PDA

View Full Version : European Wipeout Convention 2016

Mad-Ice
28th September 2015, 07:42 PM
Hello all you boys and girls! I'd like to take you to the inside world. It's quite irregular place to be, but never fear, you're safe with me.

It's been too since I've been here! AmigoJack called me to say hello and of course we talked about a new meeting. Eventhough, there no new Wipeout title, the most important thing was to meet each other and have a blast! We miss you guys and girls.

So here's the earliest ever announcement of a possible meeting in 2016. From Thursday the 21st of July untill Sunday the 24th of July 2016, summertime is coming already :)

Right now, I just want to see how many of you old geezers and newcomers are up for this little gathering. No country yet! We will decide later.

I know this should be in the news and announcement area, but I don't have permission. I hope to see many old and new faces.

Greetings Mad-Ice

Hellfire_WZ
28th September 2015, 07:44 PM
Easily remedied ;)

Mad-Ice
28th September 2015, 07:49 PM
Yay! Thanks mate. Now, we only need you to subscribe :)

Knux_Chaotix
28th September 2015, 07:55 PM
Ooooooohh. Much interest!!! And plenty time to organise life around this!!!

Cipher
28th September 2015, 07:55 PM
I am interested, but it'll depend on location ;)

Cipher

Maciek1704
28th September 2015, 07:58 PM
Me is like Cipher

Mad-Ice
28th September 2015, 07:58 PM
My thoughts exactly Knux!

@Cipher: How far are you willing to go ;)

Going offline right now and dreaming about lots of Wipeout pilots joining this thread :)

Cipher
28th September 2015, 08:02 PM
200-400km-ish :p

It all kinda depends really, but i'd rather avoid planes as that means it'll become tough to bring gear along ;) (And pricy)

Cipher

zero3growlithe
28th September 2015, 08:03 PM
I want to be there! And I hope I can be there! Because now I have the possibility! :D (somewhat, if it will be in germany ehauheueaheauhe hmm...)

Red_Ricky
28th September 2015, 08:23 PM
Same as Cipher here.
Love to go but location mustn't be to far.

J.666
29th September 2015, 09:39 AM
I'm very interested :) some peeps in my neighbourhood (south-holland and part of belgium/germany depends what's on the route) could drive with me if they want so we can split travel costs :)

stinkleroy
29th September 2015, 05:33 PM
Unless of course it is held in NL ;)

Matthijs, so good to see you and really glad to know that the WZ convention legend will live on :) It's been a long time!

Maarten and I will try our best, given that we have so much notice (thank you). I'm now thinking my recent PS4 credit purchase was a bad idea :brickwall, but if we can save some cash we'll be there in heartbeat, depending on where it will be.

Light Buster
30th September 2015, 05:56 PM
If it is in Los Angeles, California in the US or somewhere close that won't absorb 5 of my paychecks, I'd be happy to show up.

Mad-Ice
1st October 2015, 07:47 AM
Slept for some nights and my dreams came true :) thank you all for replying.

@ Maciek1704, zero3growlithe, Red_Ricky and J.666: the best possible countries and places are: The Netherlands, Amsterdam, Germany, Frankfurt and France, Paris.

@ stinkleroy and AnErare: It will be great to see you both again. Yes, I am still alive, but enjoying life together with my wife and two children. The gaming hobby has been shrinking to almost zero. Whenever you see Mad-Ice online, it's mostly Jonathan watching stunt scooters on youtube or playing SSX on PS3. My new hobby is slotracing in the Scale racing series in the Netherlands. Together with 5 other people we organise 10 national championships races. Furthermore, I have been in Spain for the world series of Scale racing with a Dutch team in July. We came 6th of 18 teams which was a great event and a big fight for 6th place.

@ Light Buster: maybe you should contact Jabberjaw. He is the one to organise likewise events in the USA.

J.666
1st October 2015, 09:06 AM
it is all pretty within my range :) oh and cat. you coming with public transport or by car? if you come with public transport.. lf l'm not wrong there is a ferry that goes from england to hoek van holland and l happen to live very near hoek van holland. l could pick you guys up there and as said before we can be splitting the costs for our way further.. but maybe l'm ahead of things already :g

Knux_Chaotix
1st October 2015, 11:35 AM
Im game for a trip to Amsterdam!!! Or anywhere in Europe. They're all pretty easy to get to from here. If we're going by vote or discussion, Amsterdam has mine!! ^_^

Snakenator1
1st October 2015, 01:27 PM
COME TO THE UK! WE HAVE COOKIES ;D

I'd love to come if I could do such a thing, but I dunno if I will, we shall see ;)

Red_Ricky
1st October 2015, 08:49 PM
Best option for me would be Amsterdam after that Frankfurt (in that case i'll need to find someone to drive me or something with using the train) Paris NEVAAAA

Cipher
2nd October 2015, 11:20 AM
@ Maciek1704, zero3growlithe, Red_Ricky and J.666: the best possible countries and places are: The Netherlands, Amsterdam, Germany, Frankfurt and France, Paris.

All pretty much equally far, so it doesn't matter too much for me, if it's paris i could go visit my sis as well though :p

Cipher

TheConzio
3rd October 2015, 09:43 AM
I would love to go, but unfortunately Australia is no where near Europe D: ... If a miracle happens or I win the lottery I would definitely come, otherwise I'll gladly watch any livestreams if anyone is up for that :)

stin
3rd October 2015, 10:31 AM
Looking very promising! Hm hmm!!! nearly a month after the Golf Championship! Need to work out the arrangements! fingers crossed here! :)

stevie:)

AmigoJack
4th October 2015, 02:56 PM
AustraliaJust kill Al and then Austr_ia is not only near but already within Europe. :P

In the past we also met in London, GB in 2013, which was quite surreal, as we had not one single cloud in the sky and a heatwave. Played the PSP titles a bit.

It'd be really cool to see old mates again, and to also meet the new guys. 2016 would be the 9th year already! Remember 2009 when eLhabib managed to come with 8 monitors, so we could play WO'HD tournaments, having (in theory) even 8 players in one race? Whew! Or the initial meeting in 2007 with so many people joining in!

