PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new WipeoutZone forums

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 02:26 PM
Free, fast and hosted on the same server as the main site.

Members, I give you, the WipeoutZone forums! :smile:

inFoxicated

threestarzero
7th February 2002, 02:54 PM
Cool. Is this replacing the existing forum?

Makes little sense to run the two in parallel seeing as the sections are all the same...

threestarzero
7th February 2002, 02:58 PM
Sorry, wrote that before I read the post in the other forum...

:smile:

Thantosdarkside
7th February 2002, 03:33 PM
Nice boards Infox! ^_^

This is great!
Well, I had something to say but I forgot what it was. Oh well.

Have fun playing Fusion everyone. And keep your fingers crossed for an NTSC version soon.

Thantosdarkside OUT

threestarzero
7th February 2002, 03:43 PM
NTSC, what's that... :razz: j/k

I'm assuming you're still open to suggestions Foxy, being that this new board is still embrionic - the only thing I'd say is that the white text is tricky to read against the lighter of the two greys in the message posts.

JMO, of course.

BenjaminSoulé
7th February 2002, 04:06 PM
This forum is great !
I hope I will progress in english and talk more with the members here.

Thanks for linking the Flash WO game I made, i'm sorry i have no time to finish it :smile:

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 04:10 PM
I'm still making changes to the forum, so if weird things happen - that's why! :smile:

Wamdue
7th February 2002, 04:49 PM
neato!

Hyper Shadow
7th February 2002, 04:52 PM
Nice looking forum. Looks like it could be a promising move.

Just a few little questions though, is there a button to press like the 'Mark forum read' on the ezboard? Also will we be getting ranks, they were a neat little touch.

Heres to the next generation of WipErs!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hyper Shadow on 2002-02-07 17:56 ]</font>

FishDK
7th February 2002, 04:52 PM
what the heck!?

i had to re register....oh well...
maybe the changes were the reason why I had a hard time DL wallpapers.

We need more of those wallpapers - they are kickass.

Í was gonna surf the boards in answer to my quest*on but now it's all gone...

SO the question is: when will Fusion come to the US?

<>< F I S H ><>

jmoid
7th February 2002, 07:34 PM
this forum rocks. you coded this from scratch? that's pretty impressive.

full on respect, another fine job! :smile:

and it works fine in opera too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jmoid on 2002-02-07 20:35 ]</font>

Lance
7th February 2002, 07:56 PM
Rob, you've made good on your promise/threat [ :smile: ]

hi everybody

hm, is there a subject line so we can title a post? i don't see one here. no, i don't have my contact lenses in.

^

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 08:13 PM
Lance - sadly it doesn't look like there is a subject line in this forum, but there are loads of other features that could be quite useful - like a search and the ability to instant message people.

I didn't code this by myself - that would have taken forever, it's a free forum - the only disadvantage is it's a bit tricky to customise, but I've nicely butchered it now!

I hope we can make the transition to this board, as it should be faster and more importantly, free! :smile:

Thruster2097
7th February 2002, 09:26 PM
hi guys..
just thought I would drop in and say "hi"

btw, very nicely butchered!

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 09:29 PM
Thanks! I dig the topic buttons! :smile:

Five minutes in ImageReady, would you believe!

Lance
7th February 2002, 10:22 PM
the FAQ is a nice touch.

because there is no subject line, it seems there is also not a way to mark something as a reply to a specific post, and hence, the one you're actually replying to is not displayed on the page with the reply comment box. but that's pretty minor, i often reply to multiple messages anyway, so i just hit 'Z' key on Opera or the 'back' arrow on the browser window on the screen for you poor poor misguided non-users of Opera. :wink:
sorry about that bit of proselytizing. well, not really. [winks again]

auslander
8th February 2002, 02:12 AM
Hi everyone!

Did you code this up yourself Foxx? It looks great. It's fast and easy to use too!

^_^ excellent choice..

Anonymous
8th February 2002, 03:00 AM
Ah crap, I made an error when I registered. I accidentally created the user Firestae.... can it be deleted?

Wiseman
8th February 2002, 04:21 AM
Just saying "Hello!" to everyone... :wink:

BurnHead
8th February 2002, 05:47 AM
Yeeeahhh... nice board here Foxy! It's faster than this ezboard crap and looks way cooler! :wink:

btw... I am MasterRailgun for all those who don't know. I just re registered with my primary nick!

infoxicated
8th February 2002, 08:18 AM
"Firestae" what username did you want? I can look into changing it. :smile:

Wiseman
8th February 2002, 08:55 AM
Actually, looking at the memberlist, it appears as if Firestar has already signed up under his correct name(with a different account), I think he just wants to you delete the messed up "Firestae" one.

Status
8th February 2002, 09:02 AM
Ah... phpBB. This brings back some memories. Nice step up from the EZBoard. :smile:

xEik
8th February 2002, 01:10 PM
Nice board and extremely fast. Good work Infoxx.
Just wanted to say hello. We'll be leading this board to perfection!
By the way has everyone started receiving annoying mails from ezBoard? They suck more and more every day. IMHO we should gradually abandon ezBoard and keep it only for reference.
Anyway the new board rocks.

