PDA

View Full Version : Table Top Racing: World Tour (and what next?)

Nick Burcombe
22nd March 2016, 11:22 AM
Hey there Wipeout people - just thought I'd give you a quick update...(coming for PS4, PC Steam, XBO)

Table Top Racing: World Tour is almost done and there's a great preview here....

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-18644-Table-Top-Racing--World-Tour-is-Like-Mario-Kart-and-Micro-Machines-Had-a-Baby.html

...but what I'm really thinking about is "what next?" and a VR Wipeout-style game is VERY appealing to me right now - so much you can do with that experience...
...would you want something like that to go Early Access, cross-platform play and would you trust Playrise Digital in making it? I don't think I'd want to do kickstarter...Let me know your thoughts.

Nick

Oryx Crake
22nd March 2016, 11:35 AM
yes...

I honestly don't care about early access, just yes!

(would be nice if it did have a mode that didn't require VR too though for those people who get headaches from such things)

Nick Burcombe
22nd March 2016, 12:27 PM
of course. It would never be a requirement if we were funding it ourselves.

Oryx Crake
22nd March 2016, 01:45 PM
I have complete confidence in your ability to make a smashing game. speaking only for myself of course but, I would wager a guess that most people here would agree with me.

And would love to see/play it.

AdHoc
22nd March 2016, 02:11 PM
What if Playrise Digital got backing from Sony to make a new WipEout?

No? Ok... :pirate

Hellfire_WZ
22nd March 2016, 04:20 PM
Absolutely! I can imagine it working very well with VR if fast paced games like Thumper are anything to go by :)

Are you going to be at EGX Rezzed? If so, I'll chat to you then if I catch you

Cipher
25th March 2016, 03:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it would work, the only thing is that it'll have to be good, and not another case of "i want to, but i can't", which has left a negative impact on other companies who've tried/ are trying, it'll be a very difficult task to please the existing AG audience whilst also bringing in new people, especially pleasing the existing ones, you see it a lot on here, lots of people wanting the physics to be similar to the way they are in HD, while others want it more like the classics, same problem with track design, some want flat and realistic, others curvy bendy high and low

I'm pretty sure you could pull it off, TTR WT looks great, but i'm not sure about early access, not unless the early access has the core physics finished (handling, gravity, air time, acceleration, speed, collisions) because inteoducing sloppy physics in a Ag racig game is a big let down, which you really don't need as a first impression (first impression is eeeeeverything!!)

But i do have faith in your studio ^^

terra-wrists
25th March 2016, 04:33 AM
Hey there Wipeout people - just thought I'd give you a quick update...(coming for PS4, PC Steam, XBO)

Table Top Racing: World Tour is almost done and there's a great preview here....

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-18644-Table-Top-Racing--World-Tour-is-Like-Mario-Kart-and-Micro-Machines-Had-a-Baby.html

...but what I'm really thinking about is "what next?" and a VR Wipeout-style game is VERY appealing to me right now - so much you can do with that experience...
...would you want something like that to go Early Access, cross-platform play and would you trust Playrise Digital in making it? I don't think I'd want to do kickstarter...Let me know your thoughts.

Nick
WAIIIIT... did you say wipeout? style?

Please (i know you must have some sketches anything) share the beans with us!!! NAO

( a fan since 95 )

Hellfire_WZ
27th April 2016, 04:53 PM
Good news if you're a PS+ subscriber. TTR is released next week and will be in your free games library :)

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/04/27/coming-to-playstation-plus-in-may-tropico-5-table-top-racing-and-more/

blackwiggle
6th May 2016, 06:52 AM
I downloaded this last night on my PS4 as it's a free +plus game this month.

Great fun, recommended .... I had thought it was going to be like the old Micro Machines game, which the tracks are graphically similar, but the racing is a whole lot better as it's not Top Down like Micro Machines was, rather addictive, and not as easy as you might think, although I suppose most Wipeout fans could get to grips with it pretty quick..... plus there is online multiplayer.

It's got a full Trophy list as well, so if you are a Trophy hunter looking for a new Platinum, here's a good candidate

UnleashSonic
17th May 2016, 01:41 PM

Nick

Hi Nick,

I enjoy TTR for what it is but find it frankly a little unambitious. I've only played a couple hours and like it but would love a WipEout-esque game, or even an actual WipEout if you can get Sony to licence it out :P

blackwiggle
18th May 2016, 06:36 AM
When you get into the latter races, it gets quite challenging, especially those bloody Drift events.

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th November 2016, 08:20 PM
Maybe we can start designing TTR/Micro Machines style teams, weapons and/or tracks for BNG/SSGX, with the weapons and teams being exclusive to the tracks. I'd play it.

I wonder... do you think the recent influx of AG Racing Games is going to get Sony's attention?

blackwiggle
8th November 2016, 09:13 AM
We could only hope.
If they have stealthy asked a independent to make a WO game, I think the gaming industry is so fractured into smaller independent studios currently, that news of anybody working on it would have been picked up and exposed by those in the know.
If only for the reasons the other gaming houses would be asking, "How are they surviving without putting any product out" ?
News would have surely leaked by now.

BrunoDG
7th December 2016, 02:09 AM
Maybe we can start designing TTR/Micro Machines style teams, weapons and/or tracks for BNG/SSGX, with the weapons and teams being exclusive to the tracks. I'd play it.

Erm... Honestly I dunno if it would fit... Probably not? :P

I wonder... do you think the recent influx of AG Racing Games is going to get Sony's attention?

With the advent of WipEout Omega Collection? Maybe. But that'd be too much hope.