintally wanna see is a mode featuring the future race cars found in the 2048 intro... even better a mode with all the race types (old car, F1 car, future cars) you see in 2048's intro. It would help people make more sence of the intro IMO.

Menu themes.
Option to stop certain music from playing like in pure/pulse.

A "old school mode" which features a play style back from Wip3out including the old way of start boosting, no barrel roles and PSone graphics tracks (or hd remasterd)...

Challenges - I know we have the 2048 stuff, but challenges for each team... forexampe 10 challenges each (and a trophy) and these would include doing the following:
- 1 lap wins
- Excute (number) of barrel roles
- hit (number) of speed pads
- destroy a ship or (number)
- Win race
- Beat target time (similar to Beat Zico)
- get a Perfect lap or (number) of perfect laps.
- One on One
- 1% shield challenge - involves winning a race where you have 1 hp left on your ship, no weapons to aborbe, AI may or may not have weapons.
- Zone challenge.

leungbok
9th June 2017, 12:14 PM
On the right side of 2050 campaign there's an inactive arrow. Make it active with a 2051 campaign (to fill the gap with 2048 and wipeout the first ;) ) and 2 brand new tracks and challenges :beer

Justice & Curtains
9th June 2017, 01:05 PM
If we're talking DLCs, I'd vote for De Konstruct, Citta Nuova, Arc Prime, and Sebenco Peak for returning tracks, although I think they'd need to be in the style of WipEout HD rather than HD/Fury. Also, a music pack DLC would be great (think WipEout PurE)

I would 100% sink money into Omega Collection DLC, and I think it would boost sales from people who didn't buy because there wasn't anything "new" in the remaster. ;)

Racingfan
9th June 2017, 01:47 PM
Gemini dam to omega please :D

infoxicated
9th June 2017, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see a proper HD remake of Manor Top, plus Basilico and the option to turn barrel rolls off.

The barrel rolls thing could even be a patch. :D

blackwiggle
9th June 2017, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnpbzmjcxQM

stin
9th June 2017, 02:15 PM
l would love to see Gare d Europa but it's only a dream

stevie :)

mkozjak
10th June 2017, 07:36 AM
Oh, barrel rolls OFF option would be great!

Also, OP, Platinum Rush, Fort Gale and Basilico - yeah!
Outpost 7 would also be amazing. Probably the best track from Pulse ever!

Cheers! :)

hmetal2001
10th June 2017, 11:07 AM
If more tracks from Pure are added, then it's
1. Sinucit
2. Citta Nuova
3. Blue Ridge
4. Staten Park

But if it's Pulse, then it's
1. de Konstruckt
2. Basilico
3. Fort Gale
4. Orcus/Gemini Dam

Jonny
10th June 2017, 02:15 PM
First of all more game options, like continuing the current song in the next race, also more Racebox options, like in multiplayer (and as foxi said). I don't get why you can set the number of laps online, but not offline anyway...
Also, maybe adding Pulse and Pure with the tracks and craft (though these are quite similar) including their campaigns.

Otherwise the whole idea of the game delivers a good base to add the content of previous games remade in superamazing grafics. (Just pay attention to the existing lore please)

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th June 2017, 11:04 PM
Gemini dam to omega please :D
Damn... I might even buy a PS4, Omega Collection, and subscribe to Sony's scammy PS+ crap if they put Gemini Dam in the game. :D

BurnoutSonic
11th June 2017, 12:47 PM
The Van-Über ship for those who didn't pre-order. I'd like to try it out.

Beuzer0
12th June 2017, 09:08 AM
The kind of DLCs i'd like in this game:

- I definitely would love to have more Pulse tracks in the game, especially Platinium Rush and Basilico (the 2097 feel in this one is so good)

- For potential brand new tracks, something related to Gare d'Europa in 2048 would be DOPE, like an early version of the track, and in a rainy night of course.

- I guess we can expect to have Van Uber for DLC later, that would make sense.

- New wEoHD ships paintjobs, because why not.

- Cold Storage tracks (if possible license-wise) or any other additionnal music tracks.

- Let's go crazy and imagine: wEo2097 gets a HD remix and can be bought both as a standalone or as a DLC for Omega, making it part of the Collection, with its own campaign mode (Piranha challenge boyz!) and playable online.

deaddoctor2010
12th June 2017, 01:37 PM
I know i've already said what i would like, but I'm gonna throw in "Some New tracks would be nice too."

