PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Streaming

OBH
24th May 2017, 10:02 AM
Seeing as WO Omega will be the first release where streaming / recording gameplay will be as simple as clicking a button for everyone, I thought I should finally sort out my PS4 setup.

XBox has a service, Beam, which is brilliant. I have no delay, lag, disconnections, or anything whatsoever. It genuinely runs flawlessly.

However, trying to stream my PS4 via Twitch or YouTube is a completely different story - I have to have the settings much lower, gameplay is a good 20 seconds or so behind and occasional disconnection issues. It's just not worth it.

I've tried Googling the issue and I'm not having any luck. I have a good, wired internet connection, changed suggested DNS settings and other bits and pieces that make no sense to me, and I just cannot improve it.

Is there any internet guru's here that can help?

KazzyMac
2nd June 2017, 08:09 AM
If you're streaming through PS4 to Twitch or Youtube, the only thing I can suggest is trying a different server. I know there are one/two servers based in the UK, but they're crap. They constantly disconnect me, too; I found myself having more luck using Amsterdam as the server.

That is, if you can change the server on a PS4.

As for the latency, unfortunately the solution for the 10-20-second lag is that you're SOOL. Twitch natively has a delay to help with buffering/networking on streams, that's usually around 8-15 seconds. Nothing you can do about it. I presume Youtube does the same thing.

Beam probably doesn't have a noticeable delay because it's not as big/mainstream as Twitch -- yet. :(

deaddoctor2010
2nd June 2017, 10:14 AM
Talking of streaming... Do you think the Music will mute like in project diva when streaming or will we have to do it manually?
Just asking because i know some companies have issues with copyright when streaming the games music when on things like Youtube where some of theme moneyitise the videos so they make money off it.

I was once playing Minecraft LittleBigPlanet edition (a dlc texture pack) where the video saved to my YT account and a few days later it got taken down because some random company was claming copyright for the music which plays by default when using the "paid for" dlc. I was confused at first... now i'm kinda scared to stream any thing to my youtube from my PS4 because of it... most games don't come with a lable saying "Mute the music/sounds" expecially when it comes to dlc things... the only games i've seen this on is Square Enix games and a few bandai namco games. forgive me if I'm sounding a little off topic.

Did anyone have issuses streaming the PS3 version?.
Can't wait to share my beat zico attempts.