PDA

View Full Version : CoLD SToRAGE ship from Chill'Out" in BNG?

Hybrid Divide
5th October 2016, 10:43 PM
I know I asked awhile ago if that CoLD SToRAGE ship was supposed to be in SSGX, but (after the album comes out) maybe we could get a version of it into BNG!

Low-Poly, to match others, of course.

It'd make a nice little surprise to Tim Wright from the fans.

I'd do it myself, if I had any idea what I was doing, but alas.

Anybody feeling up to it? Xpand? (Your stuff has been fantastic!)

Thoughts?

shotfan
6th October 2016, 06:57 AM
Looks fitting, reminds me of Icaras (although there is no Icaras in BNG, I know :rolleyes: ). Is there any full-body image?

Hybrid Divide
6th October 2016, 07:32 AM
Not yet, there were some other images in update emails, but I can't find them right now.

Pretty sure there will be more shots and from more angles when the album comes out.

I had an idea for a CoLD SToRAGE skin for an AG craft in Pulse, but, then the skin editor was taken down, and nobody has yet been able to revive that functionality. I'm sure there's someone out there with the talent, and I'd donate a little $$ to whoever could make THAT happen again.

Anyway, I thought Tim Wright would just get a kick out of having the ability to fly his own craft.

Xpand
6th October 2016, 07:44 AM
I'll see if I have some time to do it. Also I'm pretty sure there were more renders than just that one.

Hybrid Divide
6th October 2016, 03:51 PM
No rush, man. But awesome!

And yeah, there were a few more renders, and likely more to come. I just can't find them! :D

Neri123
17th October 2016, 06:56 AM
I know I asked awhile ago if that CoLD SToRAGE ship was supposed to be in SSGX, but (after the album comes out) maybe we could get a version of it into BNG!

Low-Poly, to match others, of course.

It'd make a nice little surprise to Tim Wright from the fans.

I'd do it myself, if I had any idea what I was doing, but alas.

Anybody feeling up to it? Xpand? (Your stuff has been fantastic!)

Thoughts?

So what did you do in the end?

Hybrid Divide
17th October 2016, 09:33 AM
Nothing done yet. We're kinda waiting in a holding pattern until the album comes out, with (hopefully) more shots of the ship, to base a game model on.

Hot Violet
4th April 2017, 11:14 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread but...

It would be really cool if you guys and Tim would consider doing some sort of cross promotional thing with that ship and the Chill'Out" album once it's released. Maybe you could coordinate an official release update with the album release date?

Hybrid Divide
4th April 2017, 05:22 PM
I kinda saw it more as a gift to Tim from the WipEout community to have his own ship.

(I originally had the idea for such a thing back when WipEout PulsE still had a functioning skin editor, but never got it going before it got shut down.)

I'm sure something will get done when better renders are released. I don't have the know-how, but SOMEONE will likely get it put up on the BNG Steam Workshop. :)