Blaey
12th June 2017, 01:58 PM
WipEout 2097 tracks remastered as DLC would be great.

mannjon
12th June 2017, 06:33 PM
The Van-Über ship for those who didn't pre-order. I'd like to try it out.

This is likely to actually happen I predict. It serves a good niche role for Feisar and AG Systems fans in terms of handling.

FutureKubik
12th June 2017, 08:44 PM
- Option to switch Zone track skin on/off (i.e. Option to play Zone mode with tracks in regular skin)
- Continuous audio option (no stopping/starting when restarting race either)
- Stream own audio/MP3s from the PS4 (they REMOVED it from the PS4 version, why?!?!)
- play HD/Fury tracks with 2048 game mode(s) and ships
- play 2048 tracks in reverse (where physically possible)
- play 2048 tracks with HD/Fury game mode(s) and ships
- Track editor (even if it's graphically rudimentary and locks to a low poly cel shaded zone-esque look) with pretty randomised kaleidoscope shapes at the sides of the track/in the background)
- more options to choose number of laps in single player race box
- custom livery editor
- in-cockpit views
- day/night renders of each track
- Every HUD from every previous iteration available for both game modes
- More rewards for winning/mastering races in campaign, like concept art or a paragraph of lore?

dmcclusky1234
13th June 2017, 05:31 AM
-A couple of Fusion tracks remastered (Cubiss Float, Temtesh Bay!)

-Ship Skin Editor

-Alternative Announcers for your team ship

-The option from Pure Online where if you destroy a ship, they would be eliminated from the race.

OBH
13th June 2017, 01:27 PM
Am I the only one who's happy with it as it is?

I want Wipeout to create something new, not to just recycle old content (Vineta K for example has been in every installment bar one for the last 12 years I believe?).

Seeing as the sales have shown there's still an interest for the series, I'd be far happier to hear that they've had the backing to work on an entirely new game instead of additional content for, what is already, a game jam packed with content to enjoy.

InnocentX
13th June 2017, 02:44 PM
Courses - all of W3SE :P but for pure Nostalgia all Cold Storage tunes or at least a custom playlist option.

Jonny
13th June 2017, 02:51 PM
Most important is for me is just that they don't violate the existing lore

dontmindlosing
13th June 2017, 06:24 PM
Am I the only one who's happy with it as it is?

I am happy with it as it is.

And I want more. :lol

MrTFE
13th June 2017, 07:13 PM
I didn't preorder it and I got the van Uber ship. I bought it from the PlayStation store on June 11.

Cheapether
13th June 2017, 07:22 PM
Cold Storage should be included, on principle.

For 2048 I'd like to see remastered F3600 era tracks. The lore of the series could be maintained by presenting the tracks in such a way that they are not officially completed/cleared for season use - in testing phase, essentially. I mean, in the universe of Wipeout, it's impossible to believe that at least Silverstream or Korodera are not already under construction somewhere during the 2048 -2050 seasons; one's being built out of artificial crystal in $%*&ing Greenland, and the other is being built in the middle of an industrial sector in Moscow.

As for HD/Fury, I'd be happy to see the content from Pure and Pulse that didn't make the cut. Fury versions of the Van-Uber and Tigron would also be greatly appreciated, though they wouldn't exactly need much stat tweaking to be viable on the fury grid - I'm looking at you, Van-Uber.

tug_14
13th June 2017, 07:54 PM
as OBH , please no need expansion :brickwall ... Only new wipeout :clap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing else " et pis cé tout " :pirate

DarkRacer95
19th June 2017, 04:35 PM
I would like to see the rest of the tracks with their weather effects from these categories:

Pure Alpha League
Pure Beta League
Pure Gamma League
Pure Delta League
The rest of Pulse's tracks (including DLC and original Metropia layout)

I also want the Disruption Bolt from Pure, and the Repulsor and Shuriken from Pulse.
Plus, Head to Head mode from Pulse.

And yes, Omega Collection is good as it is. But, it would be better with more content, new or old. IMO, it would make more sense for Pure and Pulse content to make it. When WOHD came out on PS3, no one complained about old content.

