PDA

View Full Version : NEW CONTEST. Everyone is already involved!

JABBERJAW
5th August 2003, 01:13 AM
I will be putting up a new challenge shortly for all versions of wipeout 3, including the japanese version of the game. Everyone who has ever entered a time on the tables is already entered. I will be putting up the rules sometime this week, and the contest will probably last until the end of january. This should be a very fun challenge. Just a hint of what it's about. Everything counts.

I think some of the times on the forum are going to improve dramatically.

AmishRobot
5th August 2003, 02:38 AM
Everyone who has ever entered a time on the tables is already entered.

So... how am I doing?
:D

JABBERJAW
6th August 2003, 01:11 AM
Once I give you the details you will be able to figure it out. I'll only do this at the end of the contest in that it will take a bit of time to figure.

Vasudeva
10th August 2003, 09:57 AM
Good that it runs till January because I'm in my cramming sessions for my re-exams now :-S. I'd hate to miss this opportunity :p.

Peace,
V.

zargz
11th August 2003, 10:22 AM
I suggest u Xclude the jap game coz:
1. no tables for that 1around here
2. it would only be Xtra points for you .. and me - I happen to have it too (and b able 2play it)

JABBERJAW
12th August 2003, 12:39 AM
since this is only a limited amount of this version I would have no problem distributing it to people who have a modded psx and one of the regular versions of the game(like having a backup), and it's impossible to find. I am going to include it though because this contest is everything wipeout 3. People with any japanese times on the tables however need to inform me of this so I can make corrections. There are some time differences between american and japanese. More turbo scraping in american, but icarus is better on most phantom speed tracks on japanese, so I'm going to adjust one or two of my times on the tables before I start. I'm also going to check the japanese site to see if they want to compete. There will be points totals for all the versions individually and as a whole. THanks for the suggestion though. I'm going to start this on september first with the rules. Also, only a few people have all the versions anyways, so the overall points score is going to be weighted to the people with the most versions.

zargz
22nd August 2003, 05:50 PM
is it gonna b SR and TT? ('_'?)

DJ Techno
24th September 2003, 02:07 PM
And Zoolander...

When does this start?

JABBERJAW
24th September 2003, 11:49 PM
Sorry for the delay. I am going to start this in january due to my wedding coming up in a few weeks. It is sill going to happen. It includes all versions, all entries.

Roger
25th September 2003, 08:35 AM
...due to my wedding coming up in a few weeks.
Hey, congratulations in advance! :P
I wish you all the best in the days and years to come.

Got married last year myself. To make it easy to remember our anniversary, we picked an easy date: February second (020202! 8) )

jmoid
25th September 2003, 09:26 AM
Yeah, good for you Al, congratulations!

Lance
25th September 2003, 04:22 PM
i wonder if anyone ever picks 020229 as a way to be economically efficient. [yes, i am one of the unmarried, and for me to be able to even think of such an idea proves that i am evil. :) ]

congratulations, Al. much happiness to both of you.

xEik
27th September 2003, 02:04 PM
Al, getting married? :o

(Getting connected on pay-per-time dial-up. See you, probably, next week ;) )

JABBERJAW
25th November 2003, 10:37 PM
I'm started to get settled down here, so the contest is still on, thanks for being patient

Lance
25th November 2003, 11:10 PM
no problem at all, Al; we know you've been involved with more important things.
Also, right now the tables visible online are in chaos till Rob gets the new code worked out, so all times table activity is on hold

zargz
26th November 2003, 08:49 PM
oh my oh my .. so now al's got a life huh! (^______^)

Hybrid Divide
1st December 2003, 10:33 PM
I'm slightly late on the bandwagon, but Congrats Al! :D
Hope everything went well! 8)

JABBERJAW
2nd December 2003, 12:25 AM

satriani
20th May 2004, 08:54 PM
What happened next? I need pointing in the right direction coz I'm a bit lost :o

infoxicated
20th May 2004, 09:48 PM
Al was dragging it out so long I think he even forgot what it was meant to be! :lol:

JABBERJAW
21st May 2004, 02:02 AM
just post your best times, and that will be fine. It won't conclude for awhile.

satriani
21st May 2004, 06:50 AM
:P I will crack my knuckles and get down to it then. Thanks guys.

phantom
1st September 2005, 01:21 PM
just a q: i posted an entry, but it never got onto the tables. am i still eligible for this, of do i have to get on the tables first???