PDA

View Full Version : BallisticNG - WipeoutZone Track Ideas

bigsnake
23rd April 2016, 12:39 AM
Me and Xpand are going to be working on a "WipeoutZone" track that incorporates the most memorable elements of Wipeout tracks from the whole series into one thing. The questionnaire is now closed, thanks to those who answered!

The track is going to be incorporated into a show room styled thing of sorts, the idea we currently have is that you'll have each section of track with their respective environments fully recreated with tunnels that connect between the different sections.

Xpand
23rd April 2016, 05:52 PM
Just posting to bring this up since it was posted really late (GMT) and probably nobody saw it.

ALSO: Don't forget to add the specific track section of each circuit you select. Just saying the circuit is not enough!

AGgamer
23rd April 2016, 07:13 PM
Please, O Please pick Firestar from WO1!!!

Hybrid Divide
24th April 2016, 11:23 AM
Oh man, this is going to be tough to choose!

Decisions, decisions... :D

stin
24th April 2016, 06:58 PM
why not pick a track from fusion? ;)

stevie ☺

Cipher
24th April 2016, 08:30 PM
If you don't mind, could you post the results publicly, i'm kinda curious ^^

(Unless it has to be a surprise for the game of course)

Cipher

Xpand
24th April 2016, 10:36 PM
You're able to check the current answers after you submitted your own answers or an empty form.
I've been noticing some entries that only mention the track but not the section.

Cipher
24th April 2016, 10:51 PM
Ooooh, hadn't noticed that one, lurk mode engaged!! Thx! :D

Cipher

q_dmc12
6th December 2016, 02:48 AM
Maceno Reef kinda reminds me of Maeva from Megarace (old DOS game, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DehuJgEnnU). I would like to see more of this, I may end up trying it myself when I feel more comfortable with the editor.

Amaroq Dricaldari
6th December 2016, 10:08 PM
Aw man, did I miss this?

shotfan
21st December 2016, 03:44 PM
Yeah. Maceno Reef was a Vostok Reef-styled track, built almost entirely inside underwater tubes, with only the starting grid being overwater. It was shorter than on the average, but rather tricky to navigate. It was barebones in environment though, with zero scenery around it. Still, I have no idea why it was removed between v0.5 and v0.6.

If you want to be more up to date with the game's development, get to our Discord channel (bigsnake provided the link in the first post of the main BNG thread). We are discussing track design, liveries overhaul, some new features to be made etc. on day-to-day basis.