Everybody who never joined such a meeting: do it. Expenses can be a bugger, yes. In the past every location (even London) could be reached via train. International train rides can be surprisingly non-expensive, you should definitly check them (als the opposite way, by looking on the website of the foreign train company). And then there might also be buses going to the city of interest - they're the most cheapest version (but also the ones needing the most time). Also in the past getting food and sleep was considerably low, starting from 8 EUR per night and ending at 30 EUR per night (if I recall correctly). In some cases sleeping even happened in one person's home.

Great to see the responses. :) But beware of the "only if" limbo: the less you decide, the more people do the same. This way 2014 was wasted. Just speaking from my experiences.

Jonny
5th October 2015, 08:39 PM

Outside Europe
0%

Europe
25%

Central Europe
50%

Germany
75%

Westphalia
100%

My city
200%

My house
1000%

stinkleroy
6th October 2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah you are right Michael, it's just hard to commit without knowing where we will be going ;) Hope you are well though!

I think it was 2010 when eL brought all of those monitors, I journeyed back to CDG airport with him and that huge suitcase and had to witness him trying to chat up the check in lady to try and get some money off of the extra weight baggage lol. His charms failed but it was a valiant effort! Good times :)

Matthijs, good to hear you've been busy and that your family are doing great :) I'm gonna look up Scale racing so I know what you are talking about hehe, but impressive that you are doing so well at it :) My I can't believe Jonathan is an SSX player, I'm proud for you friend :D

Anywhere in NL would be the preferred destination for us, Amsterdam would be great especially since I've never been! Seen Schiphol airport many times but never actually seen the city if you can believe that. Why don't you put it to a vote then it can be decided by all? :)

Edit - Dre I just saw your post from before and I checked out the ferry to Hoek van Holland, sadly it runs from Essex which is miles away from us (we are up north) and it would most likely be a lot cheaper for us to fly, that would have been one awesome road trip though and thanks for offering :)

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th October 2015, 08:26 PM
Hello all you boys and girls! I'd like to take you to the inside world. It's quite irregular place to be, but never fear, you're safe with me.
Well, maybe.

AmigoJack
10th October 2015, 10:04 PM
you're safe
Well, maybe.Your mileage may vary, but in the past each of us amplified safety for the whole group. :)

Ah, stinkleroy - that's also ages ago, sadly. I will enjoy every single one seeing again, no matter who. Plus the new ones. Seriously, I can't remember one guy who I even tended to dislike.

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th October 2015, 12:01 AM
Matthijs had used some song lyrics I recognised to open his post, so I was finishing the line for him. ;)

Mad-Ice
14th October 2015, 07:33 PM
Lol @ MSSA. Indeed lyrics from PRIMUS!

@ everyone: AmigoJack and I will sort out the location very soon so we can start planning.

J.666
14th October 2015, 10:02 PM
Amsterdam, frankfurt, paris, l dont care. Atm l'm the greatest WO fan that excists l think... l will be there and l pick everyone up that is on my route :p

DIXI200
15th October 2015, 09:55 AM
Wonderful initiative :clap ... I like to think that I could be there :p
I visited the Netherlands .. but many years ago, I'd love to go back with my wife.
Paris and Frankfurt do not know, could be a good opportunity.
There is a long time to organize, look to know the location

Mad-Ice
15th October 2015, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the enthousiastic reactions. Hopefully more will join. You will experience a superb event.

AmigoJack
19th October 2015, 05:49 PM
Didn't know about the lyrics, mea culpa. But you can tell me the full story when we meet. :)

To recap what we did the years before, which might tease a couple of people to seize their chance on the 10th installment:

2007-03-23 to 2007-03-25: Amsterdam, NL
= The Euro convention of WipEout in Amsterdam! (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?3662-The-Euro-convention-of-WipEout-in-Amsterdam!)
The first one, the biggest one. Lots of people, finally we all meet. First time experiencing tournament conditions with PSPs.

2008-03-21 to 2008-03-23: Amsterdam, NL
= The European Wipeout Convention 2008 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?4313-The-European-Wipeout-Convention-2008)
Same place. With official prizes to win and even participation gifts. Started to snow.

2009-05-01 to 2009-05-03: Frankfurt am Main, DE
= The European Wipeout Convention 2009, third edition. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?5474-The-European-Wipeout-Convention-2009-third-edition)
First time HD tournaments. 8 monitors and PS3s hooked up! Almost hurried, since always off the schedule for all the races. Lots of Schnitzel.

2010-04-01 to 2010-04-03: Paris, FR
= The European Wipeout Convention 2010, fourth edition! (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7095-The-European-Wipeout-Convention-2010-fourth-edition!)
Special hostel lounge just for us. Lots of french participants. HD races again.

2011-08-19 to 2011-08-28: Heerhugowaard/Amsterdam, NL
= Wip'EURO'ut 5 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7675-Wip-EURO-ut-5)
Less tournaments. Meeting, barbecueing, visiting beach, great time.

2012-10-25 to 2012-10-28: Frankfurt am Main, DE
= The European Wipeout Convention 2012, sixth edition. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8898-The-European-Wipeout-Convention-2012-sixth-edition)
Full tournaments again: HD, Pure, Pulse. Sadly this time it ends with Temet being injured. Visited him in hospital afterwards.

2013-07-11 to 2013-07-14: London, GB
= European Wipeout Convention 7 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9220-European-Wipeout-Convention-7)
Meeting, no tournaments. Unreal weather for London: no clouds, hot as hell - even during the night. Great sightseeing.

2014 (did not happen): Frankfurt am Main/Köln, DE
= European WipEout Convention 8 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9724-European-WipEout-Convention-8)
Decision hell: nobody wanted to choose a date.

2015 (did not happen)
This year I moved apartments and never considered initiating a convention.

Temet
20th October 2015, 07:50 AM
If I'm available, count me in!
New home, new job this year... couldn't take holidays this summer :( ... so I plan going far away for 3 weeks summer 2016 :)

Rirak
21st October 2015, 05:18 PM
I'll pencil it in ;). somehow managed to miss the previous ones in London

AmigoJack
28th October 2015, 10:27 PM
Temet is still alive! :) Seems like I haven't been the only moving apartments since our last meeting.

