PDA

View Full Version : Florian Height Course 3 Challenge

Confusion
21st February 2002, 12:09 PM
Right straight to the point.

I did this in a race (I haven't unlocked the Time Trial mode yet but I'm close to doing so).

36.74 seconds in a Piranha (100% upgrade). :grin:

I'm quite proud of that.

Hyper Shadow
21st February 2002, 01:19 PM
Your on, I'm sure that I can beat that. I need something to do to take my mind off of that annoying zone mode ARRRGGGHH :mad:

Zebula77
21st February 2002, 01:24 PM
Count me in on this one! Florion Heights 3 is my favourite track in the game.

Confusion
21st February 2002, 03:08 PM
I've given up on Zone mode for now... I just wanna get some super fast times...

As Heaven Is Wide
21st February 2002, 04:23 PM
You can count me in on this challenge (its where im capable of my highest speeds on zone mode), good luck to all those who enter.

Confusion
21st February 2002, 05:17 PM
You seem to feature on a lot of the Fusion league boards in very high positions... I'll be particularly interested in seeing your times!

You should be top on some of them if it weren't for those stupid respawn glitched times...

Hyper Shadow
21st February 2002, 08:10 PM
Eek! My fastest is only a 37.98! Back to the track methinks, only Daniel Jackson left to 100% upgrade!

Zebula77
22nd February 2002, 08:11 AM
I got you beat. 00:36:32
I'm sure that time won't stay long, though.
But that's the best I could do on time trial, anyway. Is it easier to get a good time in arcade mode, you think? I mean, getting several turbos in one lap, for example, as opposed to the 1 turbo you get per lap in time trial mode.

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 10:05 AM
I find Arcade to be better for lap times as you get multiple turbos as you said. Just make sure you go past everyone on the loop or you will be fighting them off on the second lap too if you're not careful.

And that was a bloody good laptime. Must beat it and soon!

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 12:57 PM
It took a lot of effort to get my time down to a 36.44 only to have it beat before I put it up, ARRGGGHHH!

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 02:55 PM
Oh yes!

just unlocked Time Trial Mode and I'm get sub 37 second times. :grin:

After 30 laps my best is 36.22 seconds (Piranha 100% upgrade/Myima Tsarong). :smile:

As Heaven Is Wide
24th February 2002, 01:41 PM
Its up to you if you want to accept my time of 35:14 (read dilema in the fusion section). if you do though confusion's time should be accepted too (so im beaten anyway).

Confusion
2nd March 2002, 02:25 PM
Well seeing as I no one wants to enter the challenge I might as well close the challenge. :sad:

Oh and my new best time using that Penetrator jump is 34.18 seconds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Confusion on 2002-03-02 15:26 ]</font>

Zebula77
2nd March 2002, 05:41 PM
Penetrator jump? This IS Time TRial were talkin about right? There are no Race times here, right.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, man, but this challenge was for time trial times, I think.

Anyway, I haven't managed to beat my previous record, so...

Confusion
2nd March 2002, 07:04 PM
This was a race one... I did specify (well I hope I did) that I did the first time in race mode... if not then my best time would probably still be that 36.xx second time.

Lance
2nd March 2002, 10:26 PM
cmon, guys. when you issue a challenge, lay out the complete rules in the very first post and do not post a time till all the participants have agreed to the rules. only then should the competition start, and once it has, the rules should not be changed. if you don't do this, no one is going to know what they should be doing, so you would be wasting time and energy racing for times that don't apply to the challenge.

in this particular challenge, no goal or conditions were ever stated, so it's all mass confusion. get together and agree to what you're shooting for. best time in a time trial? best time in a race? weapons and damage enabled? set the conditions and go for it.

Confusion
3rd March 2002, 09:51 AM
Yeah I suppose it would obviously be best to do that. Well I'm gonna issue a Vohl Square challenge soon enough.

Lance
3rd March 2002, 03:32 PM
you can still do it on this one; a challenge should be left active long enough so that everyone who is interested will have enough time to work on it a bit to get a good time. not everybody can make time in their work or school schedules right away to race. they may have to wait for a week or two before they can get to it. many challenges here last for a month or even 2 months.

Confusion
3rd March 2002, 08:57 PM
Well in that case I suppose it could stay open for a little longer... how about till the 17th March?

Lance
3rd March 2002, 10:53 PM
since you still haven't specified the goal and conditions, how about this? since march 16 is a saturday, it will give one last shot for the competitors to get in a good time.

all times must be posted by midnight saturday March 16, Greenwich Mean Time.

the goal is to set the absolute fastest time for Florian Heights course 3.

conditions: to make it interesting by settling which mode is the fastest, you may race in both single race mode and time trial mode, but only the fastest time counts, there is no separate time table. absolutely no cheats allowed. all weapons on, damage simulation on. no infinite anything. maximum number of ships enabled.

if those specifications are not acceptable to all the challengers, make your objections known.

if they are acceptable to all the challengers, start posting your best times. after each pilot's first posting, just edit that post to show your newest time, rather than making another post.

is that okay with everyone?

Confusion
5th March 2002, 02:51 PM
I would agree to that. If it's OK with you I'm gonna copy and paste most of that message for any other Challenges...

Lance
5th March 2002, 03:32 PM
it's okay by me.

Hyper Shadow
5th March 2002, 04:31 PM
I wonder...

Lance/Wamdue/Infox if you would set up a locked post for the rules stating what should be set out in a challenge.

I mean I caused some confusion in my Cubiss challenge as I was unaware of these rules, as I think most of the others were too, and seeing as we are getting loads of newbies this could be a good idea.

PS sorry for taking up space with a non-relevant challenge post.