KazzyMac
20th June 2017, 03:18 AM
I think DarkRacer sums it up pretty nicely.

Outside of a completely brand-new installment, adding some extras as DLC would be the next-best thing. There's nothing *wrong* with Omega, so why fix what isn't actually broken? (outside of maybe trying to reduce BR spam but I'm bound to get pitchforks for that one lol).

I'd argue that the majority, if not all, of the Pure/Pulse tracks should be brought back. I mean, the mechanics between Pure/Pulse and HD/Fury aren't much different, so the tracks themselves hopefully wouldn't need too much tweaking besides making them more presentable/fixing any exaggerated shortcuts/exploits and whatnot. There are some good tracks that I miss and would love to see in crispy 1080p.

Besides that, why not bring back, or pay homage to, some of the fan-favourite original tracks? One or two tracks from Wipeout, 2097, 3SE and even Fusion (Hey, those tracks can easily abuse mag-strip technology to make sense!) would be great.

Weapons might be pushing it, though I'll admit I do miss the shuriken. :P

pichuscute
20th June 2017, 05:43 AM
I'm more than cool with how it is now, but if they can make more money off me, I'm totally prepared to let them. I'd want to see pretty much any course return from Pure or Pulse that we haven't seen yet. Many of the base Wipeout 3 courses could also be really cool.

Beyond that, any DLC I'd want would be racing focused (not a fan of Fury more than any other Wipeout in the series) and have some campaign portion to it, however minor.

Concealed Sequence
20th June 2017, 08:04 AM
Agree about seeing more of Pure and Pulse. Would love it if they did Fury versions of Tigron and Van uber!!!!

blackwiggle
21st June 2017, 02:29 PM
The problem is, and always has been, that tracks designed for one craft handling type aren't usually compatible with craft from another wipeout game.

That's the way the differences were explained about the tracks and the craft handling on HD from the originals by Colin Berry [at the time SL Head Designer ], and was explained again when I asked about what the process was on designing the various tracks and craft for a AG racer, it's a iterative process, when a change in one requires a change in the other, this keeps occurring till they work together.

It has pretty much been confirmed by the Clever Beans guys that this is still the case.

So the process of updating the old tracks to fit current craft types [2048 for example] would be pretty close to taking up just as much time as deigning a new track from scratch.

Logically it would be better, sales wise, if New tracks were to happen, as you can still race on the old ones.....and personally if I were the person making the game, I'd rather have the chance to put my own ideas about track design out there, and I imagine everybody else would feel the same if given the chance.

PureSpeed7
21st June 2017, 03:10 PM
Reverse the tracks from 2048. Yes, some of them won't work, but they could simply add some mag strips and it would be ok. Go in to speed lap and try taking a track backwards and you'll see the potential. Also CUSTOM MUSIC.

Racingfan
21st June 2017, 03:56 PM
Yep, some of the reverse tracks in 2048 are better than forward

try downtown... its amazing like omggg

i should do a series video of all tracks in reverse, except sol

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZF4MqU7gj0

blackwiggle
21st June 2017, 04:03 PM
Do it in reverse VIEW and I'll watch it.:lol Like a kid looking out the back of the station wagons rear window at the cars behind.

There was a thread in the HD/FURY section that some people felt they had become so good at the game, that they could race it from memory in reverse VIEW, it had videos as well....go on do it, I know you would love to prove you could, and everybody would get a laugh out of it.......it would also prove the point that we know the tracks so well that we NEED NEW ONES!!!!

Racingfan
21st June 2017, 04:07 PM
haha no :lol

i did one with front view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kQwwa5JVM

im really bad at that view :lol

blackwiggle
21st June 2017, 04:24 PM
The trick is to re map your controls and turn your controller upside down, so you are basically doing the track blindfolded, but don't have to suffer the mirror image of the controls.;)

- - - Updated - - -

haha no :lol

i did one with front view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kQwwa5JVM

im really bad at that view :lol

Actually that's probably the problem with sales of the Omega Pack in the USA, they do a barrel roll, get confused, and start driving in the wrong direction, subsequently their times don't get recorded, and in fact the Omega pack has sold 20 million copies in the USA, but nobody knows.....hell, somebody should write a tutorial for Americans ;):cowboy ....sorry just joking folks, it would be funnier if US sales of the Omega pack were better.