Flint Fandango
1st November 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi there, long time no type! :)
Rennfisch and me would love to participate, if time permits. It also depends on the location, which is why we would prefer Frankfurt, if that is debatable and available?!
That would be great, because we could bring some equipment along, such as a TV, PS2/3, controllers, games, accessory cables and whatnot.
I really hope we can find a consensus!

dreamerx
25th November 2015, 10:30 AM
Hey!

You can count me in too. I would like to see you guys again and see the new faces :) As usual I would be able to take every game and equipment needed for the tournament for myself at least.

Hybrid Divide
25th November 2015, 03:55 PM
REALLY wish I could go to one of these someday! Alas!

J.666
27th November 2015, 09:43 AM
I should be able to fix 3 or 4 monitors btw, maybe even more if that's required

AmigoJack
16th December 2015, 09:01 PM
Sounds good, J.666! :) And of course I'd like to see dreamerx again :D

Well then, we could set it up in/near Frankfurt again in 2016. Haven't played HD in ...years. Any preferred season or date?

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all of you - I'll be with my family and friends. Hope you guys do the same. :)

Cipher
19th December 2015, 05:35 AM
Didn't we say late june early july somewhere?
Location works for me ;)

Merry christmas to yourself (and others reading this) as well :)

Cipher

Kappeskopp!
28th December 2015, 05:00 PM
Merry christmas :xtree .I think you can count me in,if the convention would be in Paris i come whit my family

Greetings Marcus

stin
29th December 2015, 02:13 PM
Put me down as maybe, because my wife just booked a holiday of a lifetime in Disney World in Florida!

stevie :O

Varsh
29th December 2015, 02:24 PM
My friend went to the one in Amsterdam in 2011 and said it was great! I've been meaning to visit him next year as he's just moved to Amsterdam, so if we had it there I could drag him along too.

terra-wrists
31st December 2015, 04:01 PM
Paris you say? might be down for that.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
2nd January 2016, 03:21 AM
I might hop in as well. A shame that i didnt know abput these events earlier, especially the one in 2012 in frankfurt Oo

AmigoJack
6th January 2016, 05:49 PM
Okay, so June to July is favored.
Places?

Paris, FR: we yet would have to find someone who could manage a convention there. I have my doubts about that, but would join in.
= 2 potential contenders: terra-wrists, Kappeskopp!
Amsterdam, NL: that could be halfway managed by Mad-Ice as he's living in the suburban area. We never had a room/apartment for doing HD races there; even Heerhugowaard we were short on monitors.
= 3 potential contenders: Varsh, stinkleroy, Red_Ricky
Frankfurt, DE: well, I have the apartment for doing HD races (those who joined 2009 and 2012: my new apartment is bigger) and could provide retro gaming as well (PS2, PSX along with NegCon, Saturn).
= 5 potential contenders: xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix, Flint Fandango, Rennfisch, Jonny, zero3growlithe I haven't listed those who're okay with every location (i.e. like me or Mad-Ice). How about those people being unsure in the first place? Does this list help you making a decision?

Cipher
6th January 2016, 06:50 PM
I'm fine with all of them as well :p
Amsterdam is closer, but the other 2 will just be a 4 hour drive i guess, just gotta turn some music on and gooooo :D

I could probably bring 1 TV along, 1PS3 Console, a PS Vita TV with 2048, 3 controllers (2 of which have some air brake button problems tho), could bring my JBL Creature II Speakers as well (works fine for a normal sized room) if requested, works with a simple 3.5mm jack, so iPods, Laptops,... should all be connectable ^^
Also bringing my camera/tripod along for filming/pictures ^^

As for time, preferably near the end of June or later, as early June i'm probably still having exams ;)
(And preferable not end july either, because i'll have to prepare for my exchange program starting in August)

But in the end it depends what works best for the others ;)

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
6th January 2016, 07:03 PM
Im good with all of them, but I know my way around Amsterdam better. Also, depending on when it is, I may already be over there. Can just extend my stay. Im over for Defqon1, I could travel from that if its not during it.

multibodydynamics
7th January 2016, 09:53 AM
I'm also interested. Amsterdam would be the easiest for me. I could bring my debug PS3 and we could have a little competition who will reach the highest zone in the original epileptic zone mode, if there is any interest. I have the preview version from March 2008. I also have a super early demo from Leipzig 2007. Could be interesting perhaps. July suits me best.

AmigoJack
9th January 2016, 03:31 AM
my debug PS3
original epileptic zone mode
preview version from March 2008
super early demo from Leipzig 2007Now this is clearly something I'm damn interested in to see! I remember a short demo video of previous zone visuals. The idea of having a zone competition under these condition also sound good to me - now isn't that thrilling everyone to come along?

Every TV and PS3 is welcome - the more, the better. Also I have room enough to let 6 more people sleep in my apartment, but you have to bring yourself a sleeping bag (and preferably something soft to lie on) - so those of you being short on money can save hostel/hotel costs. Hell, even my balcony is long enough for 4 more dudes who want to sleep outside. ;)

Cipher
11th January 2016, 10:08 AM
Haha, balcony camping? i'm down for that XD
I could bring an inflatable mattress as well (maybe multiple if requested) ^^

That's assuming Frankfurt works for everyone though, maybe we should put up a poll?

@Multibody How'd you get ahold of those? And i'm curious, i have the Wipeout HD Press Kit, does that one have the pre-release zone mode as well? (I've been searching for an affordable debug PS3, but have been unlucky so far, haven't been able to try it yet), Definitely interested in seeing these though!

Cipher

multibodydynamics
11th January 2016, 11:21 PM
No, the press kit contains the final version of Wipeout HD.
This preview disc on the other hand contains 8 ships, 4 tracks and original zone mode. It only works on a debug unit.

Cipher
12th January 2016, 03:29 PM
Aah i see, thanks for the heads up, were they handed out at a convention or are they insider thingies or something? Never actually seen the demo nor preview version anywhere o_O
(The attachment system failed you by the way :p )

Cipher

multibodydynamics
12th January 2016, 07:53 PM
^^ I think I was able to insert a picture now...