FishDK
8th February 2002, 04:08 PM
Can we have avatars on these boards?
I have an WO3 ava I really wanna use

http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/ups/DeNiro/jaws.gif<>< F I S H><>http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/ups/DeNiro/jaws.gif

Lance
8th February 2002, 08:30 PM
hey. Xeik, nice signature.

hi wiseman, welcome to the forum!

bernhard, that is why i always use your real name; it's less confusing that way. i go even further, i just use my real name as my nick.

AmigoJack
8th February 2002, 11:46 PM
WISE MOVE, FOXY!!!!

finally an autarque bbs for all the wip3rs, no need to suffer from popup-monster ezboard anymore...... ;-) im so happy

nevertheless i think there can be made quite many (slight) improvements on this board - just as example: those "standard" icons merely suck and arent very wipy. i know this means also quite much work (if you dont have that much time why dont you bother to let another co-worker maintenant the whole board PHP script).

the fish is right - i also miss an avatar, or at least my little 10x10 icon that i can show up below my nick.

but there is also a major *WISH* from me: what would you (and everybody else of course) think of that: every member who previously had >50 posts in the old W3PA should earn the status "W3PA" or anything else that cant be earnt in any other way - like making the hard-core of us wip3rs a bit more special?!

(maybe thats foolish - but i think that would be kinda cool)

Task
9th February 2002, 01:32 AM
Yee-haw!
The one, the true, the only... Wipeout Forum.
Well, perhaps not "only", but definitely better than anything else.
As usual, a very nice job Foxy!

science
9th February 2002, 03:38 AM
the new board looks very nice! i prefer this forum over the ezboard; it better incorporates into the site, and it makes wipeoutzone seem more self-sufficeint/professional.

cheers rob!

infoxicated
9th February 2002, 12:32 PM
Glad to see the positive comments so far.

As for little changes, I reckon there will be a whole load of new features in the new release of the board. Sadly for me that means I'll need to get back into it and customise all the code again!

Jack - I thought of giving the long standing members a unique rank, but with so many of you using different usernames it's hard to know who's who. (Add to that the fact I'd have to do it manually and it could be a bit of a chore!)

AmigoJack
9th February 2002, 03:07 PM
@infoxycated: well - should i give you a list of everyone who belongs to the "w3pa-core"? i think its worth it ;-)

zargz
9th February 2002, 04:47 PM
the unik rank - f4get it! imho it's of no real use..
subject line - also .. that way ppl'll stck2the subject I guess
and if another q is up then just post another topic! my2c

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ramirez on 2002-02-09 17:48 ]</font>

science
9th February 2002, 05:44 PM
unique titles would be cool, but i dont mind just racking up the posts again either. whatever the rest of you prefer is fine with me.

Dom
9th February 2002, 10:32 PM
First time I tried to post this post I put in my user name and password and just pressed return.... doh!!

Nicely done Foxy, the new forum looks sooo much better than the Ezboard one..... so many more features to play around with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dom on 2002-02-09 23:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dom on 2002-02-09 23:40 ]</font>

FoxZero
10th February 2002, 12:33 AM
this is a test of the new bulletin board system. this is only a test.

because there is no subject line, it seems there is also not a way to mark something as a reply to a specific post, and hence, the one you're actually replying to is not displayed on the page with the reply comment box.

just do the above
wee
list!
FAQ test

:smile: :cool: :razz: :oops: :evil: :roll: :wink: http://descent4.org/square/icon_upset.gif (http://foxzero.tripod.com/)

this has been a test of the new bulletin board system. if this were an actual post, it wouldve had much more relovence to the topic. thank you.

is there any way to turn off the edit message which will undoubtably appear below this text? it seems to be placed after you edit a post and cant be deleted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FoxZero on 2002-02-10 01:42 ]</font>

science
11th February 2002, 03:19 AM
the old board did that too. i prefer that it stays. dunno why, just like to know when someone has edited their stuff.

vincoof
11th February 2002, 07:54 AM
When you edit a post, the "edited y xxx" thingy have to be here.

As joel said, it helps knowing when a post have been edited.

Though, when you multiple-edit your post, you can remove the text from the latest edit, so you can choose having either only the latest "edit by xxx" text, or all the "edited by xxx".

zargz
11th February 2002, 02:20 PM
where u do that? (have only the last 'edited xxx')

science
11th February 2002, 08:39 PM
On 2002-02-11 15:20, Ramirez wrote:
where u do that? (have only the last 'edited xxx')

if you edit more than once, youll notice in your second, third, fourth, whatever # edit that the "edited by..." text of your last revision[s] will be at the bottom of your message body. you can just delete that part from the body and only the latest revision will be noted.

Piranha Advancements
15th February 2002, 07:29 PM
Whoo.New look.Much better than the EZBoard...