Hybrid Divide
21st June 2017, 04:45 PM
The Omega collection doesn't sell well here in the USA, because nobody knows it exists! Sony Europe did a great marketing job for this game. But we got nothing here. Hell, our physical versions didn't even get the cool reflective bits in the box art!

I just hope it did well enough to get greenlit for a new one! :D

mannjon
21st June 2017, 04:46 PM
Cute blackwiggle, very funny. I'll eat my words if you can manage to beat any of my single lap times though. Do you want me to help you find where all the American barrel roll spots are? They are tougher because we spin the opposite way up here.

Jokes aside though 20 million isn't bad for the US sadly. I was trying to find that info yesterday. Is there a site where I can find that info? I'd be curious to know.

blackwiggle
21st June 2017, 04:53 PM
It's around 100k sales Worldwide unfortunately.:eek:--:(

You can check ONLINE players yourself, each person that plays online has a individual and unique identifying code, it's show when you go to the leader boards, online levels, look to the top right, and that will give the total number of people that have played the Omega pack online....it will say number of records recorded, or something similar.

It's about 1 in 5 people that had bought the game, have, or are playing online.

AdHoc
21st June 2017, 05:01 PM
How do you calculate your 100.000 number?

We have already discussed this and there’s plenty of parameters not taken into account (people who don’t go online or don’t even play the game, people who buy several copies, discrepancies, etc.).

blackwiggle
21st June 2017, 05:23 PM
The parameters we have already discussed, depending on points of view, are 10%-15% better than the 100k sales world wide.
You can't fudge the online usage/ take up.......the percentage will usually remain the same of total sales........use the online usage and multiply it by 5 at best, that will give you a pretty good perspective of what actual sales are at.

I mean I'd love nothing better for this game to sell in the millions, but Sony USA have done nothing to help that, it has flopped miserably in the USA, 'Infanticide' I think it would be called, if Sony marketing USA were taken to court for the death of a relatives baby due to neglect.

Concealed Sequence
21st June 2017, 05:58 PM
I've been playing Pulse on the psp today. Forgot how good this game is. Would love it if they added all the remaining courses to omega!!!

Linkinito
21st June 2017, 07:12 PM
Trophy stats can be used to give a rough estimate of sales. As an example, 1.0% have completed the Aftermath Fury campaign. So between 0.95% and 1.05% of players have that trophy.

There's 961 recorded entries in the HD / Single Race / Modesto Heights Reverse / Phantom Class, which is featured in Aftermath, and there's a low chance of having it played in Racebox "randomly". We can take a 1% tolerance on people who did this race randomly on Racebox, or people who have gone that far but didn't get a medal, bringing down the effective number of players who got the Aftermath trophy to 950.

950/0.0095 = 100,000
950/0.0105 = 90,500

So yeah, the Omega Collection roughly has between 90 and 100k recorded players. As a reminder:
- This doesn't count people who don't play online with their console (but they represent a minority in the PS4 userbase)
- There can be multiple accounts for one purchase.

Racingfan
21st June 2017, 07:39 PM
the 2048 finish campaign trophy is at 36.2% and the last time i checked, there was 39000 people on it

AdHoc
22nd June 2017, 01:23 AM
Everyone has their own little guessing method, but I think they all are very restrictive and not empirical enough, and the numbers could be higher than you think.

But there’s no way to find out unless they publish the numbers, which they won’t. It’s all highly speculative, whether you decide to be pessimistic like you, or optimistic like me.

Regardless, even if it sold well, there’s only two outcomes: either they will, or they won’t, make a new game, and sales alone aren’t the decisive factor.

Concealed Sequence
22nd June 2017, 05:05 AM
^ Nicely put!

Deaths_trooper
22nd June 2017, 06:06 AM
I thought the developer quit years ago? How can they make a new game/new content?

AdHoc
22nd June 2017, 07:21 AM
No one quit, Studio Liverpool was closed by Sony.

Clever Beans grinded their teeth on WOOC, now they could work on a new game, potentially hiring some people from the old days in the process.

Concealed Sequence
22nd June 2017, 02:43 PM
That would be soooo good if they did!

