PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a PSP. How bout you?

Hasteguy
11th January 2016, 11:55 PM
I bought a PSP 300Xc about a month ago. My intention was to play Wipeout Pure and Pulse (along with a few other PSP games). I'd missed out on the PSP era, being a mostly DS player. Emulators are too challenging for me, and because I'm either inflexible or a stickler for details, I just can't get into them.

With that in mind, the trouble started when i put in Wipeout Pure, fired up a free play session and found it to be amazing. The next day however, the shoulder buttons were sticking. Removing them stopped the majority of the issues, but sometimes the right airbrake would stay on, and sometimes the left one would flick on until I hit it off. Also, using the shoulder sensors without the triggers is painful.

To that end, I've ordered new button sensors, and I'll be posting pictures of the repair process when they get here. Tracking says something around Jan 29th. I really hope it's sooner.

I realize that this will be a short lived topic, so how bout we hear about the retro consoles you've all been rebuilding to get that authentic experience.

I'm interested to hear what you've got.

Xpand
12th January 2016, 01:24 AM
I don't know if this is what you want, but this is the only console I've ever built.... It has the stunning resolution of 8x8 pixels and a color depth of 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaqR_pZxBx8

Hybrid Divide
12th January 2016, 08:11 PM
I just put in a new 72-pin connector into my NES a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

Aside from that, I'd like to rebuild an old Game Boy with a backlit screen and pro-sound mods for music creation via Nanoloop and/or LSDJ.

Hasteguy
14th January 2016, 01:06 AM
Yeah, those are both about what I was looking for. That's kind of amazing, Xpand!

Also, what's a Nanoloop? I'm going to go to school for Computer Science, but until then I'm nub as hell.