Cipher
13th January 2016, 12:15 AM
Totally going off topic, but whoaaaa!!!! How'd you get ahold of that!! So jellyyyyyyyyy!! XD
Majestic little piece there x)

Cipher

DIXI200
19th January 2016, 09:09 PM
Hello everyone, sorry but it turns an idea and I have to draw something .. something funny :)

Varsh
19th January 2016, 10:55 PM
For the Amsterdam one I'll most likely be staying at my friend's place, though I'll certainly be able to bring my Vita and PS TV, they're small enough so no problem there. ;)

June/July sounds like a good time, I'll have to see whether my friend has any plans or not.

Cipher
19th January 2016, 11:52 PM
Awesome Fabione! :)

AmigoJack
21st January 2016, 05:49 PM
Great one! :lol FEISAR surely knows how to draw attention away from their not-so-great craft to boobs in action.
I'm unable to identify all the players, but in doubt I'm the one just missing the best part. ;)

AmigoJack
27th February 2016, 08:10 PM
Alright, the date is set for this year's convention:

from 2016-07-21 (Thursday) to 2016-07-24 (Sunday)
in Frankfurt am Main (and Bad Soden), Germany.

Please visit http://web189.102.hosttech.eu/w8/index.php?t=state - I updated everything (i.e. the hostel prices are the most recent ones). The main reason to visit that website is to keep track of the Status page, where we see who's coming and who not. And who's indecisive. It also helps organizing in who brings what.

Saltir3Warri0r
29th February 2016, 09:44 AM
I am prepared to rearrange my schedule for this! It's a really exciting concept!! I'd love to be able to attend

Cipher
1st March 2016, 09:17 PM
Updated my status on the site ^^
Will most likely be there!

Cipher

AmigoJack
3rd March 2016, 08:49 PM
Great - so far we have 3,75 contenders (me, MAD, DreamerX and "almost sure" Cipher).
I promise: no matter how many we will be in the end - so far every convention was fun and worth the visit. :)

J.666
3rd March 2016, 09:00 PM
Gonna be there for sure :)

J.666
4th March 2016, 01:50 PM
I can bring for sure
1 ps3
1 tv
1 19 inch monitor

I can bring most likely when needed
2 extra ps3's
2 extra 19 inch or so monitors

AmigoJack
4th March 2016, 09:47 PM
Can you please enter/update it on the site (http://web189.102.hosttech.eu/w8/index.php?t=state)? It's far easier to maintain. And to compare to/for others.

J.666
5th March 2016, 07:53 AM
Ha, came here to copy paste my text to the site, and there you are asking me to the same thing ;)

AmigoJack
11th March 2016, 06:13 PM
Looking good so far. Right now we have all the equipment that we need for those who attend. Let's just see who else will join in.
Thanks to all who're willing to bring the stuff already. :+

AdHoc
12th March 2016, 02:31 AM
I wish I could have made it, I would have brought some of my Feisar models with me, but I'll still be in Australia then...

Have fun :)

Temet
14th March 2016, 01:58 PM
Oh Dear... last time I went to Frankfurt is such a bad memory... I will try to make it, add 0.5 Mickael :)

AmigoJack
16th March 2016, 12:01 AM
There's absolutely no chance you pull off that stunt a second time. ;)

DJ Techno
20th March 2016, 05:21 PM
This seems like a good date. I will just say to try n throw my hat in this. But include and see if some of the guys here on the east coast can join in.
Travis, ben, eric, and bribe Al's wife to let him go.

AmigoJack
10th April 2016, 08:23 AM
So far 3 people set up their status on the website (http://web189.102.hosttech.eu/w8/index.php?t=state). I'm pretty positive MAD is coming as well - I will call him these days to see why he's not reacting anymore.

AmigoJack
4th May 2016, 06:04 PM
Cipher, DreamerX, Lsdre86, Rennfisch + friend seem to join by now. (I still have to phone Mad but think he'll come.)

However, nobody so far ever wanted to make me a reservation in the hostel in Frankfurt (or elsewhere). My new apartment has space for 7 people on a rather hard floor - in theory you can all sleep for free, except that I only have 1 sleeping bag and 2 blankets I can give. Of course, everybody can take care of it himself, but reserving one room for i.e. 4 or 6 people in advance then also means you don't have to expect foreigners in there...

Mad-Ice
4th May 2016, 07:16 PM
I am here! Been away again :) anyway. I am so sure to be there. I hope more people will join. It will be a party anyway 🎉 🍻 🎈

Greetz Mad-Ice

Rennfisch
5th May 2016, 11:06 AM
deleted

Flint Fandango
5th May 2016, 11:07 AM
To avoid a misunderstanding, the friend of Rennfisch is actually me. ;) So there´s another WOZ-Member on the list!

AmigoJack
5th May 2016, 08:48 PM
@Mad: Nice to see you back - thought something bad has happened. And I'm glad it's not the case. :)
@Flint: Sorry, I wasn't aware of your name. Or forgot it after years again. ;)

That makes us 7 altogether (including me). Eating and drinking is no problem: we can go to (not expensive or even self service) restaurants, call for our food, or make it on our own. Several supermarkets are within the range of 1,5 km being open until 22:00 on Saturday, and gas pumps with shops as well in case you need something on Sunday (or in the night). I think almost everybody arrives by car, right? Except for DreamerX, who might use the plane (unless he insists on coming on his own it'd be nice if one of you catches him with me at the airport by car).

I'll send you all a PM with my address. In case you don't have a navigation system please say so and I can give you route instructions. Or ask maps.google instead. ;)

Cipher
5th May 2016, 08:56 PM
I've been to Frankfurt Airport before so i don't mind picking him up with you when he arrives ;-)
I don't mind cooking either if people want to keep it on the cheap side, as long as someone else does the dishes, hate that part :p
Great to see you Renn, hope you've been well! :)

Cipher

Mad-Ice
6th May 2016, 07:18 AM
Good to see familar faces and some new. I have updated my status at AmigoJack 's site to: of course :)

Coming weeks I will show some more activity here, to keep this event alive so more pilots might join in.

