PDA

View Full Version : Having a tough time with some tracks...

adam917
3rd August 2003, 05:33 PM
These:
7. Vostock Island
8. Spilanskinanke (sp?)

Compared to the previous tracks (even in Challenge I (one)), I can't even navigate through these! V.I. is just a bunch of pieces so, you're jumping all over the place and making turns about 3-5 seconds before they actually come. To top it off, you're going at over 200 km/h.

Number 8 is another tough one and to me, it's the hardest track in the game thus far. There are many areas where you can't see where you are going and you have to make some 90 degree turns that you can't even see in mid-air.

On both of these tracks, it's hard to get most weapons to work due to the fact that the tracks have a lot of jumps and twisty turns. So, can anyone help me out here? What's the best ship to use on these tracks? I just got this game 3 days ago and I already beat Challenge I and tried the 2 tracks out this morning (current time as of this writing: 2003-08-03 13:36 UTC-04).

I have a question:

What happens after you beat Challenge II (two) and get the Pirahana (sp?) team ship? I heard of and noticed on the track record screen a "Red Bull" but, is this yet another mode like the 2 Challenges?

Task
5th August 2003, 02:45 AM
Hmmm... First off, your difficulty with track 7 & 8 stem entirely from the "only owned it for 3 days" thing. This game is supposed to be challenging, keep practicing.

After you beat Challenge 2... you're "done". All that's left for you to do is to save your game under a new slot and destroy all your old times with the new-and-vastly-superior Pirhana. You can try out the Animal Ships code, but that's pretty much it...

adam917
5th August 2003, 05:20 AM
Hmmm... First off, your difficulty with track 7 & 8 stem entirely from the "only owned it for 3 days" thing. This game is supposed to be challenging, keep practicing.

After you beat Challenge 2... you're "done". All that's left for you to do is to save your game under a new slot and destroy all your old times with the new-and-vastly-superior Pirhana. You can try out the Animal Ships code, but that's pretty much it...

OK, I'll keep practicing as "practice makes perfect". Where does that "Red Bull" come in that I've heard about in USA Tips & Tricks video game magazine (1996-12 issue, I think) after Challenge II has been beaten?

[2003-08-05 05:23 UTC]

gucci_little_piggy
5th January 2004, 03:44 PM
i think they just put that so they don't show any bias to any certain team. but you know they did all of those times with auricom, i mean, come on. :D

Shem
5th January 2004, 04:06 PM
Hey, Task, what the eck is this Animal Ship cheat code? I heard about it some time ago, I'm sure I have it written down somewhere, but it seems not to work! Damn - this is the last thing I wanted to know about WO2097, and since I have the occasion to ask U about it....

Task
5th January 2004, 08:12 PM
It turns the ships into animals. You can fly the FEISAR racing snail or the Pirhana shark. Float like a butterfly in the Auricom bee. Wallow in the Qirex pig. Or something like that.
It's funny. I haven't the slightest clue what the actual code is, if you're looking for codes go check gamefaqs.

gucci_little_piggy
5th January 2004, 09:52 PM
you could try a psx cheat site, thats where i found it. i don't know it anymore, i would have given it to you

Shem
5th January 2004, 10:06 PM
thanks !

xEik
5th January 2004, 10:09 PM
Sorry to correct you Task but I can't help showing off with this kind of W'O" trivia. :D

FEISAR > A bee
AG-5Y5 > A snail with afterburners
Auricom > An alien on a silly spaceship
Qirex > A flying pig
Piranha > A shark

Qirex always makes me think of the English saying "And pigs might fly..." :lol:

Lance
6th January 2004, 04:16 AM
i love the snail and the pig

Wiseman
11th January 2004, 08:18 AM
I always liked the shark's tail swaying like it was swimming.

But yeah, the pig always reminded me of the "When pigs fly!" saying as well. :lol:

yuusen
21st January 2004, 03:55 PM
_
adam : try it with different controllers. the last two tracks are killers to master, i havent come close to fully mastering the final one yet.

i personally use a neGcon as it gives the most appropriate level of control for this game, steering wheels are too cumbersome and dont allow for fast turning, which is the name of the game after all. set you neGcon to a high sensitivity and keep practising.

good luck!
_
¥

Shinji Ikari
25th January 2004, 04:50 PM
These:
7. Vostock Island
8. Spilanskinanke (sp?)

I remember them being really hard at first...

A few important things might be:

-mind the nose! the big difference between track 7 & 8 and the rest is that you REALLY have to follow the road also "vertically"

-the start is essential... you should practice on start because it's a good chance to overtake on the first 4 opponents or so... turbo boost on start is a MUST... you oughta master it

-speed ups: do not always pass over them... more speed is more trickiness... not sure you could need it now... also try to use them to see the track in the dark: those 3 speedups are really useful to me in spilskinanke, in that narrow tunnel

G'Kyl
1st March 2004, 02:51 PM
[quote=adam917]also try to use them to see the track in the dark: those 3 speedups are really useful to me in spilskinanke, in that narrow tunnel

Yea well, it's a damn pitty they don't have weapons and stuff in time trials. I always use them to see better in tunnels in normal races. :)

Ben

Lance
1st March 2004, 04:55 PM
the first time i tried Spilskinanke, and the second time, too, i thought ''Woah! this is imPOSSible! but last week whilst acclimatising myself to neGcon, i used a Feisar and just started racing over and over onn Phantom class, and bingo, this is now my favourite track. at least on WO2, and one of my overall faves, too. okay, so i probably can't properly pilot a Qirex or even an Auricom on it yet, but at least there's hope that i'll learn. and yes, i had the gall to enter my Feisar times on the records tables. :)
thus exposing myself to laughter. but i'm giving myself laughs racing on this track, so that's okay