PDA

View Full Version : What IS a Wusswagon?

RJ O'Connell
3rd September 2003, 11:20 PM
I've heard that refrence a few times before,both of them here,so I'd just like to know the definition of "Wuss Wagon"

xEik
4th September 2003, 12:01 AM
The thing that picks you up when you accidentally fly outside the circuit and gets you back to the track (usually slowing you down masively, specially in WipEout1).

The one in Wip3out has a display with Curly saying GO! :cool:

If you already knew that but were asking how the word originated, I'm sorry but although I can remember reading it back then I'm not sure where it might be. Probably in a post in the old ezBoard forums.

Lance
4th September 2003, 01:06 AM
it was definitely one of our members who invented the term on the old forums, but i don't recall which one of us it was. the name was met with general enthusiastic approval :) and has kinda stuck with us

RJ O'Connell
4th September 2003, 02:23 AM
ah ok.

infoxicated
4th September 2003, 08:31 AM
I think it was Al Sartwell who coined the term - not 100% sure, though :)

Lance
4th September 2003, 04:37 PM
um... not to contradict the sys ad just for the hell of it ;D but i'm pretty sure it was someone else.
damn. now i'm curious about who it was, and i really shouldn't spend time looking through the old forum to find out.

xEik
4th September 2003, 07:00 PM
It seems it was Wiseman who coined the term.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fwip3outpilotsassociationbbsmegacitybulletinboard. showMessage?topicID=144.topic

Although
LOL, I'm glad everyone likes the term "wuss-wagon" so much, but I must confess, that's what they called it in an review of the original Wipeout back in an old "Utlimate Game Players" mag that I had. I've called it that ever since.
Google is your friend. :cool:

Lance
4th September 2003, 07:06 PM
google is my indispensible robot that i sometimes forget is there even though i use that animated bucket of gizmos so much. i think it was hiding out in the back of the walk-in closet cos it needed a rest

infoxicated
4th September 2003, 08:03 PM
Go for your life, guys - it was just a guess!

xEik
4th September 2003, 08:41 PM
:P

BTW, which is winning by now? Sky or WZ3?

Lance
5th September 2003, 01:06 AM
the eternal pursuit of the facts has many victims ;)

infoxicated
5th September 2003, 10:47 AM
:P

BTW, which is winning by now? Sky or WZ3?Wouldn't you like to know!

Lance
10th September 2003, 11:08 PM
looks like Sky has been proclaimed the victor. ;D
games will always win. as it should be. yee ha!

infoxicated
11th September 2003, 08:36 AM
On the contrary, WipeoutZone 3 has been doing just fine. Still have the biggie to do, though, which is re-working all the code for the times tables.

I did make a mistake the other night which lost me about an hours worth of work (saved a png as the wrong type of png and it flattened all the layers), but other than that it's going very nicely :)

Lance
11th September 2003, 03:41 PM
excellent. i am very curious about the changes. i've speculated about a whole new look, etc. but i don't want any advance clues, just want to be surprised or not as the case may be, when v3 arrives.

mm... the times tables, yes. definitely a can of worms to re-do that! good luck! [and a dash of ingenuity :) ]