Deaths_trooper
22nd June 2017, 07:49 PM
Aren't some of the devs now in R8games?
https://www.formulafusiongame.com

I would love extra content, hope it works out

scalliano
22nd June 2017, 09:27 PM
I'll join in on the call for the remainder of Pulse's tracks to be ported over.

Another idea could be a "classic" expansion, adding in tracks from the earlier games. Tracks I'd love to see given the HD treatment:
Arridos IV
Korodera
Firestar
Talons Reach
Gare D'Europa
Mega Mall
Stanza Inter
Hi-Fumi
Manor Top
Velocitar (if they can get away with it)
Florian Heights
Vohl Square

Hellfire_WZ
23rd June 2017, 10:04 AM
Aren't some of the devs now in R8games?
https://www.formulafusiongame.com

Only two, both from Studio Leeds that worked on Wipeout 3. None from Studio Liverpool.

mannjon
24th June 2017, 01:07 AM
I'll join in on the call for the remainder of Pulse's tracks to be ported over.

Another idea could be a "classic" expansion, adding in tracks from the earlier games. Tracks I'd love to see given the HD treatment:
Arridos IV
Korodera
Firestar
Talons Reach
Gare D'Europa
Mega Mall
Stanza Inter
Hi-Fumi
Manor Top
Velocitar (if they can get away with it)
Florian Heights
Vohl Square

Oh man, manor top please!!!! Where would you not roll? Those switchbacks in the mid to late section of the track? I wish. I always loved mega mall too. Nothing on Uber Mall, but mega mall felt like a mall. Gare D'Europa would be awesome for rolls too: that straight after the uphill, could probably chain 3-4 if you hit the speed pads right.

Dawn_Fire_
26th June 2017, 01:53 PM
I feel like Omega Collection is a solid release and i am one happy wipeout fan who thought he'd never see another release....

...but if we're dreaming...

A Classic pack is something i would LOVE. Just slide it in next to Fury in the campaign select or something, maybe 6 tracks, 2 from each of the original PS1 games. Kind of like WipEout 3: Special Edition had it's classic league option.

But really i would actually prefer if they released a standalone just called WipEout Classic Edition or something and use HD as the base model, but give us content from the original games, like the ship skins and a ton of tracks. Some that have never been remade too. I would love to see Valparaiso from 2097 modelled with the PS4 in mind, the trees, the waterfall. All the art styles kept in tact, just very good looking! Also, some of those original long tracks would be great for Zone mode i'm sure.

BlackReign
26th June 2017, 03:57 PM
FutureKubik and I share some of the same wants. Sorry for the direct copy & paste but his words are quite literally the things I would like to see added. Along with a couple of QOL improvements.

- Any Tracks from WO games before WO HD.
- Play HD/Fury tracks with 2048 game mode(s) and ships
- Play 2048 tracks in reverse (where physically possible)
- Play 2048 tracks with HD/Fury game mode(s) and ships
- Every HUD from every previous iteration available for both game modes
- Continuous audio option (no stopping/starting when restarting race either) I really hate that it does this currently.
- Stream own audio/MP3s from the PS4 (they REMOVED it from the PS4 version, why?!?!)
- More options to choose number of laps in single player race box
- Custom livery editor
- Global Lobby lists for online. The region separation is a bit of a pain especially for newer players. The lobby host's region can be indicated on a modified version of the main screen where players choose a lobby.
- Mark whoever the lobby host is with a recognizable icon or color next to their name. Or add the host's name to the very top of that lobby's menu.

Racingfan
26th June 2017, 04:30 PM
2048 ships on hd fury tracks wont work, different handling etc etc etc
2048 tracks in reverse i would love to see, its better than the forward courses (see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZF4MqU7gj0 will do rest except sol soon)
yup, i would love to see the other HUD's on 2048 too
custom music was removed due to sony's new policy however you can use usb stick for mp3 background music on ps4 with media player app from PS store

global lobby list i agree 100% with, and it should be default the first time you play online. i see people on forum posts saying "theres nobody playing and nobody joins me" etc its because they are in a different region than EU and when creating a game, it defaults you to the region you are in

when US version was released digitally i kept refreshing the lobby list for 10 minutes after release, there was 0 lobbies... my friend kept saying he created a lobby and i was so confused but then i noticed theres different region lobby lists now

back on the PS3 version it only had a global lobby list but it showed the region you were from in the lobby list

i would like to see a option to show full lobbies too if theres a phantom lobby that is full, i would wait till theres space available

GBalao888
26th June 2017, 07:37 PM
I'd say every track from WipEout Pure and WipEout Pulse that isn't in the Omega Collection, such as the following tracks should either be part of a paid "Pure and Pulse Expansion" with new campaign events or as part of a game update.

