PDA

View Full Version : Anybody playing Wipeout on the Nvidia Shield TV via PPSSPP?

replicashooter
24th July 2016, 07:05 AM
Did a quick search and nothing came up as I'm wanting to play this on the big screen with a proper controller and the Shield TV appears to be the way to go as its got the highest spec over using something like a Pi 3.

Anyone playing this way?

blackwiggle
29th July 2016, 12:39 PM
I haven't tried this, I should look into it as I fairly recently bought a GTX970 Nvidia card for my PC so I could test play Formula Fusion.
The Nvidia software just updated the VC drivers and this software automatically yesterday, that's why I noticed this post [PC gaming Virgin here, always used consoles till now ]

Which Wipeout version are you talking about, I suppose it's PURE & PULSE.
You can play both of those games plus all the DLC tracks from them with either a PSP GO! or a PSTV [better as it has the VITA engine and HDMI out] on a large screen TV with a PS3 [with PSP GO! or PS3/4 controller with a PSTV]
I've even run the PSTV through a projector [until the bloody thing died] playing Pure & Pulse via the PSTV on a 2.5m wide screen.

If you have a video up-scaling surround amp, you can upscale to 1080p, and if like me have a newish 3D capable TV, can use the TV's on board 3D processing to play these games that way.....varying results [possibly better via the Nvidia card might be possible since it has far more processing power ]...but Wipeout Fusion [PS2] plays surprisingly well in 3D once upscaled.

There is some other PC software that allows users who have it installed, combined with a certain PSone emulator, allows people to play against each other online with WO's original, 2097 & WO3 / WO3SE

santuz_rocks
26th August 2016, 08:37 PM
Here's a Pulse gameplay on NVidia shield: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h50M6IxnRIA
It's good, but it's not perfect! With some settings you can play near 60 FPS most of the time, but frame rate drops are still present :(
A user says that disabling mip mapping, software skinning and other stuff he can reach 60 FPS the whole time

Note that the gameplay is not on phantom..i think that it will get worse at higher speed!

Today there is no android devicd capable of running pulse at 60 FPS and High resolution :(