PDA

View Full Version : WipEout original vs Platinum

amber
8th August 2003, 08:00 AM
Hi all!

Just curious; I remember the first time I ever played WipEout on PS back in 1995 and was struck by the great soundtrack featuring among others Chemical Brothers, favourites of mine back then. So when I finally got it for myself not long ago I noticed that the Chemical Brothers track was missing and I couldn't figure out why - was my memory fading? Off course I found the answer here - I had probably played the Platinum version of WipEout and this leads me to the question:
When was WipEout Platinum orginally released? Is it possible that I actually played the Platinum version as *early* as I actually did?

Anyway, WipEout still rocks my world and being a game seven years old it had certainly aged with grace.

xEik
8th August 2003, 09:40 AM
GameFaqs is your friend. :D
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/20443.html
It seems it was released in 1997. Maybe you travelled in time? :o :wink:

TYSON
30th January 2004, 10:53 PM
Not sure about the sound tracks, but I'm wondering about something else, in the original Pal version of Wipeout, I remember getting the wrong picture for one of the pilots when you win. Wonder if it was fixed with the platinum release?

Anyone have a clue what i'm on about? lol
:wink:

seek
31st January 2004, 09:29 AM
It seems it was released in 1997. Maybe you travelled in time? :o :wink:
WO first came out back in 1995. It was the platinum version which was released in 1997.

Lance
31st January 2004, 03:12 PM
the platinum version is the one xEik was referring to