See you soon,

Mad-Ice

dreamerx
6th May 2016, 03:42 PM
I'm still in of course. Yay! It's happening again :)

@AmigoJack: Is it possible to reserve one sleeping place on your floor? Just in case :)
@Cipher: Thanks for willing to pick me up from the airport. I still not decided whether to go by car or by plane, but when coming by plane it would be nice - I will contact you later ok?

Cipher
6th May 2016, 04:37 PM
Sure thing, just let us know and we'll come pick you up ;-)

Cipher

AmigoJack
12th May 2016, 08:15 PM
70 days to go! :)

reserve one sleeping place on your floor?Of course, dude! There's enough room for everyone.

J.666
13th May 2016, 03:28 PM
Dear amigojack, can l also reserve a spot at your place? Got some financial setbacks. I will bring beer and food to compensate :p

AmigoJack
13th May 2016, 04:16 PM
Cipher aka Alex, DreamerX, Lsdre86 aka J.666, Mad-Ice, Rennfisch, Flint = 6 campers (my site (http://web189.102.hosttech.eu/w8/index.php?t=state) only reflects 4 of you currently, as 2 of you haven't set their status to green). There's enough space on the floor for each of you, and even more people. Don't forget: I'm the only one having a bed and can only hand out 2,5 spare blankets. And since I have no carpets you have to be prepared for a hard floor. Hardfloor. :)

UnleashSonic
17th May 2016, 01:38 PM
I wish I could have made it, I would have brought some of my Feisar models with me, but I'll still be in Australia then...

Have fun :)

Yeeeuup. If I were in Europe I'd love to come to a WipEout meet-up :D Shame I'm stuck here in Australia for now

AmigoJack
18th May 2016, 03:39 PM
Why don't you live in Austria? :(

JFthebestJan
18th May 2016, 10:06 PM
hey, if its going to happen in Frankfurt, i can show up most likely. well if i can get some vacation days that is xD

i can bring:
- 2 ps3s with wipEout HD/Fury + 2 ds3s
- 1 vita with 2048 + pure + pulse
- 1 vita TV with 2048 for BIG screen glory
- 1 ps4 + 1 DS4 (there's no awesome games on it yet, so It'll stay @ home most likely)
- 1 pc gaming monitor with awesome refresh capability

AmigoJack
19th May 2016, 04:53 PM
Great - of course you're welcome as well! In doubt you can even show up spontaneously. Do you bring something to sleep on, or do you prefer a hostel or even hotel?

Rennfisch
19th May 2016, 06:16 PM
We've decided we're too old to sleep on the floor, so we would rather prefer a hostel or hotel. Do you know something nice near by?

AmigoJack
19th May 2016, 07:25 PM
Hotel: Ramada Bad Soden (http://www.ramada.de/hotels/germany/bad-soden/ramada-bad-soden/hotel-overview) is literally around the corner with good beds. Other hotels are here as well, but they're more expensive and mostly have worse reviews - can't suggest those.

Hostel: Five Elements Frankfurt (https://frankfurt.5elementshostel.de/?%3EBook%3C&page=10) still exists - it'd be a good 30 minutes ride from there to my apartment by metro. Car should be faster. Definitly less expensive and by now they also have 2 bed rooms.

Flint Fandango
20th May 2016, 03:37 PM
Thank you, AmigoJack! :)
We´ve booked a room at the Five Elements. If someone else is planning to stay there overnight, we could arrange a carpool.
See you soon, we´re psyched! :hyper

AmigoJack
11th June 2016, 10:54 AM
Good to hear. :) Everything here is set to go. Based on this thread's and my site (http://web189.102.hosttech.eu/w8/index.php?t=state)'s activity I don't expect more people to come. But since a couple of TVs are brought we can make a "professional" contest like in the old days again. Can you believe it's already more than 9 years since we met first?

DJ Techno
30th June 2016, 04:15 AM
I did say month a so ago. About coming thru. It may be possible. I asked everyone I know in the State's. They said it would be a next year thing. Travis, Eric, Ben, n try to bribe AL Sartwells wife to let him go in a summer time. But I have started a second job n haven't gotten clearance back yet. From the medical job I work for. To have at least 5 straight days off. If anybody thought I was jiving (lie) no.but working two jobs had been funny. N I did practice on the consoles. I'm rusty as F....!

Cipher
11th July 2016, 12:08 PM
10 days to go!! *drum rolls* \o/

AmigoJack
11th July 2016, 03:23 PM
Everything is up and set, especially things that you might never had the chance to experience before:
NegCon controller for Wip3out and W3SE (and 2097 for PSX if dreamerx brings his copy)
WipEout and WipEout 2097 for Sega Saturn (hitting the wall won't stop and flip your craft)
BallisticNG (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9936), both versions 0.1 and 0.4 (successfully imported WipEout and 2097 crafts).
(if anyone brings an N64 we could play WipEout 64)
Current weather forecasts are 22 to 26 °C.

Those who're coming on Thursday already: can you give me a loose time of arrival? I can manage to be here at 16:00 without problems, but an earlier time would also be possible.

J.666
13th July 2016, 07:22 PM
Will be there between 16:00 and 18:00 l will bring 2 pizzaquiches.. Will share with everybody who likes pizza and quiche 😀

AmigoJack
14th July 2016, 07:48 PM
quicheNever ate those before - looking forward. :)

Mad-Ice
17th July 2016, 06:26 AM
Hi all,

Finally I am having the right feeling to post here again. It has been a rollercoaster here. Family and work have been so busy. The school where I have been working for 11 years is closed now forever. There is a new rule from the gouvernement that is called: fitting education. I worked with children with special needs. Coming school year all the children with special needs will just stay in regular schools. We will see, what the future will bring for them and the schools?!

I am very happy to have found a new job. It was very tough this last year and emotional to say goodbye to the children, colleagues and building.

Today I feel free and there is room for new things, especially meeting you all. I am so looking forward to this.

See you all Thursday :)

Greetz Mad-Ice

J.666
18th July 2016, 08:38 AM
Bohh dutch politics :/

Cya all in 3 days :D

AmigoJack
19th July 2016, 12:29 AM
Checked my equipment and everything is working so far:
Saturn with both WipEouts,
PS2 with W3SE and NegCon,
PS3 with HD/Fury online, and
PSP with Pure and Pulse. (in that order)I'm in no shape at all. Caught LsDre and Mad online 2 hours ago after not having played HD for ...2 years or even longer - just wanted to check everything is still working. Need to revisit all the tracks to get a feeling again at least on that game.

