PDA

View Full Version : Psygnosis old time-favourite?

amber
11th August 2003, 07:58 AM
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone here like myself has been a gamer long enough (I got my first computer, a Commodore 128D back 1986) to remember any of the old Psygnosis games; Menace, Blood Money, the Shadow of the Beast-triology, Carthage, Nitro, Supercars etc...

Nitro was actually one of my old favourite games, featuring a awesome wipEout-style animated intro. I guess that it was one of Psygnosis first games to feature an intro on a separate disc. The game-play consisted of birdeye-view racing-action with up to three players at the same time. Anyone remembering?

/a nostalgic amber

amber
11th August 2003, 08:59 AM
...ehrm...to further refresh your collective memory:
http://cache.cow.net/psygnosis/games

/amber :D

Roger
11th August 2003, 09:24 AM
Sure, I got my C-64 back in 1986. It was the real deal - the rounded, dark beige model. At first I only had the tape drive for it, got a floppy drive later on.

Didn't have any Psygnonis titles for the 64, though. Got an Amiga 500 in autumn of 1989, and played a lot of Blood Money (I'm still a huge fan of good shoot 'em ups). Shadow of the beast was visually stunning (what was it - four layers of parallax scrolling?), but I wasn't that fond of the game.

Oh yes - I remember it now: I actually got Menace bundled when I bought the Amiga. What a flashback. Them days, them days. I remember paying 500 Finnish Marks for 512 Kilobytes of extra memory. Nowadays you get about 512 MEGAbytes for the same amount, if not more!

Tammiru
14th August 2003, 09:44 AM
Whoa, what an awesome find!
That totally refreshed my memory, this here was one of the first psygnosis games I got my hands on; http://cache.cow.net/psygnosis/games/pyrotechnica/
many a fun hour was spent in there..

-tammiru

Lance
14th August 2003, 04:09 PM
amber, thanks for the link. good list of the Psyggy games and big big owl logo. [Owl Sartwell? no wonder Al is so good at these games!]

------------
oh my! i just read back through the whole thread. to give credit where credit is due, i have edited to correct my alexandre duma$ mistake. [my face will be red for a week]

AmishRobot
16th August 2003, 02:59 AM
Ah, The Killing Game Show! That was some good stuff. Living in the US where Amiga's were basically non-existent, I played it on my Sega Genesis under the name "Fatal Rewind". Stupid name change, but as far as I know that was the only real difference.

Amber: I've been a gamer since 1978(!), but it's always been consoles for me. First system was an Odyssey. Adventure games were really the only computer games I played. (loved those old Infocom games)