PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary of WipEout - 29th of September 2015

AGgamer
27th August 2015, 07:42 PM
A 20th anniversary doesn't happen everyday.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :rock

Does anyone have any plans to celebrate this upcoming Anti-Gravity holiday? Maybe we should organize an event or something.

Red_Ricky
28th August 2015, 05:26 AM
Well i am celebrating this with my own birthday lol

blackwiggle
28th August 2015, 07:16 AM
Maybe a 20th Anniversary AVALON event?

If I remember correctly, there is a way to emulate some of the old Wipeout games that had PSone to PSone link functionality, to be played online.

Since a lot of us are involved one way or another with the Formula Fusion Test Pilot Program, or Kickstarter......we have upgraded our PC's to participate.....it wouldn't take much to get something like this happening.

After a quick search I found it was tried, that was in 2011.....see post....maybe things have improved since then?
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7989-Wip3out-ePSXe-Online-Multiplayer

stinkleroy
28th August 2015, 12:02 PM
I'm in for anything console related ;) My beloved WipEout is 20, wow that makes me feel old but in a good way :)

Dylan061997
28th August 2015, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking the same as you blackwiggle for avalon xD , or maybe a 24h open lobby :g xD , maybe too long i guess

Cipher
28th August 2015, 02:09 PM
We could extend the friday sessions over the whole weekend that period, however i'm not sure if i'll be around as i usually go visit the mum's over the weekend ;)

Cipher

stinkleroy
28th August 2015, 02:19 PM
Well I'll set up a weekend bonanza, i'd like to stretch it across the whole weekend like the Avalons of old, but I'm gonna need help from you guys, guaranteed hosts who will keep going until zombiedom hits.
I'll need a show of hands before I can organise anything so if you want in for the weekend of 25th, let me know :)

Cipher
28th August 2015, 02:25 PM
If i'm home the weekend i'll be there ;)
But no promises, i don't live by schedules :P

Cipher

stinkleroy
28th August 2015, 04:26 PM
Lol I need promises, that's the point. There's no way I can run this on my own so need people to pledge to be there for sure, but thanks anyway mate :)

AdHoc
28th August 2015, 04:35 PM
An anniversary when there's no one to help us celebrate. No possible outlook on the future, just nostalgia.

To me this calls for a petition more than anything else. I don't like celebrating the dead, but I like to fight for survival!

Xpand
28th August 2015, 08:52 PM
I'd keep my eyes on SSGX and BallisticNG for the surprises.

AGgamer
28th August 2015, 09:31 PM
Edge Magazine seems to be aware of the occasion.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/i602693-8/edge-20th-anniversary-covers-wipeout.html#~pmH4KF9cv1dvDT

Not much else out there though.

Cipher
28th August 2015, 09:44 PM
^That's not what that one is about, it was the 20th anniversary for the magazine itself and had multiple special covers

I've been searching for that one everywhere, but can't find it :/

Cipher

Cipher
29th August 2015, 10:48 AM
Lol I need promises, that's the point. There's no way I can run this on my own so need people to pledge to be there for sure, but thanks anyway mate :)

I don't at all mind hosting, i just don't know what my plans will be that weekend, although i could say i reserve the weekend, my parents will probably want me to come over (as usual :p ), or some other thing will interrupt my plans
So can't promise up until a couple days ahead ;)

Cipher

EDIT; WOOOOOOPS!!! Didn't realise i had already posted in here, sorry for the double!! (And who removed the "delete post" option???, i'm sure it was available at one point o_O)

Dylan061997
7th September 2015, 10:12 AM
So what's the point guys for 29th september? :)

stinkleroy
9th September 2015, 10:56 AM
Well I'm just gonna extend the Flyabout to include Saturday and part of Sunday I reckon, on the weekend of 25th as it's also HD's 7th anniversary then too (aw). But like I said, I will need some help from you guys but it should be doable :)

Cipher
9th September 2015, 10:59 AM
I shall try, but again, no promises, sry! :P

EDIT; which weekend is this then? 26th-27th or 3d-4th?

Cipher

dreadofmondays
10th September 2015, 03:20 AM
Hey Cipher, I've come to the same idea as you independently haha
I'm going to organise a race event for the 26th-27th weekend. I've made a FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/849214518480044/

I'm hoping that people will get involved and for the offline wOs, be sharing times and records and stuff, for the two online ones i'm hoping to run some race meetups and tournaments. I'm looking for guys who can help me run this, is anyone interested?

Also, is it alright if I start a new thread with this information in the 1st post? Or would the forumites prefer we stick with this one? (I'd like to make a new one )

Hellfire_WZ
10th September 2015, 07:26 AM
Make a new one in the Arena as it's specifically for an event :)

Cipher
10th September 2015, 10:10 AM
@Dread same answer as for Cat, i shall try, i'm not sure if i can make it yet ;)
It's Cat's idea btw, i'm not taking the credit for it :p *shuvs cat in front* :D

Cipher

Dylan061997
10th September 2015, 11:08 AM
i'm in for all this event / week a little to Wipeout the 1st , Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout HD / Fury :g , did we make a chat on ps3 for this event or go to "dat wipeout game" or another? :)

Red_Ricky
10th September 2015, 05:27 PM
I'd like to be in the chat. I am gonna try to attend but that depends if i can get some proper internet with my PS3, but chatting would still be nice may i not turn up.

Hybrid Divide
15th September 2015, 10:17 PM
I might have proper internet at home by then. I'd love to play, too!

MAVERICK
29th September 2015, 10:56 AM
It's living at full speed with constant-high-paced-hammering-beats invading your brain, and you have to focus because everything moves fast, really fast. Even the emotions. "Adrenaline Amplified" as concept, expression, way of being, attitude, or whatever you wanna call it. Twenty years later and and I'm still here, enjoying every moment of it; and that's my personal vision of what WipEout is.

onlykpop
29th September 2015, 11:43 AM
Even though I was only able to make it Sunday, much fun was had! Glad to see you guys still holding down the WO fort~

P.s. Nice 20th anniversary vids on youtube ;)

Xpand
29th September 2015, 09:51 PM
Here's my tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ6U3XFH3z8