@DreamerX: give a time and place of your arrival and we'll pick you up.

Mad-Ice
19th July 2016, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the races yesterday: LsDre86, Red_Ricky_ and Thorinx. Last week I came across LsDre86 too and we had some races. For me it was two years ago that I played HD / Fury too. Rusty as can be, yesterday I was slowly getting warm, the slower speed classes are very difficult for me in my Ag-systems, so swichted to Icaras, that was so much better. When we finally sped up to phantom I felt more comfortable and could give a better fight.

I talked to LsDre86 and Cipher and they are coming around 16:00 hours at your place AmigoJack.

Red_Ricky_ is not able to come and I also text a message to the mobile phonenumber of Dreamerx, but he did not reply yet.

Only two nights now :)

dreamerx
19th July 2016, 11:57 AM
Guys, I'm extremely sorry. Unfortunately I'm unable to go this time. Sorry for telling you this so late. For the last moment I thought I will be able to make it somehow. There are few things that are blocking me. I'm unable to take Thursday and Friday off at work... also money are also the issue. I've had few unplanned expenses during last few months and I need to save...

@Mad-Ice I've changed mobile phone number around 3 years ago and I didn't recieved your message - sorry :(

Have a great time during convention guys :)

AmigoJack
19th July 2016, 05:06 PM
Gnah, too bad you can't come. But now we know, that's good as well.

Then everybody will arrive by car, and everybody will be here on thursday already. Sounds like the smallest convention ever, but we seem to even get one TV per player (LsDre, Cipher, Mad, Rennfisch, me... that just leaves i.e. Flint without TV - I have an analogue TV, but the HD/Fury display is stretched thru it, as if you'd stretch 16:10 to 4:3). But as right now we also have one PS3 less than persons it fits again. However: LsDre wrote (http://web189.102.hosttech.eu/w8/index.php?t=state) he could also bring additional PS3s and TVs, so if Rennfisch/Flint are two persons bringing only 1 TV and 1 PS3 but want to play both, then we could solve this easily using arithmetics. ;)

Cipher's additional router is important, as we need an additional one. And whoever got it: a LAN cable is never wrong to bring.

As I said to others: if you're nearing my house and you spot a chance to park your car on the lane: do it. It should relax a bit during the weekend, tho, and you don't have to pay anywhere. I said "lane" because all parking spots off the street are private ones, which is usually also indicated as such. At least one spot is free directly near the entrance of my house - first come first serve. Either call me when you're in front of the house or just ring the bell.

JFthebestJan
20th July 2016, 01:27 AM
hey amigo, could you plz pm me your exact address, it seems to be that i get my free days. i could attend on thursday, and bring ps4, ps3 x2, pstv x2, psvita and monitor and ethernet cable...
when is the best time to arive? 16.00? or earlier or later

DIXI200
20th July 2016, 07:04 AM
Special greeting to all the boys of "FRANKFURT" meeting and fun for everyone :D UP :+

Mad-Ice
20th July 2016, 07:05 AM
@Dreamerx: that's too bad. Now you have make sure you will be there next year. Take care matey.

@JFthebestJan: great that you are going to attend. Looking forward to meet you.

Greetz Mad-Ice

J.666
20th July 2016, 08:54 AM
Since jan brings 2 tv's and an extra ps3 is it needed for me to bring additional tv's/ps3?

JFthebestJan
20th July 2016, 12:08 PM
at j.666: i bring just one pc monitor, sry.
- ps3 x2
- pstv x2
- psvita x1
- ps4 x1
- LAN cable x1

J.666
20th July 2016, 12:35 PM
Ahh ok, just called my bro for that extra ps3 but he's in france atm with no spare key somewhere around me, so the extra ps3 is off. I can however bring an extra monitor. Not a very big one 22 inch. Cya all tommorow :)

AmigoJack
20th July 2016, 02:11 PM
@Jan: Sent my address. :)

@Dre: Since neither Rennfisch nor Flint replied just decide on your own. I mean: just do what you're able and what you want to do. I guess we have to make 2 division either way, and that would not require a TV for everyone in parallel.

@all: I'll be there at 16:00 o'clock tomorrow, maybe even a bit earlier. That's because I'll directly come from work. I wonder if anyone will already wait and spot me. ;)

Mad-Ice
22nd July 2016, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone,

A small update: yesterday everybody arrived around 16:30. Apple-Guy-Cipher was the first to arrive and LsDre and I drove together from Utrecht, the Netherlands. Directly followed by Jfthebestjan, Rennfisch and Flint. We immediately had great fun getting to know eachother. Almost forgot to eat. Around 20:00 we arranged a nice set-up for the PS3's and screens. AmigoJack has a very nice appartement with enough room for everyone to game and sleep.

Wipeout HD Fury Tournament results from last night are:

Apple-Guy-Cipher 169
LsDre86 132
Mad-Ice 125
Jfthebestjan 119
AmigoJack 76
Rennfisch 41
Flint 23

So for the first night it already was great fun and fighty races. C y'all later, greetz Mad-Ice

DIXI200
22nd July 2016, 12:16 PM
Greetings to all participants ... All right Alex? :beer

Mad-Ice
23rd July 2016, 03:59 PM
Thanks DIXI200 :)

We are still having great fun here! Yesterday we were slowly waking up and went to the city centre of Frankfurt. Walked around in the city and along the river. Then we went to AmigoJack's place to practise some Pure. Afterwards we went to a nice Thai restaurant and had a very nice meal.

Then the Tournament of Pure started and Dre, Rennfisch and Flint agreed on Flash for their own tournament. Apple-Guy-Cipher, Jfthebestjan, AmigoJack and I went for phantom. All 28 tracks in ad-hoc mode. Crazy races with so much fun.