"The Time Machine Update"

"Pure Expansion" tracks:
Blue Ridge
Sinucit
Citta Nuova
Koltiwa
Iridia
Khara Descent
Staten Park
Exostra Run
Sebenco Peak
Cardcity Run
Burgertown
Paris Hair
123Klan

(all including reverse variants, so 13 environments and 26 layouts, plus complete with Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator compatibility)

Completing the Pure Campaign will allow all HD/Fury ships to be raced in all 2048 tracks, with the added bonus of HD/Fury Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator available for them.

"Pulse Expansion" tracks:
Arc Prime
De Konstruct
Fort Gale
Basilico
Platinum Rush
Vertica
Outpost 7
Edgewinter
Vostok Reef
Gemini Dam
Orcus

Completing the Pulse Campaign will allow all 2048 ships to be raced in all HD/Fury tracks, including all the new ones introduced in the update.

(all including reverse variants, so a total of 11 environments and 22 layouts, plus complete with Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator compatibility)

Total: 24 environments and 48 layouts + 12 environments and 24 layouts = 36 environments and 72 layouts, 46 environments and 92 layouts, including all 2048 tracks

The DLC expansion/update will also come with reverse variants of all 2048 tracks.

Furthermore, a game update should come with Tigron's Fury ships (original Fury, Zone Battle and Chrome Fury), with the capability for Tigron to be used in Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator events.

For Van-Uber, there should be a free DLC pack with the team (for those who didn't get the chance to pre-order the game digitally), bundled with a new Van-Uber Fury ship (original Fury, Zone Battle and Chrome Fury), and accessibility for Van-Uber to be in Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator modes.

Possible stats for the Tigron Fury:
Speed: 100
Thrust: 80
Handling: 80
Shield: 80
Total Base Stat: 340/400

Possible stats for the Van-Uber Fury:
Speed: 90
Thrust: 90
Handling: 100
Shield: 70
Total Base Stat: 350/400

AdHoc
27th June 2017, 03:52 AM
An idea for WipEout, most probably for a new game:

So, do you know Trackmania Nations? Surely you do. Well, every track in the game has a Bronze, Silver and Gold medal, but also a Nadeo medal, from the name of the developer of the game.

The Nadeo Medal is the best time recorded by a developer from Nadeo. It’s essentially the same as Zico.

And we have so much fun trying to beat Zico. Imagine if there was one on every track!

So what I propose is a "Clever Bean Medal" for each track, and the unlockables/trophies that go with ’em!

Racingfan
27th June 2017, 12:48 PM
yup i would love to see that

i played trackmania turbo, and each campaign track has a very good time set by developers (200 tracks)

although i havnt played turbo that much, but i did beat 70 of 200 of them

mannjon
29th June 2017, 03:43 AM
Possible stats for the Tigron Fury:
Speed: 100
Thrust: 80
Handling: 80
Shield: 80
Total Base Stat: 340/400

Possible stats for the Van-Uber Fury:
Speed: 90
Thrust: 95
Handling: 100
Shield: 70
Total Base Stat: 355/400

That's way too generous on the stats... The Tigron would nerf EVERY ship.

Fury Icaras is the closest competition:
Speed: 100 =
Thrust: 75 <
Handling: 75 <
Shield: 60 <<

Your Van-Uber would pretty much nerf everything too, with the closest comparison being Harimau:
Speed: 90 =
Thrust: 75 <
Handling: 90 <
Shield: 70 =

Those ships would completely unbalance the game. Van Uber was historically very flimsy. Tigron was historically bad at handling. Presently, Tigron is a good niche role between Icaras and Piranha for the 100 speed stat ships, and Van Uber is kind of a mix in between Feisar/AG Systems and Harimau.

