PDA

View Full Version : About the REVCON and ECM Pod weapons

variedro
30th May 2017, 11:18 AM
I've been wondering for quite a while how these two weapons work. I mean, I know how they affect a rival ship, but I'd like to know if they were homing weapons like the missile or the shockwave, or they were just "dumb" like the rocket. I've read the faqs on gamefaqs, searched on the internet, but I haven't found a description that explains those details. So if any F3600 W'O'' veteran has seen them in action, it'd be nice if they could tell us here. Thanks.

Hellfire_WZ
30th May 2017, 11:36 AM
That's actually a very good question. I don't think many people have played the original Wipeout over link cable so I'm curious myself. Bound to be someone on here who knows.

JABBERJAW
30th May 2017, 03:02 PM
Revcon locks on I believe. It does not reverse your controls, it just sends you into the wall no matter what you do, basically game over if both players are equal

variedro
30th May 2017, 04:17 PM
Revcon locks on I believe. It does not reverse your controls, it just sends you into the wall no matter what you do, basically game over if both players are equal

If that's true... The revcon was cruelty weaponized!

JABBERJAW
30th May 2017, 11:08 PM
Yes, you are correct. It should have been reverse controls so if you caught it quick enough you could steer using opposite controls

Dawn_Fire_
3rd July 2017, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone, i actually recently checked out the original PlayStation games over system link and made a video about the Link Cable in general.

I include a little bit of gameplay (thanks to my girlfriend, who does NOT usually play wipeout, but wanted to help out) and it includes a very, very, quick look at the REVCON and ECM Pod which i filmed later by myself.

Give it a watch if you are interested in the Link Cable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYgkD3g3ds

JABBERJAW
13th July 2017, 04:03 AM
The revcon doesn't reverse your controls though, you just steer into the wall no matter what you do. The off-weapon works very well in MP.

variedro
22nd September 2017, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone, i actually recently checked out the original PlayStation games over system link and made a video about the Link Cable in general.

I include a little bit of gameplay (thanks to my girlfriend, who does NOT usually play wipeout, but wanted to help out) and it includes a very, very, quick look at the REVCON and ECM Pod which i filmed later by myself.

Give it a watch if you are interested in the Link Cable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYgkD3g3ds

Nice technoarcheology video there! The ECM not having any visual effect when fired or when the player is affected by it is kind of odd,
and another curious thing is that the REVCON icon in-game it's not the same as the one printed in the manual and on the cover:
it's some sort of broken D-pad instead of the opposing arrows.

So thanks for the video, you've solved a little mistery for me (and a few other pilots on this forum I suppose).

Dawn_Fire_
24th September 2017, 03:21 PM
Thanks!

technoarcheology. Love that! Haha! :)