Results:

Mad-Ice 224
AmigoJack 131
Apple-Guy-Cipher 129
Jfthebestjan 114
Flint 64
Rennfisch 54
LsDre 42

So for the averages I divided all the points from HD/FURY by 24 and all the points from Pure by 28. This way you will get an honest balance between games. This will give you the average points per track per game which leads into the following results:

Mad-Ice 13,21
Apple-Guy-Cipher 11,65
Jfthebestjan 9,03
AmigoJack 7,85
LsDre 7
Rennfisch 3,64
Flint 3,25

More updates later. Now we are going out for dinner and will be back for the Pulse Tournament tonight.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Cipher
24th July 2016, 02:41 AM
FYI; WipeoutCon is AWESOOOOMMMEEEE!!! :rock :rock :rock

Mad-Ice
24th July 2016, 08:45 AM
It so is Cipher :)

Yesterday we stayed around the appartement. We only went out in the morning for coffee and bread and in the evening for a nice Italian meal.

We talked and played PS1 Wipeout, trained some Pulse for the tournament and some HD/FURY because we can ;)

For the tournament we met Jfthebestjan via ad-hoc party PS3 to connect our Psps. The Pulse warm-up races started very intense with some weapons off races on Talons Junction White. So close with Jfthebestjan, Apple-Guy-Cipher, AmigoJack and I. Finally Jfthebestjan got the fastest time in the qualification, well done Jfthebestjan.

Rennfisch, Flint and LsDre agreed on doing the Pulse tournament in Flash speed class, because they had so much fun with Flash in Pure too. Rennfisch kicked both men in Pulse, well done Rennfisch.

Results from last night Pulse tournament :

Mad-Ice 186
Jfthebestjan 145
AmigoJack 103
Apple-Guy-Cipher 95
Rennfisch 65
LsDre 41
Flint 37

The Final results of this year's EWC consist of HD/FURY, PURE and PULSE are:

Mad-Ice 20,96
Apple-Guy-Cipher 15,61
Jfthebestjan 15,07
AmigoJack 12,14
LsDre 8,71
Rennfisch 6,35
Flint 4,79

Thank you all for being here in Frankfurt and thanks to everyone who has been following this thread.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Cipher
24th July 2016, 03:04 PM
Hope everyone got home safe! :)

A big thanks to our host AmigoJack for allowing us to stay at his apartment and organising everything together with Mad-Ice!!
Also thank you everyone who was there, i had a really great time, was a blast!! Miss you guys already :D

Best Event Ever!!!

Rennfisch
24th July 2016, 03:49 PM
Finally we also arrived at home after nearly 4 hours driving. The traffic jam was killing me!

It was a great convention, hope to see you next year! :g

Flint Fandango
24th July 2016, 04:07 PM
Yes, we finally arrived!

First of all, I want to thank AmigoJack for providing his apartment and all the management during the convention!
The convention itself was great fun and I was really delighted to have met all the participants in real life. All of you are amiable people and great contenders as well! :)
We had a lot of fun together, so I hope we can get up another convention in the future! :+

stin
24th July 2016, 04:58 PM
I`m glad you all had a blast! :) I`m hoping to go next year!

stevie:)

J.666
24th July 2016, 05:57 PM
I had such a wonderfull time :) l want to thank everybody again for coming and for being great company, you guys all have a lovely soul. A special thanks to amigojack for his hospitality. Really hope to see everybody again at the next convention :D

Mad-Ice
24th July 2016, 08:16 PM
So cool to read all your comments on the convention. This afternoon I brought LsDre to his car nearby Utrecht and went to see my family in a holidaypark. We ate there together with three other families, so it was immediately another convention. Gave everyone a psp and vita and...Just kidding. Anyway, after dinner we finally went home. We put the kids to bed and now me and my wife's are sitting in the garden. All good :) just wanted to let you all know I am safe at home. For now, big up to everyone who attended and especially a big up to AmigoJack for letting all us crazy Wipers in his appartement again.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Cipher
25th July 2016, 02:04 PM
I just realised we forgot to exchange pictures/videos, i'll send out a link to you guys via PM with all the JPGs either today or tomorrow, somewhere in the next couple weeks i will add edited/filtered ones here on WZ in an album ;) (have to set everything back up first and find the time to edit), the youtube vids will probably take a while as well >.>

Good to hear everyone got home safe!

Found out the lag on my tv is ~60-100 milliseconds in game mode, so the lag we noticed in Pure, 2048 with the PS VitaTV & 2097, Wip3out with the PS1 was probably caused by the TV, can't believe i've been playing HD/Fury like this, crazy!! >.<
So to anyone who played on my TV, don't worry about your performance, you're better than you think you are :D

JFthebestJan
25th July 2016, 03:37 PM
...Found out the lag on my tv is ~60-100 milliseconds in game mode, so the lag we noticed in Pure, 2048 with the PS VitaTV & 2097, Wip3out with the PS1 was probably caused by the TV...

as i said to you already on Thursday, that input lag is definitely not normal xD
try to find a way to activate your TVs PC-mode, then everything will work absolutely flawlessly, cause all the gizmos will be inactive in PC-mode ;) that's what i did with my samsung TV.

btt: im glad everybody got home without any hassle. the convention was awesome, it was a pleasure to be a part of it and to met each of you in person. BIG THX to AmigoJack for giving us a place where we could feel at home . and congratulations again to Mad-Ice for kicking all of our asses ;) i hope you'll have fun with the prize you got, you deserved to win the whole tournament

Mad-Ice
25th July 2016, 03:40 PM
Thanks in advance for the pictures and vids.

About the lag on your TV: thank God I am better than I am thinking about myself. I have got big problems being self confident ;)

But I fear the time when you are able to get a new TV without lag. Brrrr, you will be even faster than you are already now, HELP!!!!

Edit: Thanks Jfthebestjan, I will enjoy the prize for sure! And indeed it was a pleasure to meet everyone in person. Ewc's \,,/(-_-)\,,/

AmigoJack
25th July 2016, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear everybody arrived home safely. I had great fun meeting the 4 new guys, and also the old ones as well - it really doesn't matter how good you're at playing to enjoy a convention: this has been proven for the 8th time in a row.