Racingfan
29th June 2017, 11:57 AM
i agree, van uber is too powerful

tigron is much better handling than piranha for sure, although icaras is better imo

Mooney
29th June 2017, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE

tigron is much better handling than piranha for sure, although icaras is better imo[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly how we designed it to be.

mannjon
29th June 2017, 01:17 PM
I tell you what we need: a reward for beating each campaign's ecl gold medal challenge. Like a special ship skin. Gold maybe? Or to be less tacky maybe a solid white ship once you beat platinum?

It would also be fun to have a ship you earn with perfect stats for race box only as a platinum reward. Really the platinum reward is the piranha prototype because it takes so long to unlock.

Revo
29th June 2017, 02:45 PM
Solid white skin would be perfect. Just so minimalistic, just so clean.

Amaroq Dricaldari
29th June 2017, 09:30 PM
Racing Circuits:
Firestar (WO1)
Valparaiso (2097)
Velocitar (WO64)
Mega Mall (WO3)
Florian Heights (WOF)

Music:
CoLD SToRAGE - Cold Comfort
Future Sound of London - Landmass
Sasha - Xpander

AdHoc
2nd July 2017, 03:29 PM
Forget all the other circuits, we need Paris Hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3ec1Ah7EY

mannjon
2nd July 2017, 05:10 PM
Another neat addition would be bringing back super weapons, or have prototype ships for HD that each play to their skills (but different from the 2048). Some ideas:

•Tigron would be unmoveable (like Auricom prototype) and is immune to cannon damage
•Van Uber would get double the afterburner time for turbos, cannot be targeted with lock weapons (missile and leech beam)
•Feisar could get the ability to double sideshift (SS two times in a row, back to back), sideshifts restore 3% energy
•Piranha could maybe go 15% faster than the max speed possible when at full energy, and 5% faster when above 50% energy
•Icaras barrel rolls cost 1/2 the energy for a successfull BR but twice the energy for a failed one, but can only use defensive weapons
•AG SYS get automatic boost start at start of race, and gets the effect of a barrel roll boost each time you brake above 50% on a turn on the next straight,
•Triakis does double damage for collisions (and is immune to collision damage), but can only use offensive weapons, immune to plasma bolts
•Goteki gets an extra 5% speed increase from turbo pads and does an extra 5% damage with all weapons, is immune to missiles
•EGX regains 3% energy back for each second it isn't damaged (BR's excluded), can't absorb weapons for energy, but instead becomes a shield (like eliminator)
•Auricom has varying stats for handling related to energy, lower the energy, higher the handling, once per race, instead of being eliminated it regains 50% energy
•Qirex does 10% extra weapon damage, and is unaffected by bombs and mines but cannot use shields, can lock two missiles at once
•Assegai gets a 2 second autopilot effect for any offensive weapon absorbed, but only gets 1/2 the energy back when absorbing any weapon
•Harimau gets 15% energy back for each turbo barrel roll, and gets 7.5% energy back for each chained roll, but regular singular rolls cost 20% shields

Thoughts?

Beuzer0
4th July 2017, 03:12 PM
I may have already talked about it here, but I always wanted to have the ability to change the lap count in Racebox.
I actually never understood why it's possible to do longer races only in online mode... 2048 has some special events with longer races and that gives an "endurance" feel to it and i would love to be able to do the same with HD Fury.

derR0ND0
10th July 2017, 08:44 AM
Thats exactly how we designed it to be.

So you designed it around an overpowered ship to begin with.
If you take a look at all the record times set with Icaras, it is kind of boring.
Icaras with its good maneuverability should never had 100 speed. 95 at max.
And I agree that Tigron is a little less OP, but there is still no good reason to pick any other ship except Icaras, at least on the first 3 speed classes.
It is still a brilliant game and I am not forced to pick one of those ships.
It is still a shame that with an overall great balance those two ships stand out.

Racingfan
13th August 2017, 02:12 AM
Icaras is still the king for leaderboards yes, tigron is still pretty good for times imo at least in phantom, not sure about lower classes though, but it needs to have the handling like icaras does IMO

Van uber is like feisar, but its better than feisar in every stat except shield which is useless in HD, and better hidden stats, and can be a competitor against icaras in some tracks.

would be awesome to see a buff to tigron, but not too much overpowered like van uber is vs feisar

edit: tigron's pitch is weaker than icaras, and icaras seems much better in bounce barrel rolls for some reason