While this one was a bit more stressful to me (more hassle with my super sensitive floor which sadly got a few scratches; a bathroom that was flooded in areas I can't even imagine why there should be water - I vacuumed it and without expecting it I sucked water thru it; trying to keeping the noise down should be no fun killer, yet I have to do so) it also was an improved one: more people were able to sleep at my place; we had more space to play; I could finally serve WiFi for the pauses; more options to go eating or letting deliver it; more parking space available with one space being guaranteed; and a bigger balcony serving as pit lane thru the tournaments.

An interesting feature was Cipher's ability to capture races - something we already did in 2009, but now we were also able to do it in PURE and PULSE and W3SE and 2097! Rendering the videos into a commonly known format turns out to be difficult and needs time, but it surely is worth it. F.e. we found out that on the PURE track "Paris Hair" at the end split the face in the middle is actually following the craft - something I never recognized while playing it on the PSP - but thanks to a big screen I finally noticed. Who knows which other details are hidden in all the tracks! So me and Cipher also raced each W3SE track in the night from 02:00 to 04:00 just to have it recorded. And that's also when we found out about the lag, as we switched monitors and then had a much lower output lag.

Right now my parents are with me (they knew and it was planned that they arrive at the day when the convention ended), so it might take me a while until I selected all the photos and videos I made. I'll post back when I'm done with this, and will also scan the two tournament sheets that have been left here (mine and Rennfisch).

So far nobody seems to have forgotten something - haven't found anything that does not belong to me. ;) The weather is the same as with us: you easily sweat.

I can only recommend joining the next convention - even if it costs you money to do the journey or book a hostel you'll surely enjoy your time. Looking ahead for the next one in 2017! If no place is found, it could be here again. :)

Cipher
26th July 2016, 01:59 PM
Sorry about the floor Michael, i had noticed the water as well on Saturday, wondering what happened before me lol (At the washing machine right?), but thank you again for the hospitality!
I think i might organise one of these in the future, but it won't be for next year, need to find a place to settle first :p

I'm currently exporting the HD/Fury part of the tournament for video editing so they will go up in the near future, the pictures i'm also going to start transferring and then uploading, expect a PM with the link somewhere today ;)

Flint Fandango
26th July 2016, 08:16 PM
@AmigoJack: Again, thank you so much for everything! You were a great host and a nice person as well.
We will definitely host a convention in the future, although our floor is even more sensitive. Along these lines, I regret that your floor got scratched and also want to apologize for this mishap! Please excuse me. :paperbag

@Cipher: Thanks a ton, I just took a look at the photos! You´re a great photographer - I really cherish the 'Fish-Eye-Lens' ones. I rejoice over the fact, that I have such an awesome rememberance, thanks to you! :) I´m looking forward to watch the videos.

I´d love to see all of you (and maybe even more members) next time! I´m really happy that I had the chance to participate in 2016!

Cipher
27th July 2016, 06:02 PM
Hehe, it's funny, most people i know don't like the fisheye lens (i love it though xD), gives a new perspective on things, glad you like them! :)

@JF i'm sorry we forgot to take a group picture when you were still around, it completely slipped my mind :(
You were also correct about the PC thingy, it's a different button for me, but found out how to do it, feels much better now ;)

Cipher
1st August 2016, 11:25 PM
Apologies for the double post, but as an FYI for those who are not subscribed to my Youtube, i've been uploading the HD/Fury part of the tournament to the innywebs step by step (wanted to do some fancy editing >.<)
I have 4 done so far (5th one is rendering) but i'ma keep uploading them at intervals to give myself some headroom in case i don't manage to keep up with the pace of releases, currently i'm aiming for 1 vid every day made public at midnight CET, but it might become a bi-daily thing

A playlist with all videos is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7tqN5kDpIzEyEVtZpkxXHzc9BMMlUdNn

@Amigojack i'll upload no music versions to your server (once it works xD) (which would allow you to delete the massive uncompressed HD/Fury recordings and free up quite a bit of disk space, unless you cherish loading screens and what not :p)
Or, if you don't mind the music for archiving, i can send those (or both i guess)

JFthebestJan
8th December 2016, 04:09 PM
we need a convention in 2017 to celebrate the launch of omega collection ;) would be the first time, that we can play 2048 on BIG screen against each other...interest anyone?

stin
10th December 2016, 04:29 PM
as far l'm aware mad-ice is working on it, but as long l do believe it will be a tenth anniversary which therefor l will be there hopefully. Possibly in Amsterdam same place!

stevie 😆

Mad-Ice
11th December 2016, 01:19 PM
Something is cooking in my kitchen 😎 :)

stin
11th December 2016, 07:16 PM
yes, l was cooking medium rare steak just for you lol!

honestly, if it's on tenth anniversary l will be there in Amsterdam 😉
stevie :)

Cipher
13th January 2017, 12:57 PM
Does someone have the pure tournament points for Dre, Rennfish & Flint? Like, the score between every 4 race tournaments, as we weren't in the lobby, i don't have them recorded, but i'd like to add you 3 in the video regardless ;)

AmigoJack
15th January 2017, 11:01 AM
I only got Flint and Renn (and mine). LsD must have taken his sheet, so I can't serve with that one.
Here are front and back of both:

https://abload.de/thumb/ewc8flint1lmjrx.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=ewc8flint1lmjrx.jpg) https://abload.de/thumb/ewc8flint2lmkwg.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=ewc8flint2lmkwg.jpg) https://abload.de/thumb/ewc8renn1wykex.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=ewc8renn1wykex.jpg) https://abload.de/thumb/ewc8renn2bej8o.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=ewc8renn2bej8o.jpg)

Cipher
15th January 2017, 04:44 PM
Cheers Michael, i could deduct Dre's points from having flint & renn's positions, except, there's 1 problem, on the last race, the last tournament, both flint & renn claim to have gotten 2nd place :D :D :D
I asked Dre, but he no longer has his paper and can't recall what position he had on 123Klan :P

I'll pop Renn & Flint a message to ask ;-)

Flint Fandango
15th January 2017, 08:48 PM
We can´t remember our positions either, sorry. I guess we´ll have to race that track again or cast a dice. ;)

stin
21st January 2017, 06:43 AM
Officially, I won`t be there this convention or possibly next year, seriously I`m so gutted.

stevie :(